AvP Officially Gains PG13?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2004, 02:21:27 PM

Author
AvP Officially Gains PG13? (Read 23,437 times)

Cetanu

Cetanu

LOL, sorry guys, the forums weren't being nice to me so I had to send a 'test' message. Anyhow, there's good news. Look, even if AvP is rated PG-13, its still gonna scare the bejeezus outta ya! If anyone here has seen the previews for The Village, that looks scary as hell! Its rated PG-13. Remember now, in every interview that Anderson has been a part of, he's said that he's tried to make very clear that he's going for the horror element in this film just as much as he is action. That being said, I just think that regardless of there being a PG - 13 rating or not, the film is still gonna scare ya to death, as well as provide a goodly amount of bloody fight scenes.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

heres a paragraph from the book....spoilers!!!       "but as he rolled over onto his back, his eyes went wide. a third predator stood over him, wristblades     unshelthed. befor the roughneck can even scream, the twin blades scythed down, carving deep into his brain." now tell me is that pg13?   >:D   screw the producers.

G-Dog

G-Dog

To Flonge: Hope its not cut man. That would not be good, having to wait untill the Director's cut for the "real" version? damn....I agree with you 100% bro.  Same thing to you Variable. You're right about the companies only wanting to make the $$. That was the "bright side" I mentioned earlier to a PG-13 movie rating. More $$ in the box office, more likely to make a sequel you know?  And topman, I hear ya, and good point about Jason vs Freddy. But I bet you anything, they rated it R because it had sexual content in it. I mean, its just as gory as I think AVP isn't it? Haven't seen it (FvsJ) in a few months, so can't remember that well.  BriGuy, the franchises won't be dead by September man!! they just can't be!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOO! Naw dawg, seriously, I think it will do just fine. I mean, we're there to watch the aliens fight with the predators right? or are you there just to see blood? If that is the fact why you are there, go rent a bloody ass movie and enjoy all the blood you'd like. Kow what I mean? I agree that It won't be the same without it, still, its Alien vs Predator!!! (the sequel could be Alien(s) vs Predator(s) ) Resident Evil sucked for me, I'm sorry. I guess I was expecting too much of this film. I was disappointed...... Cetanu, good one with the Village example. Like I said, its all about the movie people. Don't be too caught up on the rating. And yeah! screw everybody!!    ;D  

xx13

xx13

What   rape scene? I didnt know there was a   rape scene!!!!!   ???     ???     ???     ???     ???     ???  

G-Dog

G-Dog

Anyone fo you guests female??  Been saying dude and bro and man to everyone, just curious.....  Anyway, I was curious, in the clips of AVP, you see the pred extend his blades longer ready to kick ass. I'm hoping Paul keeps it somewhat realistic and brns the shit out of the Pred with the alien's acid blood. Small mistakes like that sometimes kills movies. I don't know, its just me.  Example: Starship Troopers- when the brain bug stabs the female character (forgot name) in the shoulder, (note that it goes all the way through to the other side of her body) next couple of scnees after the action, she's all jumping up and down hugging people and shit.....god....just bad attention to detail you know? its like the director or writters/movie makers just didn't give a shit about the movie or something.

xx13

xx13

Maybe     this whole rating thing is just all for publicity. They started advertising I,Robot   on Tv like a week before release and   AVP a month before. After all this it will be   Rated R after kids telling their parents it will be PG-13 their parents will still take them after telling ther kid sthey will.

me

me

hey AdamJZ u can say f**k more thn 1 time in a pg-13 movie

alienworshoper

alienworshoper

dont worry....u get 2 c plenty of the aliens acid affect the perds in the movie if it is pretty much like the book.

mrlee

mrlee

Maybe FOX is doing this to keep people interested.U have to admit it is pretty gripping when you hear pg-13, then R and then back to pg-13.Everyone is going to keep interested until they find out what the rating is.

xx13

xx13

What  rape  scene? I didnt know there was a  rape  scene!!!!! confused confused confused confused confused confused

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hey Celtic, listen, buddy I hate to be forward like this, but quit using excerpts from the book as *spoilers*, the book is a fake and in no way shape or form will it accurately portray what will be in the film, so quit resorting to it. I have thousands of bits of proof that can embarass any credibility that book has...so, if you want to say something about the movie and have it be true, better go and see the movie first!

G-Dog

G-Dog

Hey Cetanu, you the one with the sneak preview of AvP?  Another thing too, everything that we see in the previews on TV or wherever, probably isn't going to make it in the movie. (I pray that it will) I just remembered, when the previews for Scary Movie 3 came out, there were scenes in the previews that didn't come out in the movie untill the DVD came out with the deleted scenes. So, that book may contain things that are not giong to be in the movie. Why would FOX put that book out exactly as the movie will be? Thats like giving everyting away.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

ah ok ya the book kinda sucks btw.

Hunterkiller

Hunterkiller

When will FOX realize they have a bigger fan base than just kids seeing it because they have nothing better to do. IGaruntee that every fan will see this at least two times if it's R. That's way more money in my opinion..

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Acid splash, gutting, chest bursting, dead humans, skinning, skull ripping, mouth biting! thats too much to cut out thatll make it like a movie edited for TBS!  you ugly mother Falcon!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed