Report From Comic Convention

Started by Darkness, Jul 27, 2004, 02:12:08 PM

Author
Report From Comic Convention (Read 7,352 times)

Darkness

Darkness

USAToday.com published a report on the San Diego Comic Book Convention and apparently, the audience were treated to a sneak-peek at Alien vs Predator and they greatly appreciated the footage:

“Alien vs. Predator, in which two big-screen villains face off Aug. 13, enjoyed huge applause during its footage montage. “These are the fans you want to impress,” said star Lance Henriksen. “Because if they don’t like what you show them, you’re cooked. These guys know how to use the Internet.”

Along with that, the website attached a clearer shot of the Alien and Predator faceoff as seen above. Thanks to BKB and Izzet for the news.

Update: IGN FilmForce also had something to say about the event.

“The Alien vs. Predator four-minute battle shown during the Fox presentation. People thought it was pretty damn incredible, too. They weren’t too keen on the “talky scenes” that were shown alongside it, but the fight was beloved.”

Cetanu

Cetanu

Is it me or does the lighting in that shot make the two badasses a bit too pale. Quite frankly the shot that that I've seen in all of the trailers had better visual quality than that. I really cant stand it anymore, having to wait till August 13th. If you remember baseman's report on the footage, the fight that started shaping up between Celtic and the alien sounded like one that would win at the MTV movie awards for 'best fight'.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

Finally some good news, atleast they impressed some hardcore AVP fans.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

yey. not this will rock. btw thats not celtic, but im sure he would win the most badass cheracter in a movie awards.    :D  

Xirmatul

Xirmatul

Cetanu, you don't know how lucky you are. August 13th is just a couple of weeks. I still have to wait until November 4th. Damn europe release.  It's great to hear that fans liked this preview screening.

Lord HamsteR

Lord HamsteR

Xirmatul-if you wana see AvP in cinima youl w8 till Nov 4th but iam prity shore the movie will be on vidio,vcd and on internet much erlier the October even!!  btw i think that Lance is wrong..cous the game fans and alien\predator fans where preing fore thise movie and from what i have saw in trailers the movie will be better then 2 class spider man which had 120 milion fore making the movie!!

Xirmatul

Xirmatul

Lord HamsteR, I know and it's kinda tempting but I'm not gonna do that. You said it. I wanna watch AVP on the big screen, with THX dolby surround when I see it for the first time. I don't wanna see some low quality video on my small monitor screen. But thanks.

Lord HamsteR

Lord HamsteR

your choise,but i wont w8 till november 18th    ;D  

J

J

BOY, I so badly want to be in the States when this BITCH launches itself upon the public, O MAN!    October 22nd, can it get hear sooner????

MoBiUG

MoBiUG

So then... By my reckoning, when I finally SEE the film on October 22nd I'll already have all the toys, and have read all the horrific reviews and probably know the ending because of the damn internet.

Lord HamsteR

Lord HamsteR

ill rather kill my self then w8 till november 18th fore looking AvP in cinema!

SCAR

SCAR

Is there some were i can download the 4 minute show??????

J

J

The film.   The Documentary is another thing, Darkness, will it be possible to download it on quicktime?

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

maybe the rating got hell alien alil sic lol

HellAlien

HellAlien

Terhou, the reason is simple. I was chasing some preds for dinner, they r tough lil bastards. I lost an arm in this one. But dont worry it will grow back.    ;D   Eheh   Oh and sandman, AH AH AH ! very funny, not cuz Fox has done a BIG HELLISH MISTAKE !! that i will be sick cuz of it. I havent been able to eat any preds for a lil while but its cool now.   Anyway, this comic thing is great news. we needed something like that to get our confidence a bit higher eh. AVP will be awsome END OF STORY ! Like i said in tha past, a rating wont kill a movie, the movie itself will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed