Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 315,037 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 30, 2021, 02:56:57 PM
"Skull" or "Skulls" has always been such a generic title I've always taken it as simply the code name. And it could just be that they haven't settled on a final name for it yet, hence why John Davis still referred to it as "Skull."

Plus there's no point in not advertising the Predator connection now that the cat's out of the bag. I could maybe have seen them try to keep it a secret if they'd managed to get it out there without anyone knowing it was a Predator film, but now there's not much point.

This one I don't quite understand...  Like, why the secrecy?  ???

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 11:37:49 AM
I think the problem with that one is that if we're still going Comanche (and staying accurate), their culture came about after the introduction of horses (iirc) which came around when the Spanish showed up which was around 1700s.

It'd be a let down if they went picking and choosing settings/elements of the culture and mishmashing things just to put together an entertaining film.  A tad disrespectful.  I don't expect to see any horses in the film, for the very reason you stated (unless they change the period).  Or thick, vegetated forests for that matter.  So, I'm definitely curious to see how a Predator hunt will be pulled off in that environment.  Kind of makes the prospect of the film more interesting given that it'll definitely be different than what we've seen thus far!

SiL

SiL

They're 3/4 through and there seems to be no sign or mention of horses so far, so they may have dropped the Comanche angle.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Well it is supposed to be pre-colonial. Native Americans didn't widely use horses until after the settlers, right?

SiL

SiL

Exactly. Someone seems to have pointed out they can't be pre colonial and have Comanche.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 09:45:11 PM
Exactly. Someone seems to have pointed out they can't be pre colonial and have Comanche.

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 14, 2021, 11:00:26 PM
Native American producer and consultant Jhane Myers posted this on set (she tags fight choreographer for the film, JJ Park, in the photo)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUARuBrMy3/

The movie does have a Native American consultant, Jhane Myers who is Comanche and Blackfeet. But perhaps it's an unspecified Native American tribe or earlier 'Proto-Commanche.'

From Wikipedia:

"The Proto-Comanche movement to the Plains was part of the larger phenomenon known as the "Shoshonean Expansion" in which that language family spread across the Great Basin and across the mountains into Wyoming. The Kotsoteka ('Bison Eaters') were probably among the first. Other groups followed. Contact with the Shoshones of Wyoming was maintained until the 1830s when it was broken by the advancing Cheyennes and Arapahoes.

After the Pueblo Revolt of 1680, various Plains peoples acquired horses, but it was probably some time before they were very numerous. As late as 1725, Comanches were described as using large dogs rather than horses to carry their bison hide "campaign tents."

If they are supposed to be in Wyoming, Calgary has been used for that location before with Brokeback Mountain.

SiL

SiL

Yes, I know she's there. My guess would be proto-Comanche if they still wanted the recognisability of the Comanche tribe, but I'm hoping they just leave it vague/fictional so they don't need to worry about putting their foot in their mouths.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2021, 10:12:50 PM
Yes, I know she's there. My guess would be proto-Comanche if they still wanted the recognisability of the Comanche tribe, but I'm hoping they just leave it vague/fictional so they don't need to worry about putting their foot in their mouths.

I agree, best route to go would be to just leave it unspecified I think.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 11:37:49 AM
I think the problem with that one is that if we're still going Comanche (and staying accurate), their culture came about after the introduction of horses (iirc) which came around when the Spanish showed up which was around 1700s.

Ah ok, the presence of the Comanche tribe and horses where stuff I didn't know was in the film. But honestly I can't imagine there's anything definitive in the film that could really preclude Predators having been to earth before. I bet if it's a hit they'll go back on that.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

38 Days ago! All this time these pics have been there.

ace3g

ace3g

Take this with a grain of salt, the Reddit user that posted the pictures responded to a comment with:

Spoiler
K-Y-I-Y-O
Op ·
33m

One of the crew members mentioned that it has something to do with "Raphael Adolini 1715", the flintlock Danny Glover was handed in P2.
[close]

Clubroot

Clubroot

I posted this on another topic thread, but I think it would have been better ''suited'' here. But Dane Diliegro has been spotted sporting the sasquatch suit again, and was also tagged on IG

*Archive*
https://i.imgur.com/3BNjefm.png

Do you guys think this is from Skull? or is this from another project that he is working on called Monsters of California?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13298500/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hashtag for the suit includes #rentalsuit

I doubt the studio would let anyone prematurely post costumes from the film, unfortunately.

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 31, 2021, 02:03:52 PM
Take this with a grain of salt, the Reddit user that posted the pictures responded to a comment with:

Spoiler
K-Y-I-Y-O
Op ·
33m

One of the crew members mentioned that it has something to do with "Raphael Adolini 1715", the flintlock Danny Glover was handed in P2.
[close]

Yeah I saw that. And he posted more than that. I messaged him already so we'll see.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The filming camp seems to match:

ace3g

ace3g

New possible set locations from Dane's IG story

Some fan concept art posters

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed