Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019

Started by BonesawT101, Oct 14, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

Author
Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019 (Read 69,990 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Anyone heard anything? ??? ::)

Wweyland

Still no information? I would get a 4k TV for this.

Darkness

No news at all. Everybody is really slow at releasing old movies in 4k.

I'd have thought they'd release Avatar before them. That'd look amazing in HDR.

Wweyland

So the only movies in the series that are 4k are Prometheus and Alien: Covenant?

Kimo

Ive just recently upgraded to a UHD 4KTV and Xbox one X mostly for gaming. But I defo would re-buy another version of Alien and Aliens to play on my new 4KTV if they do decide to release a 4K version of them films.

At the moment I own Prometheus on Blu-ray 3D but I will probably wait for the 4K version when I see it cheap. I don't really care enough to buy Alien Covenant on 4K at the moment. But will probably pick it up eventually when I see it dirt cheap in the bargain bin in the near or distant future.

One thing that's pissing me off with 4K at the moment? is it's hard to find a film that has all 4K UHD, Blu-Ray 3D and normal Blu-ray in one case. It's like if you want both a 4K version and a 3D Blu-ray version off the same film you have to buy them separately from shops like HMV or supermarkets. I've seen a few that support all formats in one case when shopping online, but with a stupid price tag. This shit needs to stop.

One more thing about 3D.. i just recently watched T2:3D and the 3D conversion was pretty dam good so I hope Cameron gets round to making Aliens in 3D, cos i would also buy that in a heart beat since my TV also support Blu-ray 3D.

Darkness

That seems to be much more common in America. You buy one version and you'll get it on lots of different formats whereas in the UK, you buy them separately. Makes sense to me. No point getting multiple versions if you only want the best version.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimo on Feb 19, 2018, 08:01:43 PM
One more thing about 3D.. i just recently watched T2:3D and the 3D conversion was pretty dam good so I hope Cameron gets round to making Aliens in 3D, cos i would also buy that in a heart beat since my TV also support Blu-ray 3D.

He did say he'd look at Aliens next if the Terminator 2 3D conversion when down well.

Kimo

Darkness It's just frustrating at the moment if you want both 4K and 3D in the same boxset. When Blu-ray 3D was big around say 2013 you could pay a tiny bit more and get the boxset with the 3D version as well as the normal Blu-ray and a Digital Copy and in some cases even a DVD disc... But these days, they only like to bundle the 4k disc without a 3D disc. :( The 4K format is basically ultra HD on a Blu-ray advanced disc, so they should stop being greedy bastards and support all formats with a reasonable price tag, and not make it were you have to buy them separately and pay double the price just to own that film.

An example.. I wanted to buy "War of the Planets for the Apes" in 4K and i was hoping it also came with the 3D version. But you could only get the 4K with the regular Blu-ray disc in most shops. However when looking online the was a version that had 4K, 3D, Bluray but it was like £40+ to buy.

The problem I'm having, is I want the best version which is obviously 4K but I also want the 3D version since I like 3D, however I don't want to pay double the price for the same film. So I have decided at the moment I will only buy 4K films that were not made in 3D. However any films that were shot in 3D I'm just going to buy the 3D version that comes also with the regular 2D Blu-ray disc.

I understand that most people don't need multiple versions of the same film. But seriously to print one's and zero's onto a blank disc must cost the manufacturers pennies compared to say years ago when different formats like vinyl, Laserdisc, Tape's  and VHS existed. Just pure greed no wonder people like the pirate.

Hicks
Defo hope T2:3D done well enough for us to get Aliens in 3D. Cos when I watch T2 in 3D it was like watching it for the first time in ages. I really enjoyed it.

Darkness

It's probably down to licensing and royalties. It'd just push the prices up for everyone if they included other formats so it's not as simple as just printing another disc. I hate to say it but 3D is as dead as the dodo and you're a very small minority who is still interested in it. It's hard for me to compare as I refuse to watch anything in 3D but I definitely say 4K an HDR do make a big difference if you have the right TV.

Ingwar

In one interview for Covenant Ridley mentioned that Alien will be released in 4K. I'm 100% but unfortunately I cannot find that video. There are some many.

Elmazalman

I have no interest in 3D and certainly wouldn't want to watch something that's been converted to 3D, that originally wasn't presented that way.

4K only for me. I'm sure they have something planned for ALIEN's 40th anniversary.

I would only need the first two films in 4K. I'll still keep all the past DVD and Blu-ray releases in my collection for their supplemental features.

Nightmare Asylum

If I had to guess, a six movie (maybe seven, if the third prequel happens and is included?) 4K "Anthology" type set will happen in a couple years time. I wouldn't expect individual releases to follow until a couple years after that.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteI can't reveal my sources, but Ridley Scott has recently approved a new 4K master of Alien. Whether this is a standalone release or a new box set of all the films is unknown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/8k1al4/alien_4k_remaster_is_happening/?st=jhbpsms7&sh=c6aee997

Could be bollocks, could not be.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2018, 08:43:02 AM
QuoteI can't reveal my sources, but Ridley Scott has recently approved a new 4K master of Alien. Whether this is a standalone release or a new box set of all the films is unknown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/8k1al4/alien_4k_remaster_is_happening/?st=jhbpsms7&sh=c6aee997

Could be bollocks, could not be.
Still patiently awaiting the Bob Penn book full of production stills - and a 4K ALIEN to go with it.

Wweyland

Can't wait to see all the pores on the faces of the actors and all the finer Nostromo and Derelict details.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed