CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 109,216 times)

Ash 937

This is what I said in the "Collector's Edition Revealed" Thread:

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 31, 2012, 04:11:10 PMI think in all fairness that they should include a skin for Vasquez.  She is arguably one of the most well-developed and colorful characters of the film.  I would much rather prefer to see her than Drake or Apone. 

I think female players are a must for A:CM since so much of the action in the film series revolves around strong female characters.  There is Ripley, Vasquez....and even Call from Alien Resurrection.  I think the omission of a playable female skin is an oversight on the part of GBX.  Thankfully we live in the age of DLC and this issue can be addressed sometime after the game is released.

WinterActual

It depends. If the female models differs with their height and overall size of the limbs, they can't add new skins as DLC because they will not fit into the male skeleton. Otherwise the female models will have the same height and limb measures as the male models, the same animations etc. Just the skin will differ. If you want female models with female animations and measures - GBX must add female skeleton and rig female animations to it  ;) Yeah Bella is already in the game, but just imagine she is a support char which appear only in cutscenes and there is no "playable" female skeleton model ;)

SM

QuoteWe may not have balls, but it sure doesn't tickle when we get hit there (TMI... haha)

Dunno if sonic EEElectronic clit-tickler would get by the censor...

Xenomrph

Yeah not having playable female marines is a little silly.

Moosh89

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2012, 05:32:22 AM
Dunno if sonic EEElectronic clit-tickler would get by the censor...

Only a dude would think of that, bahahaha

Thanks for your support everyone! Keep signing!

Chris!(($$))!

Sonic Electronic Bouncing Betty
SEBB
Sonic Electronic Ball Buster
Sonic Electronic Breast Buster
Sonic Electronic Boob Buster

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2012, 04:33:40 AM
Seems odd that they don't have females considering how iconic Vasquez is.

Like I said in a thread of mine on the Alien/Predator games forum, it seems like a lot of Alien/AVP games not directly based on the movies seldom feature women in the lead role, or even as selectable characters. It's like most of those games are catered to a macho audience, who probably loved everything about Aliens (and perhaps Alien too) save of course the pesky tough gals that smashed their weak little egos into even littler pieces.

So yeah, Ripley and Vasquez are iconic, but chances are that half of the people playing those games are those that did not like them. And there's enough of them to prevent the games from flopping.

But that's one theory of mine.

Moosh89

Thanks for your support everyone!, Don't forget to pass it along to others you know who are getting A:CM!

Lt. Kidd

Has your little petition actually been given the *nod* from SEGA?
I mean, did you put the cap at one hundred votes.. or have they asked for at least a hundred?

Predaker

Quote from: Lt. Kidd on Jun 11, 2012, 06:44:44 PM
Has your little petition actually been given the *nod* from SEGA?
I mean, did you put the cap at one hundred votes.. or have they asked for at least a hundred?

It would take far more than 100 to get the ball rolling. At this point it may do more harm than good, considering they most likely haven't even begun the work required. No one wants to see this game delayed anymore for any feature.

Moosh89

Nope, in fact I never set the cap, I'm sure it can be changed. That is the default cap when you leave the "Goal" field blank.

The message boards are a small fraction of the people who will actually buy this game and I thought I would start at a reasonable level after I seen the "100" cap.

I may bump it up to 500 or so. The point is given though, people want playable females.

newbeing

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jun 11, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Nope, in fact I never set the cap, I'm sure it can be changed. That is the default cap when you leave the "Goal" field blank.

The message boards are a small fraction of the people who will actually buy this game and I thought I would start at a reasonable level after I seen the "100" cap.

I may bump it up to 500 or so. The point is given though, people want playable females.

If there are gaming sites directed toward female players you might want to try there (if you haven't already).

predxeno

Interestingly enough, there's an image of a female marine advertised in the Gamestop preorder bonus pic above.

Moosh89

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 11, 2012, 07:44:34 PM
If there are gaming sites directed toward female players you might want to try there (if you haven't already).

Fantastic idea newbeing, thank you, off to google I go!

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 11, 2012, 08:45:36 PM
Interestingly enough, there's an image of a female marine advertised in the Gamestop preorder bonus pic above.

Indeed... I did see that and my wishful little mind started to churn, However that is Bella, from the story... if there were playable females in Multiplayer, you would think that Brian Burleson would have said so, same with Gearbox, and they would have replied to my email or to one of the message board threads stating that you can, and the worries and petition is not needed... Sadly, they have been quite mum.

I am going to quote a post I made last night in the Gearbox official forums thread:

QuoteAgain, I am all about story driven games, I can't wait to step into Cpl. Winter's boots and go on a bug hunt, but there needs to be diversity and individualism to the multiplayer/co-op. I am a female, therefore I should have a female marine that looks "somewhat" like me, that represents me, my personality in order to "Become a Colonial Marine"

Example:
slim
brunette, always hair up in a braid or ponytail, or a bun (I'm not too crazy with my hair styles, they are pretty basic, but functional haha) Whichever is easiest to have in a game and works with headwear (I'm not so much for helmets, but I have a vast hat collection!)
Green eyes (although who's really gonna be looking at my eyes while I'm shooting them?)
I guess you could say I'm short, I'm not sure, I've never stood before, but my ID says I'm 5'3, which is average, except in my family (My sister is 5'11, brothers 5'10 to 6'3, Dad 6'4, Mom 5'5)
light complection
I don't expect to be roaming LV-426 in a futuristic powerchair, so a nice set of combat boots will suffice

Armour wise:
Probably a smart gunner cap
M3 armour with some graffitti that suits me, My name stencil will read either MOOSH or KLASSEN maybe "Shoot the C***SUCKERS!" (family joke that applies to most video games), a pink rooster to signify me and my brothers *clan* "GYCH", maybe "SIC PARVIS MAGNA" and of course "Get away from her, you BITCH!"... still thinking of more
Lots of storage haha, I tend to carry alot, and I'm a virtual hoarder, or "scavenger".

Sounds like alot, but when you imagine it, you still get a very generic looking player model.

I will still shake it up a bit and play as Hicks, Hudson, Apone and maybe Drake when I'm feeling nostalgic and feel like shouting lines from the movie  but other then that, I'll play as a CUSTOM female as described, or close to it! (We don't know how deep the armour customization will go, hopefully they elaborate on that alittle more soon!

Thanks for the support everyone!

newbeing

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 11, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

That's Bella one of the NPCs in the game. There should be multiple female marines in the game even if they're not playable. We saw female marines in the Contact trailer as well and supposedly the studio that made that trailer used assets from Gearbox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed