The Return of Newt, Ripley & AvP? Performer Breanna Watkins talks "The Predator"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Apr 30, 2021, 11:11:32 AM

Author
The Return of Newt, Ripley & AvP? Performer Breanna Watkins talks "The Predator" (Read 5,944 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Return of Newt, Ripley & AvP? Performer Breanna Watkins talks "The Predator" Alternate Endings in our exclusive new interview!
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/breanna-watkins

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks again to Breanna!  Great to learn more info on how and where these alternate endings would have taken us!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

God, it still completely blows my mind that this is a thing that they ever even considered. Let alone filmed!

SiL

That main unit filmed. Jesus Christ.

Voodoo Magic

I do hope these scenes do surface one day.

I am curious what BDJ & Kradan, the biggest The Predator fans I know, would have preferred: One of these endings or the ending we got?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly I prefer the ending we got with the predator killer. But it's like choosing between a punch in the face and a kick in the balls. I'll take the former.

Master

All of them are equally crap.

Voodoo Magic

To be fair, while one might not favor the aim in narrative, the scenes itself could perhaps be well constructed.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah it's possible. Breanna Watkins seems cool and very enthusiastic about it. I'm sure she and the whole crew did their best with what they were given.

I also heard that there was a big set piece action sequence in the emissary cut, with tanks engaged in a chase with the hybrids, I would very much love to see that.

Nightmare Asylum

Well constructed or not, they're still scenes that feature a living, breathing Ripley or Newt arriving in the modern day in a totally separate franchise after dying ~150 years in the future.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 30, 2021, 03:15:39 PM
I also heard that there was a big set piece action sequence in the emissary cut, with tanks engaged in a chase with the hybrids, I would very much love to see that.

Now this is something I actually would have liked to have seen. The Ripley/Newt stuff, however? Not at all.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2021, 02:00:54 PM
I do hope these scenes do surface one day.

I am curious what BDJ & Kradan, the biggest The Predator fans I know, would have preferred: One of these endings or the ending we got?

Well, PredKiller scene as iffy as it is at least makes SOME sense. Throwing Ripley/Newt in there makes none. So, I'll give my vote to the ending we got. However, I still would like to see these alternative endings just for the curiosity's sake

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 30, 2021, 12:01:48 PM
God, it still completely blows my mind that this is a thing that they ever even considered. Let alone filmed!

Have to agree there

426Buddy

What an embarrassing story concept, talk about dodging a bullet.

Voodoo Magic

As a fan of Alien Vs Predator, it does make me a bit sad that it appears they were setting up a third AvP film here - which perhaps could have happened if The Predator was executed better on all levels.

Kradan

If only AvPR didn't kill AvP as a franchise. If only  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 30, 2021, 04:54:31 PM
If only AvPR didn't kill AvP as a franchise. If only  :'(

Yeah, that's fair, even though I believe the first AvP film didn't do the license any favors either. But with The Predator, it looked like a conscious effort to revive AvP, but it never left the starting gate.

Of course the next effort to revive AvP appeared to be the Netflix animated AvP series, which got squashed too with the acquisition reportedly. So the hits just kept on coming.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed