Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :)

Started by Nostromo, Aug 24, 2016, 10:36:13 AM

Author
Anyone watch Football? NFL that is :) (Read 29,270 times)

Gr33n M4n

Sad to hear Kevin Greene has passed away today.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 22, 2020, 08:19:23 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 04:02:15 AM
I grew up kind of without a team because of living in Kentucky and being a state without a franchise.

My Dad is a Cowboys fan so I watched them, and we are close to Nashville so all their games are on. 

I really just kind of root for former UK players in the nfl.

So I'm happy that the Dolphins finally started to play Lynn Bowden, the kid is an absolute stud who actually took one for the team at UK and basically played QB the majority of last season as a WR.  He was named the most versatile player in the nation for a reason, and it blows my mind that as good as nfl scouts are, they sometimes get a guy and dont know how to use him like they did in Oakland.  I'd have liked to see what he could've done had he not been traded to Miami right before the season started.

Currently watching Benny Snell and Pittsburgh.

Well, Snell looked good but the rest of the Steelers didn't! Alarming slump for them from 11-0 and looking a lock for the #1 seed.

They still use Snell wrong most of the time.  Snell isn't a guy you can give the ball too once and hit a home run, he's a guy who can lean on the defense after a dozen or so carries, and then after they are tired of tackling him he starts to gash teams for five or six yards, and then a twenty yard gain.

Too often Pitt tries to use him with three or four rushes.  He will never be effective that way, got to give him more than that. 

Steelers started playing worse when Bud Dupree went down.  Him and Watt were forcing other teams offenses into making mistakes.  Now they double Watt and look a whole lot less dynamic on that end. 

Rankles75

Another Brady Bowl....  ::)

Go Chiefs!

Kimarhi

I'll be going for Tampa because Mike Edwards a UK great plays for them. 

Rankles75

Rankles75

Bucs to win 34-24, Brady wins another SB and gets the MVP honours, and we all die a little on the inside...

Not too far off, but I gave the Chiefs way too much credit. Awful performance in all three areas.

Local Trouble

Brady's running out of fingers.

Rankles75

Rankles75

2021-22 season gets underway tonight after an eventful offseason (for a variety of reasons). Hoping the Jets are much more competitive than last year, though we're finishing bottom of the Division regardless. This is how I see the season going:

AFC East

Bills 12-5 (3)
Patriots 10-7 (7)
Dolphins 9-8
Jets 5-12

AFC North

Ravens 13-4 (2)
Browns 12-5 (5)
Steelers 10-7 (6)
Bengals 6-11

AFC South

Titans 11-6 (4)
Colts 9-8
Jaguars 6-11
Texans 2-15

AFC West

Chiefs 13-4 (1)
Chargers 10-7
Raiders 8-9
Broncos 7-9

NFC East

Cowboys 10-7 (4)
WFT 9-8 (7)
Giants 5-12
Eagles 4-13

NFC North

Packers 13-4 (1)
Vikings 9-8
Bears 6-11
Lions 4-13

NFC South

Buccaneers 12-5 (2)
Saints 9-8
Falcons 6-11
Panthers 5-12

NFC West

Seahawks 11-6 (3)
49ers 10-7 (5)
Rams 9-8 (6)
Cardinals 7-10

AFC Wild Card

Ravens v Patriots
Bills v Steelers
Titans v Browns

NFC Wild Card

Buccaneers v WFT
Seahawks v Rams
Cowboys v 49ers

AFC Divisional Playoffs

Chiefs v Browns
Ravens v Bills

NFC Divisional Playoffs

Packers v 49ers
Buccaneers v Seahawks

AFC Championship Game

Chiefs v Ravens

NFC Championship Game

Packers v Seahawks

Super Bowl LVI

Chiefs v Packers

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 09, 2021, 06:45:14 PM
NFC East

Cowboys 10-7 (4)
WFT 9-8 (7)
Giants 5-12
Eagles 4-13

My poor Eagles!

Local Trouble

I thought you was a Cowboys fan.

Voodoo Magic

No sir. Been bleeding green since I was a little tyke.

Kimarhi

I am a Cowboys fan by association.  Simply because my dad watched them so much as I was a little fella.

Generally I just watch to see how the UK players are doing as professionals, and semi follow the Titans because of their proximity (they got mashed today). 

Rankles75

New season, same old Jets...

426Buddy

Same ol Lions :laugh: :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

My Eagles rolling over the Falcons pleasantly surprised me. I know the Atlanta Falcons is not a good team, but good teams are supposed to give bad teams like that a whoop'n. So maybe they're good?!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Let's see how they do against my Niners this weekend.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed