Colonial Marines at PAX Prime & Gamescom

Started by ikarop, Aug 07, 2011, 08:03:43 PM

Author
Colonial Marines at PAX Prime & Gamescom (Read 16,448 times)

Ash 937

I think August is too soon for a playable demo for a game thats coming out in the middle of next year.  If the demo even was playable it would be utter crap and the rumors would fly that A:CM is a bad game before GBX can even finish it.  I think its time for us to see some in-game footage but the playable demo needs to be saved for later.

m138jewski

m138jewski

this game has been in development for so damn long, I'll be surprised if its actually good

WinterActual

Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 13, 2011, 01:42:01 AM
I can only assume SEGA/GearBox is hiding a bad game and don't feel confident enough to show it to the masses :-\
I can't agree more bro!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Moss on Aug 13, 2011, 04:01:10 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 13, 2011, 01:42:01 AM
I can only assume SEGA/GearBox is hiding a bad game and don't feel confident enough to show it to the masses :-\
I can't agree more bro!

They're showing it at Pax Prime to ANYONE attending.... And sure you can't play it. You can never play a game the first time its publicly shown.

WinterActual

If they are showing it to anyone, so we can expect cam quality vids in youtube, yes?

ikarop

ikarop

It has not been confirmed yet whether or not cameras will be allowed at the booth.

Chris!(($$))!

Wait what? But it's the REAL public unveiling... You'd think people going to see the demo would be able to record the gameplay.

SizzyBubbles

I voted for it... but honestly I've grown impatient of it. I was really excited when it was announced... but that is now on hold till it actually comes out. I would have rather voted for The Last Guardian (which is half the reason i got a ps3 for)

MarcusVerus

I hope that cameras will be allowed. I would really like to finally see some gameplay  ;D

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: ikarop on Aug 14, 2011, 01:32:29 AM
It has been not confirmed yet whether or not cameras will be allowed at the booth.
This will be very funny if its "public" but you can't record anything with your camera/phone  :D

PsyKore

It would be odd if they disallowed cameras.

If that's the case, can't someone make a pen camera, or something? Maybe rig up a little camera in a shirt button. Go in undercover.  :P

newbeing

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 14, 2011, 12:36:29 PM
It would be odd if they disallowed cameras.

If that's the case, can't someone make a pen camera, or something? Maybe rig up a little camera in a shirt button. Go in undercover.  :P

It isn't odd. I remember at PAX east they had the Darkness II as a playable demo, but you were forbidden to record footage of what you played.

They'll probably have the same setup they had at E3 and Gearbox community day.

Chris!(($$))!

Damn... I hope thats not the case. If it is then they better release the gameplay footage to us in like HD.

Helbound

Whats the point of PAX exactly? Wouldnt the point of having a booth be to advertise your product? Kindof dumb to advertise to only a small number of people and not allow them to record; resulting in free mass advertisement.
They might as well build a wall around the booth and say "No one is allowed to see whats on these screens.... no one!"   

But really, I have no idea what these expos are.

PsyKore

Quote from: Helbound on Aug 15, 2011, 09:57:35 AM
Whats the point of PAX exactly? Wouldnt the point of having a booth be to advertise your product? Kindof dumb to advertise to only a small number of people and not allow them to record; resulting in free mass advertisement.
They might as well build a wall around the booth and say "No one is allowed to see whats on these screens.... no one!"   

But really, I have no idea what these expos are.

I'm with you on that. I don't understand the point of them if they don't show anything. Only thing I can think of is they want to tease the public by only showing it to a small handful of people (some of which would report about it on the net), which would generate curiosity about the game until an actual demo or even the full game finally came out. A pretty cruel method though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed