Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,696 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2012, 11:33:58 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 08, 2012, 11:30:35 PM
Except that none of the aliens ever live long enough to know for sure...

Of course we do.

AvP:Poo aside.
Two words, Black Magic. Eh?

SM

SM

Not if you pay attention.

whiterabbit

lol

The black goo is pretty much a black magic. However a survivor, perfect organism is going to find a way to survive. Facehuggers alone will eventually become useless. Then what? It'll just sit there and die as suggested?

SM

SM

Yep.

The Alien isn't immortal or omnipotent.

Black goo is neither here nor there in this instance.

Local Trouble

How does SM usually respond to the "perfect organism" argument?  ;)

SM

SM

SM usually says that "perfect organisms" aren't susceptible to machine guns.

samoht

samoht

It depends what you classify as the "perfect organism", and what contexts and external attributes we take into consideration. If we compare them to the rest of existence and everything in it then no, they are not "perfect".

However, if we don't get too pedantic over the word "perfect" then we are left with a nice description of the aliens superior survival qualities compared to other critters.

SM

SM

Another things that makes it less than perfect is that it requires an entirely different species in order to procreate.

It's perfect in terms of it's adaptability though.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Theres an interesting thing that novelization says. It basically implies that everything Ash's head said was a lie to try to terrorize the rest of the crew and scare them with this invincible monster story, so they will plug Ash back in thinking his their only chance. Then he would try to kill them again. Hence the omitted "have you tried to communicate with it" part of the speech, which was a more direct try at getting them to plug him back in and seek his cooperation

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

True. When asked by Lambert, you admire it, Ash said that he admired it's purity. A survivor. Unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality. Almost pitying himself for what he was programmed to do which likely was against his base programming which was to serve human beings. He doesn't actually try to outright kill Ripley and I thought it was obvious that he was internally trying to fight the order as he roll up the perfect murder weapon, a titty magazine. I mean honestly there was something going on there. He didn't even want to soil his own hands which was why he used a magazine.

However as far as being a lie or an exaggeration, three obviously exhausted people vs an 8 foot tall monster with giant claws, acid blood and profoundly strong. He wasn't lying when he said they can't kill it.

Also re watching the Lambert alien scene again... well shit, it dose rape her. I mean just look how interested the alien is in her. Also Parker was still muttering even after being head bite. There was also an alien groan of ecstasy translated as a roar in the subtitles. Lambert's toes were also bent the f**k out of shape. I still have no idea what she was hanging from unless the Alien decided to play barbie dolls and fit her into a space suit.

The worst of it all is that now the question has to be, was Dallas also raped? Well of course something happened.

Also I didn't notice it at first but the Ripley Ash whooping kind of resembled the Shaw Engineer fight.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2012, 07:42:27 PM
Aliens come from facehuggers - not tails.
I was referring to R.Scott's audio commentaries (Alien Quadrilogy) about impregnation like I already wrote in this thread. There aren't many other ways to impregnate (as we can hear Lambert, it is almost sure it is not eggbarfing).

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2012, 02:57:58 AM
Another things that makes it less than perfect is that it requires an entirely different species in order to procreate.
It's a "perfect" parasite.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Oct 09, 2012, 03:07:20 AM
It basically implies that everything Ash's head said was a lie to try to terrorize the rest of the crew and scare them with this invincible monster story,
Interesting. When he says :"You still don't know what you are dealing with" implies he knows what he is dealing with, how could he know ? He certainly is bluffing...or he encountered one in a previous mission (but that's off topic)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Oct 08, 2012, 10:37:10 PM
A bunch of movies.

When talking about stuff like this it makes sense to look at Alien as a stand alone thing... there was no queen or hive or any of that. It was this inconceivable Lovecraftian thing. You really didn't know what it's motives were, just that they weren't good for the Nostromo crew or the Derelict for that matter.

This goes into what Ash's head said... yeah it was his head but I think what he was saying was the truth. The Alien was perfect in it's psychology. It just didn't care. You could kill it but it'd rip you apart and not care. Know what I mean? That's why the company wanted it. It was thorough and got the job done. It's so merciless and the sad part is they think they can control it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

You could probably retroactively apply some of David's psychology to Ash - he's a machine and thinks he's better than the humans. He meets this Alien (d'aww): an organic/machine hybrid beast that also transcends them. He's fascinated and a little in lurve. It has no scruples at all. Maybe Ash also felt a little superior to the Nostromo crew because he was actively deceiving them.
All speculative, o' course.

SM

SM

QuoteWhen talking about stuff like this it makes sense to look at Alien as a stand alone thing...

In the context of the stand alone movie - Aliens still come from facehuggers.

Local Trouble

At some point, wouldn't the alien need to inject an eggmorphing host with some genetic material anyway?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed