Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,622 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't be shocked if the 'Alpha' is a reoccurring dream in the first six issues (since Phillip K. Johnson keeps referring to this first arc as skewing close in tone/style to Alien and Aliens) but maybe with issue seven or so, once we hit the second arc, we might see something a bit more Prometheus/Covenant with the Alpha and the pathogen entering into the story in a more literal way. Johnson did mention in an interview a while ago that he was very inspired by a lot of Giger's non-Alien art, so there might be more than just this Alpha being at play.

Only time will tell.

Immortan Jonesy

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2021, 01:33:17 AMReckon.  I don't mind the 'Alpha' (seems odd that it has a name if it's just some dream figment) as long as it has some context that fits.  It's not hard to think it's some black-goo mutation.

Yeah, this.

I don't have a problem with them trying out some newfangled Alien-hybrid - it's not like Dark Horse never dabbled in that area. The art issues are comfortably the bigger problem.

judge death

Feel free to say which dark horse story had a humanoid woman/xeno hybrid in it? I know of two stories where they made new xeno type:
1: the alien king from a human scientist who artificiually made it and royal jelly, the xenomorphs killed it and never let it in or lead them, to them it was a enemy.
2 avp story where these white xenomorph which also was created but didnt look human but a new xeno style creature which the true xenomorphs also sees as a enemy and took it out.

In dark horse stories the true xenos bever accept these hybrids/experiments and killed them very soon and was inferiour to the xenomorph, not allowing those to become leader or part of them. Which is why I cant see the xenos now accepting a sil/ humanoid xeno chick into the ranks and hell even lead them? They would kill it. The true leaders of the xenos is either their queens or the queen mother as seen in earth war series.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I take it you never read Aliens: Colonial Marines? The old 10 issue series not the game tie-in.

Kradan

Kradan

Does Aliens: Purge count ? I mean, yeah technically she is a synth but she looks like a woman and has strength and abilities of a xeno

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Mar 23, 2021, 10:55:33 AMFeel free to say which dark horse story had a humanoid woman/xeno hybrid in it?

You literally just listed several examples of DH toying around with hybrids yourself. What does the fact this new one looks a bit like a woman have to do with anything?

Quote from: judge death on Mar 23, 2021, 10:55:33 AMIn dark horse stories the true xenos bever accept these hybrids/experiments and killed them very soon and was inferiour to the xenomorph, not allowing those to become leader or part of them. Which is why I cant see the xenos now accepting a sil/ humanoid xeno chick into the ranks and hell even lead them? They would kill it. The true leaders of the xenos is either their queens or the queen mother as seen in earth war series.

Have you considered the fact that, just maybe, the new story might explain what is going on here?

judge death

Long time ago, will retead it when I get back home, have some memory of some humans getting in contact with royal jelly and mutates to not xenos but hostile creatures, will reread and come back but no memory of them becoming sil like creatures.

Correct syntethic made with xenomorph materials and was at best left alone but later had to fixt the xenos, gonna reread it when I get back home, bbedn a year since last time.

426Buddy

They were literally bug men, human/xeno hybrids.

SM

SM

They made a whole movie about a human woman/ xeno hybrid.

426Buddy

:laugh:

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2021, 12:05:41 PM
They made a whole movie about a human woman/ xeno hybrid.

But it wasn't by DH so no

SM

SM

They did a comic too.

judge death

Haha true :p But wouldnt say it was in the same style as what we seen here and much more sil like, and ripley didnt walk around leading the xenos but was chased by them for the most part. :)

Hudafuk: my point is that those looked more like true xenomorphs and less like sil and was designed to be better and lead/rival the xenos, the alien king was designed for that but the queen alien defeated it, same for the other which shows to me a hybrid wouldnt be a leader for them. From what it looked like this sil was leading the xeno horde which goes against it and looking far different than the hybrids made earlier. Okay not impossible to do I guess in the story with pathogen and royal jelly but that the xenos would see it as their leader is my grip. But now it seems its a dream and a fantasy so not worth thinking more on and wait and see how the story go and how the writer explains things on the established lore and orevious knowledge of hybrids :p

Buddy: alright, will check when home :)

Ps hate writing on phones -.-

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: judge death on Mar 23, 2021, 12:34:01 PM
Haha true :p But wouldnt say it was in the same style as what we seen here and much more sil like, and ripley didnt walk around leading the xenos but was chased by them for the most part. :)

Yeah, you get it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed