Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,392 times)

judge death

To me its just as important as the art :P Else alien is just a monster you can do whatever you want with and not care for what been shown before, if theres no lore and rules for it then well I can make xenomorph suddenly mutate into xeno vampires that on the day looks like humans and on the night becomes xenomorphs and explain it by: ehm they got bitten by vampires so they are xeno vampires now xD Alien is just a mean of telling a story.

Thats why lore is important to me so the xenos behave and adapt and work as they intend to and not become whatever fantasy a writer wants them to be.

Nightmare Asylum

Well, Planet of the Vampires was pretty sweet. 8)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2021, 05:51:42 PM

Is it normal for the first half hour of Alien to be similar to that cult movie?  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 20, 2021, 06:50:48 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2021, 05:51:42 PM

Is it normal for the first half hour of Alien to be similar to that cult movie?  :laugh:

Don't get me started on Prometheus' space suits. ;)

judge death

hahahaha xD

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The only way I'll ever read this series

Just kidding, no way I'm reading this shit lol

RidgeTop

Courtesy of SizzyBubbles.

SM

SM

:laugh:

[cancerblack]

Sizzy's pulling out some really good bantz lately.

SM

SM

I'm torn on this - I don't want to judge the final product without at least seeing what the story is like, but geez they're making it fecking difficult to get on board.

Might have to sneak in a buy a copy at my local comic shop while Tristan's at lunch...

RidgeTop

Quote from: SM on Mar 21, 2021, 10:53:51 PM
I'm torn on this - I don't want to judge the final product without at least seeing what the story is like, but geez they're making it fecking difficult to get on board.

Might have to sneak in a buy a copy at my local comic shop while Tristan's at lunch...

I'm also torn, as maddening as this issue is as an artist, I still want to go in with an open mind and give the comic a chance regardless.

Nice take here by Michael Scudieri:

https://michaelscudieri.com/ash-a-fan-fiction-web-comic/blog/marvel-and-photoshop?fbclid=IwAR14V0_asATxaIYk9Kmf_zzSMY8jLAPXGDIE06mAyG3kuUp1Zyuy1LRCMcY

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:22:43 PM
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/preview-marvel-comics-alien-1

5 page preview.
I really dislike that artwork. It looks... Not cheap, but lacklustre? As if there's no heart in it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2021, 09:50:48 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 19, 2021, 12:06:34 PM
Reminds me of a Locusta piece, but I don't think it's traced.

Ah yes, that's what it reminded me of.

Mostly the colour choices, I reckon.

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 20, 2021, 09:30:15 PM
The only way I'll ever read this series
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-02-2015/PCZJw7.gif

Just kidding, no way I'm reading this shit lol
This is how I will do it, after I read reviews and detailed info about the story and what happens and what more marvel might screw up, there is no way I will give them my money at the moment.

HuDaFuK

There was a lot of bashing of Marvel getting the licence straight off the bat.

I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until we'd actually got some product from them, but man it feels like they're just taking the piss at every turn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed