Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,501 times)

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
The solicitations also mention a ALIEN GRAPHIC COMIC BOX. Wonder if they're doing an Alien themed storage box.

Pretty sure that's exactly what it is! Which is something I've been wanting for some time as all my A/P/AVP comics are in plain old comic storage boxes. They did a Conan themed box when they got that license so there's precedent.

Hunter-Killer

The take away from this is obtaining a sick alien comic box. The covers displayed here don't particularly excite me, but hopefully there's something stand out in the other...11 variants haha

Nukiemorph

I don't see Greg Land listed on any of the variants.
Good.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 23, 2020, 02:43:21 PM
I was right, the character is

Spoiler
Bishop.

QuoteGabriel Cruz gave his life to Weyland-Yutani–In the case of an alien attack he barely survived, almost literally! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android, but his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly...and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorph are far from over. Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up to tell an all-new tale of the titan of horror and science fiction that has scared audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream.
[close]
Also good.

I'm excited about the box, but there's no way I'm spending $70 on one issue to collect all the variants.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
The solicitations also mention a ALIEN GRAPHIC COMIC BOX. Wonder if they're doing an Alien themed storage box.

It is just that. A cardboard long box for storing comic issues.

They do themed ones all the time.

danihr

Dear AVSPG team,
Been ages so thought I'd drop in to thank you again. Followed you since forever (username shimmering canopy). What an amazing job you've done all this time. I'm proper chuffed for you all, and voodoo what a great addition. I especially love your podcasts, so great listening likeminded A&P nerdies, I'll never tire of that. Love your insights, and how articulate you are yet so down to earth- and how you make me laugh at times, like the time of the 'virus plot mechanism suggestion' . BTW, Corporal, fair enough those who complain about the swearing, but for the record I f love it 😊😊😊
keep it up guys, can't believe how prominent you've become, what with all those high profile guests you are gwtting these days (can't wait for the A.H. one next year). Stay safe👍👍

Nightmare Asylum

Still pretty bummed about Salvador Larocca doing the art on this, though. :-\

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2020, 10:27:01 PM

We may see some of this with Bishop but Larroca is still a solid artist and has a very dynamic style that I think will work great for Alien.

Rhino Alien

Rhino Alien

You could look at each of these covers and know nothing about the story or plot; "hey, another generic Aliens comic" is what most people will think, not good for sales.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Rhino Alien on Dec 24, 2020, 01:34:41 AM
You could look at each of these covers and know nothing about the story or plot; "hey, another generic Aliens comic" is what most people will think, not good for sales.

Plenty of Dark Horse comics had covers that had nothing to do with the story inside.

Whiskeybrewer

Intrigued and kinda looking forward to it

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2020, 08:29:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F4iIlhA39o

Not watched yet, but another interview.

So one thing Johnson mentioned was that he couldn't say anything about AVP right now but that Marvel does have plans to connect the three down the line. Which I'm not at all surprised about and actually looking forward to Marvel's take on the shared universe.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 23, 2020, 02:43:21 PM
Marvel solicitations are up:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/23/march-2021-marvel-comics-solicitations/

I was right, the character is

Spoiler
Bishop.

QuoteGabriel Cruz gave his life to Weyland-Yutani–In the case of an alien attack he barely survived, almost literally! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android, but his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly...and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorph are far from over. Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up to tell an all-new tale of the titan of horror and science fiction that has scared audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream.
[close]

Nice call Ultramorph!

El Pistolero

To be honest. The US Comic marked is very industiral. I realised it when I started reading frensh comics. They put much more time and heart in each album. In the US they pumping out issues and the quality doesn't matter anymore. The artists are always stressed to make it to the deadlines and more and more is copy and paste of artwork that already exists. I think these new Aliens Comics will make nothing different in any way.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 23, 2020, 10:45:16 PM

We may see some of this with Bishop but Larroca is still a solid artist and has a very dynamic style that I think will work great for Alien.

Even if it is just for the new Bishop model, I really don't want to see any of this at all honestly.

The fact that Giger's non-Alien art is going to factor into this book is incredibly exciting to me. The fact that it might turn out to just be traced Giger art? Not so exciting!

Kailem

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 26, 2020, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 23, 2020, 10:45:16 PM

Even if it is just for the new Bishop model, I really don't want to see any of this at all honestly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed