Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Author
Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 40,099 times)

SpeedyMaxx

I've seen online butthurt with a side dash of "social justice" happen for a hell of a lot less than that scene.  Any handhold in an argument, for some people.  They'd call it sexist and misogynistic.  They'd be up their own ass, but that's never stopped the Internet.

echobbase79

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 09, 2012, 11:51:23 PM
Damn the Weyland/Vickers scene was so much better than what we got in the theatrical release :o I freaking love the scene and they f***ing cut it up........ Vickers knowing about the trilobite makes it even better.

Yeah, I actually feel bad for Weyland when he dies now. In the theatrical cut it felt so empty. It seems they cut out the soul of the movie in certain areas. A extended version should definitley be released.

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:25:21 AM
I've seen online butthurt with a side dash of "social justice" happen for a hell of a lot less than that scene.  Any handhold in an argument, for some people.  They'd call it sexist and misogynistic.  They'd be up their own ass, but that's never stopped the Internet.

Damn those feminazis!

SpeedyMaxx

That's really not what I'm saying.  It's a world of difference.  The point is there's going to be people who would cry out at any kind of edgy sequence like that one.  I would've put it in anyway, myself, but I doubt that's why it was cut.  I think they wanted a more conventional narrative for Shaw and Holloway.  I don't agree, but there we are.

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:28:40 AM
The point is there's going to be people who would cry out at any kind of edgy sequence like that one.
...you call that edgy?

Vickers

I'm confused... why exactly would people call Ridley Scott a misogynist for using the alternate Shaw/Holloway scene?

SpeedyMaxx

If you can point to the last time we've seen a sex scene like that one in a mainstream summer sci-fi blockbuster - which goes from a drunken, nasty argument with one party slapping the other one and the other guy forcing himself, then it turns consensual - then yes, I will call it that.  It's hardly Gaspar Noe or Lars von Trier, it's very tame by comparison, but it definitely has a lot more bite than most of the mainstream genre shit we see out there lately, in terms of human relations vs. bug-eyed monsters.  Most people are far more comfortable with the bug eyed monsters and vaginal horror.

The answer as to who would call him misogynistic is: "No one sane."  But as I said, that would never have stopped the Internet.

Bat Chain Puller

Most of these scenes would have not have made the film any better.

Vicker's mentioning the 'squealing thing next door' was a nice touch, but I can see how the rest of it's connecting dialogue stretched the scene out too long for what amounts to nothing in the end for either character.

Seeing the extra arm flail and whale moan of the engineer was also nice. But the entire scene around it is over the top acting by LMG and an outrageous intro to the sex scene.

Finding the shedded skin is just an homage/echo that does nothing but make you think of Brett trailing Jonesy on the Nostromo. And it ended up looking more like pantyhose.

The real meat and potatos of material should be in that additional 20 minutes on the blu.

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:32:41 AM
It's hardly Gaspar Noe or Lars von Trier, it's very tame by comparison, but it definitely has a lot more bite than most of the mainstream genre shit we see out there lately, in terms of human relations vs. bug-eyed monsters.
LOLOLOL.

And I thought your comment about the rose shot in the theatrical cut being one of the most iconic, beautiful shots evaaarr was outrageous hyperbole!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 10, 2012, 01:32:51 AM
The real meat and potatos of material should be in that additional 20 minutes on the blu.

But what if the theatrical cut...
Spoiler
...was all the meat and potatoes? :o
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 10, 2012, 01:35:15 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:32:41 AM
It's hardly Gaspar Noe or Lars von Trier, it's very tame by comparison, but it definitely has a lot more bite than most of the mainstream genre shit we see out there lately, in terms of human relations vs. bug-eyed monsters.
LOLOLOL.

And I thought your comment about the rose shot in the theatrical cut being one of the most iconic, beautiful shots evaaarr was outrageous hyperbole.

Life must be exceedingly difficult posting among the peons, Cvalda.  It's a pity I didn't bother to ask your permission.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2012, 01:36:09 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 10, 2012, 01:32:51 AM

But what if the theatrical cut...
Spoiler
...was all the meat and potatoes? :o
[close]

When I say 'material' I, of course, mean 'deleted material.' Of course the meat and potatoes was the theatrical cut.

At this point I just want to see the alternate cargo bay attack and Shaw+Space Axe vs Harvey "Two Face" Engineer!

Nightmare Asylum

Haha, I gotcha :P I really want to see those as well. And the extended beginning with all the Engineers.

Oh, and if footage exists, something (anything!) showing that Shaw told the remaining crew about the Trilobite. Vickers' comment in the deleted scene makes me thing that something might exist.

SpeedyMaxx

The longer climax is what I'm waiting on.  That and the alleged scene with Vickers and Janek after she torches Holloway.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:43:08 AM
the alleged scene with Vickers and Janek after she torches Holloway.

Ah yes, that one too. Completely forgot about that one, actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed