NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,703 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2016, 02:26:39 PM
Randy just posted on Twitter about the possibility of getting a domed variant of the Aliens alien.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/727500725589315584

Cant you just popped the head of any of the domed Aliens and put them on the warriors?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on May 04, 2016, 02:33:02 AM
I thought that the Weyland Commando and Alien3 Ripley will be out in June. I would like to know the time frame about the Molten Xeno variant myself!

Same wave so the molten variant should be out at the same time.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Does anyone know if Neca has plans for Kenner inspired Flying Queen? Since Neca's Queen is huge this could be the biggest Alien figure, or they could just make a regular flying xenomorph as a tribute. Neca had already made non accurate AvP Predators and Grid Alien. Why not a flying alien?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Odds are they'd probably want to see how well the Alien Kenner tributes do. I expect these to require some more tooling than the Predator ones.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: georgeromero on May 04, 2016, 11:11:23 AM
Neca had already made non accurate AvP Predators and Grid Alien.
Can you elaborate on this?

lightsyder

lightsyder

Grid didn't have the tip of his tail cut off

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2016, 02:25:17 PM

Grid's tail, removed bulkiness from all predators and Scar's face.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: georgeromero on May 04, 2016, 05:00:37 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 04, 2016, 02:25:17 PM

Grid's tail, removed bulkiness from all predators and Scar's face.

So... Improving a shitty design is a bad thing? lol

Grid's tail is easy. just snip it off, slap some green paint.

georgeromero

georgeromero

And where the hell did I mention that improving or improvising is a bad thing? I just stated the obvious. If Neca could get away with non screen accurate figures based off films they could make the same happen with Kenner stuff.

As for Grid's tail I think you are wrong. Not everyone has the necessary skills to do custom figures. Besides why should we do their job? We pay for Grid alien not some random Alien loosely based on Grid. I guess they will remake the same figure again. With more accuracy. But you should already know about Neca's cloning variations.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: georgeromero on May 04, 2016, 06:27:25 PMAs for Grid's tail I think you are wrong. Not everyone has the necessary skills to do customs, besides why should we do their job? We pay for Grid alien not some random Alien loosely based on Grid. I guesd they will remake the same figure again. With more accuracy. But you should already know about Neca's milking process.
Agreed, "Grid" was a very simple repaint, why couldn't they have modified the tail to have the wound Grid had in the movie? it wouldn't have been hard or that costly for Neca to do.

lightsyder

lightsyder

An accurate Grid is supposed to come in a 2-pack with a battle damaged predator

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: lightsyder on May 04, 2016, 06:46:46 PM
That's just wrong.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: lightsyder on May 04, 2016, 06:46:46 PM

That's why I blame Neca.
When I just started collecting I made a huge mistake of buying 5 different variants of Wolf now I can't justify buying the same figure over and over unless there are huge visible differences between these figures. As for 2 pack it will be a slightly modified version of Celtic vs Grid. I know I can shut the hell up and not buy but Instead I'd voice my opinion cause I'm paying money for these figures.

Back to Kenner Aliens wouldn't it be cool to have this Bat Alien by Neca?

g2vd

g2vd

You say that like the idea of a flying Xenomorph would not be a awesome idea by default.

georgeromero

georgeromero

On the contrary I dig it more than Albino Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed