NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 90,283 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I can say I wont get it, but I probably will be at some point. I have enough extra Pred stuff that I could cobble together something interesting with it.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 23, 2019, 06:12:38 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 23, 2019, 12:52:43 PM
Yeah, yesterday he said he hopes the retailers put it between $50 and $60.  :-\ It's like between 11 and 12 inches tall, comes with two heads (open and closed mouth), two sets of hands (closed, open), removable blade and the little wrist plasma gun, as far as I know.
The price does hurt a bit, if they're going that rout, they better be careful about QC.

BBTS just listed their preorder, it's $50.
Holy crap... it's a must have but twice the cost... regulars went from €17,50 to €32,50 in ten years... this nearing 70 is nuts...

Samhain13

Samhain13

You guys have it easy, those figures are much more expensive in South America. This one will go over the equivalent of 100+ dollars here.

Thankfully I got no interest on this one. I will wait for Wolf Ultimate.

CelticP

CelticP

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 23, 2019, 06:12:38 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 23, 2019, 12:52:43 PM
Yeah, yesterday he said he hopes the retailers put it between $50 and $60.  :-\ It's like between 11 and 12 inches tall, comes with two heads (open and closed mouth), two sets of hands (closed, open), removable blade and the little wrist plasma gun, as far as I know.
The price does hurt a bit, if they're going that rout, they better be careful about QC.

BBTS just listed their preorder, it's $50.

Yeah, no thanks lol.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Am I the only one that doesn't think 53 dollars for the Assassin Predator is that terrible? Like the Queen was 80 to 100 bucks in store and had less accessories. At least with Assassin Predator we are getting two heads, extra hands and blades. All for a 12 inch detailed figure on Scale with the other figures. It's not really that bad of a price. Hell I think the Alien 3 creature pack is the only over priced pack that Necas announced.

Predwars24

Predwars24

Everyone's complaining that the Upgrade is $50 bucks? I feel like everyone should've expected this, especially considering that NECA stuff has always almost been $30 a figure, and that's just for a seven inch figure. So for twenty bucks more, and almost a whole foot tall, I understand the price range and am willing to pay it.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Some of the pacific rim ones slso where up to 65 here in the netherlands, regular price was about 24 back then...

Still Collating...

Damn it. When the Upgrade wasn't revealed yet and NECA solicited the Deluxe predator before the reveal, I preordered it expecting it to be the Upgrade of course. But now that the Emissary and Upgrade had been revealed, my worst fears have become a reality. My order was changed/revealed to be the stupid Emissary I sure as hell don't want. Which makes no sense since he's not Deluxe at all and the Upgrade clearly is. I hope I can sort this out without having to pay extra for this mix up.

CelticP

CelticP

Emessiary is deluxe, so was the Fugitive.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

I think not everyone understands when NECA uses the classification of ULTIMATE and DELUXE.  B/c they are different.

ULTIMATE:

• Multiple Accessories
  • Multiple Heads
  • Multiple Weapons
  • Multiple Hands
  • 5 Panel Window Box Packaging
Example: Every Pennywise has been Ultimate

DELUXE:

• Oversized Figure but in Scale
  • Special Packaging
Example: Kenner Homage Clan Leader, Aliens Queen, Ripley Rescues Newt

I think it can be a big difference and easy to distinguish for some or a small difference and confusing to others.  Either way that's the best down n dirty road map for their verbiage.

Still Collating...

But the beginning solicitations were for an Ultimate (Fugitive) and a Deluxe predator. That's it. Most were expecting the Deluxe to be Upgrade because of the oversize thing. And Upgrade was even revealed before Emissary, so I don't think Neca did a good job on making it clear what figure was what.
Still, I canceled the wrong preorder and preordered the Upgrade now instead, I was lucky to find out in time.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Golden Angel ships this week.
My poor wallet...gotta grab multiples of him...

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Golden Angel, Fugitive, Bad blood and enforcer, Broken Tusk and Machiko, Predator line alone would set me back 200...

Dear lord...

CelticP

CelticP

Ah yeah, Ultimate and Deluxe are slightly different, although honestly pretty much the same at this point. But yeah, there's a difference.

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jan 25, 2019, 12:32:42 AM
Everyone's complaining that the Upgrade is $50 bucks? I feel like everyone should've expected this, especially considering that NECA stuff has always almost been $30 a figure, and that's just for a seven inch figure. So for twenty bucks more, and almost a whole foot tall, I understand the price range and am willing to pay it.

I get it too, but the character is lame and if it was cheaper I'd consider it because it's not a bad looking sculpt. Just not worth 50 bucks to me. I don't think anyone's even getting mad about it. It's fine.

Mister Skeezler

I'm hoping NECA revisits some of the lost tribe in ultimate format. I'd really like the Elder with the updated body.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed