New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,151 times)

PredatorDragon

PredatorDragon

@Saint Sinner Have you seen the making of P2. They stated  he was a younger Predator, faster.  If not, try to find it and watchit. "Besides, the first Predator spent the majority of the film simply picking off his targets in the distance using sniping tactics. I don't think he was honorable at all.  Also hunting on your own appears to be more worthy than coming to this planet with others whether for aliens or humans. " Oh and you forgot the 1st boy killed the 1st of dutch's boys not sniping. Hey there are a few that die very front on. You better watch the movie again man .Try watching both together and studying the hunting method. There is a big difference!!!!  Soldier boys will always be the ultimate Human prey. Who else maybe ninjas or parking inspectors hmmmmmmm.   Seeing that most of the Predators in AvP are young maybe hunting Aliens is not the ultimate. Humans have vast tech hardware and large array of weapons.  Going to a planet on your own is tough man. Not with any buddies does not help. You dont have anyone carrying you away:)  @Melmac Didn't the start of P2 with see heat vision moving very fast as thouhg we are in a ship?  Anyone noticed the queen picture in the trailer?

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

"Have you seen the making of P2. They stated he was a younger Predator, faster. If not, try to find it and watchit."   What'd any of this have to do with the P2 Predator being younger? Of course I knew that. But you're speculating when you begin telling me the first Predator is older, wiser, more honorable, or what have you. None of that was ever explained, so it's up to the imagination.  "Also hunting on your own appears to be more worthy than coming to this planet with others whether for aliens or humans."  It "appears" that way, but then again, that's YOUR analysis. We'll see how "worthy" a small group hunt is compared to a lone hunt in August. I doubt the Predators found themselves in more danger in any of their other movies compared to what AVP will be.  "Oh and you forgot the 1st boy killed the 1st of dutch's boys not sniping. Hey there are a few that die very front on. You better watch the movie again man .Try watching both together and studying the hunting method. There is a big difference!!!!"  The hunts are dangerous and pose a huge risk to the Predator, nobody denies it, but like I said, the first Predator spent the "majority" of the movie using those tactics, I didn't say that was all he did. And I haven't brought the Predator from P2 into it.   "Soldier boys will always be the ultimate Human prey. Who else maybe ninjas or parking inspectors hmmmmmmm."  Ha, ha. ;)  "Seeing that most of the Predators in AvP are young maybe hunting Aliens is not the ultimate. Humans have vast tech hardware and large array of weapons. Going to a planet on your own is tough man. Not with any buddies does not help."  Humans do have technology and enough weapons to take care of some Predators, but Predators would destroy a human in un-armed 1 on 1 combat. There's a scene that's already been described in AVP where a Predator takes on an Alien in a fight. They are the ultimate prey, as Predator is the ultimate hunter. (I know that's a tagline) What's the challenge in slowly picking off armed humans in the distance? Their weapons suddenly aren't so useful when they can't spot a Pred. An Alien is basically a living weapon that, if not contained in the pyramid like they are, have the ability of multiplying rapidly and wiping out mankind.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

im back indeed to set some things Straight!!!! lol just joking!    ;D     firstly, i agree with growler, dont dump on the comics they are the reason for the films existance. sure the prospect was hinted at in Predator 2 but the franchise continued with the comics, bringing new ideas to the tables, and in more ways than many would know, alot of the comic ideas have been ambiguously intergrated into the movie.  Psycomorph- the WHOLE predator existance is built upon honour and pride, just because you dont wan to believe it doesnt make it untrue, you seem to implement the idea that Predators kill for joy, when this is in complete and utter contrast to ALL novelisations or publications about predator, ie, comics, novels and even the movies. if the predator killed for "the joy" as you put it, then why didnt he kill the unarmed anna in predator, also another example, we see that they arent mindless killers is in predator 2 when the predator doesnt kill the boy in the graveyard, even after noting that he had a hand held weapon, BUT even still the Predator analyised the gun to see if it was real because there would be no HONOUR in killing a young helpless boy.. you just buy the idea, which is a pity, because if we all thought the way you did, Predator would just be another movie, that had no way for the audience to relate to it, and thus would not be as successful. the whole concept that attracted audiences was the idea of an alian that was part human,(in the mind) and that we could at least empatize with the creature in the end.... open your mind my friend.  Aliminator, i hear your only 16, i say fair play, i think if you worked on your idea for Predator 3 you could come up with a pretty cool storyline there, keep trying pal, and dont let anyone put you down.  finally, MELMAC- where in the holy heavens did you get that nifty little idea about predator 1?? everything you said about predator1 is completely inaccurate.im a ahrdcore fan of predator and ive never even heard of some of the stuff you managed to conjure.  -the featurette is fantastic, they look like they are doing good work. im not keen on the length of the wrist blades, but we'll see how things develop.  take care all! ill be back  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat..........-real pred

Aliminator

Aliminator

LOL, WHICH OF YOU THINK IT'S GONNA BE MORE POPULAR, AVP OR HELLBOY???

Bringer if Death

Bringer if Death

Depends, Hellboy will be seen by the more younger crowds and hopefuly AVP WILL be rated R so that leaves people over 18 to view it.Now whether that effects the popularity of the film I could care less but what i do care about is if the movie is getting a rated 'R' rating wich I pray it does for the franchises sake and ours.I do believe that this movie WILL be THE SUMMER Blockbuster its suposed to be and will collect the skulls of all the other competition it gets.   ;D     ;D  

BobCat

BobCat

STOP GIVING AWAY THE STORYLINE!!!! I WANT THE AVP MOVIE TO BE SHOCKING WHEN  I SEE IT!!!

Joe

Joe

I'm a big predator fan, and they def. have a code of honor that they follow, its common knowlege. I kinda think of them as samurai like following a code like bushido....anyway the predator rocks, and the alien is cool too. By the way if the background story of the original predator movie is as melmac claims then why did the pred kill jim hopper and his crew b4 they could even prove their worth.

Growler

Growler

Here's a fun tip. Go do a search on "Alien vs Predator R P-13" and see how many links put a PG-13 next to the AVP title and how many put an R.  I came across one article that talks about the majority of movies being made this year shooting for a PG-13 rating. The most interesting part of the article is this:    "Anyone who watches movies knows that what passes for a PG-13 movie these days likely would have been rated R just a few years ago. Just as soon as the FTC clamped down on marketing R-rated movies, the PG-13 rating almost simultaneously expanded to allow for more violence and even a little more sex, studio executives say.  Even with close-up battle scenes, each of the three "Lord of the Rings" movies was rated PG-13, and despite a barrage of double-entendres, every "Austin Powers" film was, as well. Although it, too, is rated PG-13, "Secret Window" includes a screwdriver jammed into (and extracted from) a human head, then stabbed into a leg."    Here's the rest of the Article.  http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/living/8357977.htm

damn, my bad.  That's run a search for "Alien vs Predator R PG-13" not the P-13.  typical error, so cut my head off with a throwing disk will ya?

izzet

izzet

In reply to Bringer of death, i completley agree with what you have said, i actually meant to put down the Alien is the perfect organism matched only by it's own hostility (as stated by Ash). And you are right in saying the Alien does not multiply in seconds, even though with the right amount of hosts it's reproductive rate is preety fast, Just look at Aliens and what they did to them colonists. Probaly the point im trying to make is weather a Predator could kill an Alien with it's bare fists, instead of using all it's fancy technology, then again they were intelligent enough to come up with them.

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Written by THE REAL PREDATOR: "Psycomorph- the WHOLE predator existance is built upon honour and pride, just because you dont wan to believe it doesnt make it untrue, you seem to implement the idea that Predators kill for joy, when this is in complete and utter contrast to ALL novelisations or publications about predator, ie, comics, novels and even the movies. if the predator killed for "the joy" as you put it, then why didnt he kill the unarmed anna in predator, also another example, we see that they arent mindless killers is in predator 2 when the predator doesnt kill the boy in the graveyard, even after noting that he had a hand held weapon, BUT even still the Predator analyised the gun to see if it was real because there would be no HONOUR in killing a young helpless boy.. you just buy the idea, which is a pity, because if we all thought the way you did, Predator would just be another movie, that had no way for the audience to relate to it, and thus would not be as successful. the whole concept that attracted audiences was the idea of an alian that was part human,(in the mind) and that we could at least empatize with the creature in the end.... open your mind my friend."    Well in the first movie trailer they said "It comes for the thrill of the hunt". If you see the first pred, he uses his shouldercannon the most, because it is his primal hunting weapon and it is not "unhonorable". and don

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

psychomorph!- in all fairness, everything youve said can just as easily be said to justify the opposition to your argument, i appreciate that you havent replied to my comment in an attacking way and that you didnt take it up wrong by thinking that i wish to wage war upon you. but, it is all about honour, sure i agree with you that they derive EXTREME pleasure from the kills, no-ones debating that, the question is whether or not the predators attain an honour, and its as joe said above, is blatent "common knowledge" that they do.  you can go on and on in saying that there was no "fun" in killing a boy or in killing a pregnant woman, but i can just as easily say that there is no honour in it, so if you really think about it ya really havent furthered your previous statement in any way?!?! im all for people giving their opinions, and if you wish to believe that the predators really dont uphold any "honour" in what they do, then thats your own choice ya know, i aint gona ramb it down your throat, its just a commonly and well known FACT that the predators not only hunt for the joy and glory but with it comes the attachment of honour, and there is no joy in an unhonourable hunt, THAT IS the very apex of what we're talking about here.  -lets say what you propose is true then why, if a predator is injured do they end their own lives when unable to continue the hunt?-it surely isnt because at the end, they are thinking to themselves "oh well, now that im mamed to within an inch of my life, theres no fun in the hunt" - its simply because there is no HONOUR in, to them what would be a meaningless existance-its similar to the klingons in star trek. also, the samurai build their culture and fighting style around honour, and guess what, the predator concept was modelled on the samurai and ancient japenese warriors.-the physicality of such parallels is, to a degree, seen in the weapons of the predator.-which on SOME occasions are also modelled on samurai.-even taking the new film for example- the new throwing disk remarkably resembles the old chinese death stars..  i feel ive made my point, but i think to say that the predators dont have honour, is not only defying the logic of all that has been publicised and novelised, aswell as an abundant common knowledge, but is also like saying that President Bush is an intelligent man.  anyway, take care my friend, and remember, peace in the comment rooms! lol     ;)    Forte Fortuna Adjuvat.............-real pred

Predboy

Predboy

You're kind of right Psycomorph, but still the predators do look more better, fiece, taller, and more alien like. Not the aliens from the movie.

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

I wrote: "P.S. in many ways predators are too humanlike in the movies."  Damn, I meant "in many ways predators are too humanlike in the COMICS".

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

???   whats all this talk about the dna from the space jocky the ,ship was carrying the eggs as weapons. he died from a chest burster yes  but the eggs was allready there, it was a bio war ship witch ridley scott wants to put in the next alien film...as for a v p iv been waiting over 10 years for this film and it wont be crap(suck to the americans) anderson knows his stuff look at eventhorizen long live a v p   ;D     ;D 

Izzet

Izzet

Just for anyone that thinks the predator is a better designed creature than the Alien, Look in Empire magazine wheir the Alien was voted 3rd best monster in the movies, while Predator did'nt make the top ten... (I think the predators cool by the way but im i the only fan rooting for the Alien in this movie!??)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed