Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 74,376 times)

Son Of Kane

Nope, everything about them is excellent in its presentation.

Continue to be butthurt about your Space Elephants while I'll continue to appreciate both Giger's Space Jockey and the Engineers. ^.^

RakaiThwei

True sequel to the first two movies he's clarified, eh? If that isn't a blatant and clear enough standing that this is an alternative Alien 3, then I don't know what is!  :laugh: It's a now choose your own adventure!

Vrastal

The title reveals too much? A title should reveal anything..

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 21, 2015, 06:34:43 PM

I assume you mean the title shouldn't reveal anything?

Aliens in context with Alien means a lot, so I think your point is invalid.

CainsSon

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 21, 2015, 06:39:51 PM
Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 21, 2015, 06:34:43 PM

I assume you mean the title shouldn't reveal anything?

Aliens in context with Alien means a lot, so I think your point is invalid.

Alien: Ressurection pretty much summed up the story as well.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 21, 2015, 06:28:09 PM
Quite the contrary. They're laughable. The only things that could be called decent are the make-up appliances.

Continue to be butthurt about your Space Elephants while I'll continue to appreciate both Giger's Space Jockey and the Engineers. ^.^
Space Elephants over leucistic Vin Diesels anyday, mate.

Son Of Kane

No, I don't find anything about them laughable.

Have you watched the Prometheus Documentary?

It specifically details what classical figures they modelled the Engineers after, specifically, objectively they are not body builders or anything of the ilk as many Plebians have labelled them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 21, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Four times. Really represented how the project fell from the beginning -- with everything else being just the ensuing rock slide.

SuperM

A L () E N S:
THE ALIENING

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 21, 2015, 07:04:19 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 21, 2015, 07:00:38 PM
Four times. Really represented how the project fell from the beginning -- with everything else being just the ensuing rock slide.

Apart from Lindelof's involvement and a few things edited out (First contact, Engineer speaking, scene with Vickers and Janek)
I really just have to disagree.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Omegazilla on Mar 21, 2015, 06:57:11 PM
Quite the contrary. They're laughable. The only things that could be called decent are the make-up appliances.

Space Elephants over leucistic Vin Diesels anyday, mate.

You really have no background in art history. They're playing on Gustave Dore and William Blake. There's nothing interesting about Lovecraft von 90's John Carpenter Elephants on Parade

darcevil

Well this is disappointing. Looks like Alien 5 might have gotten a jab in the ribs so Prometheus 2 wouldn't be made irrelevant. If a cool concept got scraped and we get Engineers in A5 I'm going to walk out of the theatre. Ridley Scott cares more about a pretty looking movie than a good one, and I hope Blomkamp leaves space jockey's out of the movie all together and focus solely on the xenos.

locusta

When it at least means NO Weaver in a Jockey suit thingy, then good. Else, I still haven´t wrapped my mind around that idea of a fifth movie by now.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: darcevil on Mar 21, 2015, 09:08:34 PM
Well this is disappointing. Looks like Alien 5 might have gotten a jab in the ribs so Prometheus 2 wouldn't be made irrelevant. If a cool concept got scraped and we get Engineers in A5 I'm going to walk out of the theatre. Ridley Scott cares more about a pretty looking movie than a good one, and I hope Blomkamp leaves space jockey's out of the movie all together and focus solely on the xenos.

There is only so much you can do with the attitude of treating the Alien as simply a Movie Monster.

Gash

l

Alien: Ripley has a bright idea and joins the olympic speed cycling team.

To me this looks laughable, not the Engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed