Prometheus SFX Magazine Scans

Started by ikarop, May 04, 2012, 12:05:59 PM

Author
Prometheus SFX Magazine Scans (Read 11,461 times)

ikarop

ikarop

There’s a new Prometheus article in the latest issue of SFX magazine. The feature includes several interviews with the director, writer and cast of the film. Click the image below for more:

Thanks to seeasea for the scans.

ThisBethesdaSea

Neat....not gonna read it....I think I know all I need to know at this point.

Zeta Reticuli

Quotein space noone can see that you have a silly haircut
:laugh:

IMO he looks badass though. haters gonna hate.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on May 04, 2012, 12:16:06 PM

Quotein space noone can see that you have a silly haircut
:laugh:

IMO he looks badass though. haters gonna hate.

Seems to me like a guy to whom you say "Hello!" and he will make you piss blood.

ThisBethesdaSea

I think he looks pretty badass too. It was a specific design choice, and they chose well.

Xenomorphine

If that timeline is in any way based on some sort of leaked script information, the canon is screwed up... The Colonial Marines are not company assets. That was the whole point of Ripley's confrontation with Burke in the APC.

Also continue to be confused by the whole it's-not-canon-but-it-also-is quote frustration.

bcloyal

bcloyal

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 04, 2012, 10:15:28 PM
If that timeline is in any way based on some sort of leaked script information, the canon is screwed up... The Colonial Marines are not company assets. That was the whole point of Ripley's confrontation with Burke in the APC.

Also continue to be confused by the whole it's-not-canon-but-it-also-is quote frustration.

First post ...

Ridley , Damon and co. are saying that Prometheus is in the same Universe as Alien but will not lead straight into that film , or therefore any of the other movies.

They have spoken of potential sequels that will lead further away from Alien itself - but like Prometheus any followup films will need to be cut from the same cloth as the original movie because of the presence of Weyland Corp etc.

So when the question of canon raises it's head , and there is a clear link , I can only come to the conclusion that Prometheus is in fact a Reboot of the original franchise.

ThisBethesdaSea

It's a total reboot, which is fine...it's not a remake however. Important distinction. :)

Xenomorphine

None of that alters the fact it'll contradict 'Aliens' if Weyland's responsible for the Colonial Marines. :)

And, really, I'd regard it as a cliché too far if they ever did try to portray that. It's already a bit dodgy that they're apparently showing power loaders and proto-pulse rifles as being invented by Weyland. The whole point of capitalism is that there's corporate diversity and competition. Right now, it's starting to look like they're the only company in existence on the planet.

Valaquen

Valaquen

There are only around 5 parent companies that run the entire food industry. Weyland could very well be a parent company, a 'capitalist octopus' that owns many other businesses and companies. No problem with them making a powerloader or having military contracts. Being responsible for the Colonial Marines though ... they're trying too hard to connect the dots.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

The viral material is a cluster-f**k. In trying to flesh out the universe they have only served to trivialized it. f**k us for actually caring about it. Assholes.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Valaquen on May 05, 2012, 12:55:02 PM
Being responsible for the Colonial Marines though ... they're trying too hard to connect the dots.

Agreed.  They are making the universe smaller by trying to incorporate everything for the sake of fan service.  Lucas did this way too much in the SW prequels.  We don't need it here.

bobcunk

bobcunk

couldn't Weyland Corp have rented out the marines or something. And  picture it like a super mega comanay that owns and runs almost everything.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: bobcunk on May 05, 2012, 03:36:06 PM

couldn't Weyland Corp have rented out the marines or something. And  picture it like a super mega comanay that owns and runs almost everything.

I think Ridley's vision of "The Company" was definitely more of a Big Brother style mega corp that owns practically everything.  Employees are paid in company shares as opposed to money.  Everyone seems to live in the shadow of The Company.

Cameron seemed to depower The Company.  He made them answerable to other authorities such as the ICC and Colonial Administration.  They did not appear as all powerful in the sequel.  Even the motives for the corporate agenda were driven by a single man's greed, Burke.  There was no sense of an omniscient and coldly calculating mega corporation here.

Look into my eye

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 04, 2012, 12:08:20 PM
Neat....not gonna read it....I think I know all I need to know at this point.

Yeah, me too - anymore will be too much for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed