The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,853 times)

Russ840

That's awesome. Will you  be able to post your review when ready or is there an embargo?

Corporal Hicks

None mentioned to me so should be fine when I'm ready. Be next week some time in that case.

felix

Really looking forward to it!

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2018, 01:56:28 PM
None mentioned to me so should be fine when I'm ready. Be next week some time in that case.

Excellent. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Are you going to be doing a podcast regarding the latest The Predator trailer any time soon ?   ;D

Wweyland

Did you just order it or was this an advance copy for AvP Galaxy? Will do some catch up with older novels first but will get this soon.

Corporal Hicks

Are you going to be doing a podcast regarding the latest The Predator trailer any time soon ?   ;D

Next episode actually.  :)

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 14, 2018, 04:05:31 PM
Did you just order it or was this an advance copy for AvP Galaxy? Will do some catch up with older novels first but will get this soon.

Advanced copy. Release is the end of the month.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2018, 11:12:26 AM
Got my review copy this morning -

Perks of the job!!!

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2018, 08:55:37 PM

Next episode actually.  :)

Awesome

Corporal Hicks

Will get a proper review written up this week but I just finished it. In short, another solid Predator novel. Not my favourite but still really enjoyable.

Spoiler
Some really enjoyable world-building and some character stuff I always like seeing played with (PTSD). It did sort of shift gears a bit towards the middle and we started to get randomers who felt like they should have been introduced well well before. It course corrects soon enough though.

The Predator was brutal. He took a f**king beating and he gave a f**king beating. I did have one fan/lore complaint with him though. Some pretty cool imagery. While I enjoyed the Reapers, would have enjoyed some more time with the movie characters, Keyes in particular.
[close]

All in all a good book. Should get us all in the mood for The Predator quite nicely.

Ultramorph

Oooh,
Spoiler
Keyes is in this? Consider me excited!
[close]

happypred

Hicks, where's your avatar from?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Jul 17, 2018, 02:33:38 AM
Hicks, where's your avatar from?

Cover art for Predator: Hunters 2

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 16, 2018, 08:01:40 PM
Oooh,
Spoiler
Keyes is in this? Consider me excited!
[close]

Very very briefly, unfortunately.

Wweyland

Any references to the AvP movies?

Corporal Hicks

Nope. Nothing. Only really references P1 and 2.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2018, 01:20:01 PM
Nope. Nothing. Only really references P1 and 2.

Can't wait to read the review. Is there any specific mention of Dutch and Harrigan in the p1 and 2 references? Or is it merely combat tactics and biological information?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed