James Cameron Talks 'Prometheus' (And Other Stuff)

Started by Xenomorphine, Apr 13, 2014, 01:45:54 AM

Author
James Cameron Talks 'Prometheus' (And Other Stuff) (Read 11,574 times)

Jarac

Sounds like Cameron was disappointed that they went ahead with AVP instead of trying with Alien 5. In frustration, he decided to focus on Avatar, while Ridley decided to focus on his other projects since Cameron became disillusioned, and the rest is history.

Ash 937

Maybe some of the ideas that Cameron and Ridley discussed for their aborted Alien 5 project will make it into the sequel for Prometheus.  I read that Prometheus 2 is suppose to be more Alien-like than the original film...which is a good thing imo.

acrediblesource

Best moves in the industry are to move away from adding too many more numbers in front of the title of the movie.
Alien 5 would be a joke in front of such a big name as James Cameron.Even if it were written well, he'd move to change the name of the film altogether to something like (i don't know) Prometheus.
It's the media thats at fault because once cut throat journalists have a title called Alien 5, they will take it to the slaughterhouse and rip it to shreds.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 20, 2014, 04:27:37 PM
Best moves in the industry are to move away from adding too many more numbers in front of the title of the movie.
Alien 5 would be a joke in front of such a big name as James Cameron.Even if it were written well, he'd move to change the name of the film altogether to something like (i don't know) Prometheus.
It's the media thats at fault because once cut throat journalists have a title called Alien 5, they will take it to the slaughterhouse and rip it to shreds.

Why? Purely because there might have been a '5' in the title? I don't think people would have been that petty.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, they'll probably have lots of headlines similar to The Beast With Five Fingers if an Alien 5 title gets used

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed