First DLC of 2022 is Wolf

Started by RidgeTop, Mar 03, 2022, 09:22:12 PM

Author
First DLC of 2022 is Wolf (Read 10,695 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 03, 2022, 09:50:48 PM
Also. netting is missing and one of the eyes isn't blind.

Yeah, I noticed that too !

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 04, 2022, 01:45:37 AM
Also holy SHIT is Wolf off model. The mask specifically needs to be squished in the middle and pulled down if that makes sense. The "mouth plate" does have a flat section at the top and the bottom needs to be brought up more.

And in turn Wolf himself looks like he's wearing a mediocre cosplay version of his own armor. Seriously why are his gauntlets so damn big?

Honestly as has been pointed out this mask looks more accurate to the shape:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good God that looks pretty awful.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

ElitistSolid from the Discord group did a quick reshape of the mask and also enlarged the caster, it looks more accurate:

In game:

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm genuinely impressed they botched the mask so badly. The face I understand, but the mask is pretty bad. I understand Requiem is dark, but Wolf merchandise has been floating around for over a decade + since. I own the damn artbook and even then Wolf's helmet is plastered on the front of the DVD. None of them bothered to look to Hot Toys, Titan's usage of Wolf on the book covers, or the Sideshow mask, how Rebellion did their Wolf (the people who even did the tie-in game no less), or even Neca. I'm not expecting it to be perfect but there's little excuse for them to be off model so much here. And yeah, the full armor doesn't look great but Wolf's mask is a huge turn off and that's pretty much the only new content here beyond dreads.

And really whoever was in charge of approvals needs to get ones collective shit together. The Super Predators looked bad, they didn't get Captured right in the slightest, and now Wolf. Like it can't be just Illfonic. Someone had to have been in charge of approving this at Fox.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Finally.

Finally everyone can begin to understand my pain I was experiencing a year and a half ago with the City Ducker (aka Ducky Hunter).

Now regarding Wolf, my strict policy towards that DLC is - no whip / no buy.

(Who am I kidding, of course I bought it.)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 04, 2022, 02:14:03 PM
Finally.

Finally everyone can begin to understand my pain I was experiencing a year and a half ago with the City Ducker (aka Ducky Hunter).

Given the blu-ray cover I really should've taken it as a sign they'd screw the mask up. The blu-ray was warning us the whole time.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 04, 2022, 11:50:59 PM
Finally.

Given the blu-ray cover I really should've taken it as a sign they'd screw the mask up. The blu-ray was warning us the whole time.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51vuncZTWrL.jpg

Hah, very true!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Finally.

I thought you might get some karmic satisfaction from this.

But yeah, back then I agreed that the City Hunter could've used some mask tweaks but I didn't see it as a big deal. What I failed to realize is that when you have a favorite Predator, even small variations can seem quite off. I have more sympathy in regards to City Ducker now.

Kradan

Kradan

City Hunter is my favourite as well ! Maybe my memory is failing me but I don't think CH looked as off while with Wolf I thought right away "Ok, something is wrong here"

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah overall City Hunter looks a lot better than Wolf. It was really only the bottom of the mask that looked really "off" with him, but with Wolf it's the mask, the colour, the lack of netting, one of the eyes not being white, the scarring looking very minimal etc. Definitely a lot more annoying little inaccuracies here, for sure.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Captured and Wolf particularly annoy me. They literally didn't even try to get Captured right but Wolf looks like an attempt was at least made. I'm kind of worried now they're gonna botch Celtic. Who is approving this stuff? You'd think someone in the process would've stopped this or at least had gotten them some outsourced help.

Kailem

Kailem

I also encountered a bug last night when Wolf's wristblades just wouldn't do any damage whatsoever, as well as the icons for jumping to trees disappearing for a while. And checking on Illfonic's forums, apparently I'm not the only one who's run into that problem.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 05, 2022, 04:26:38 PM
I also encountered a bug last night when Wolf's wristblades just wouldn't do any damage whatsoever, as well as the icons for jumping to trees disappearing for a while. And checking on Illfonic's forums, apparently I'm not the only one who's run into that problem.

Yep, having the same issue myself.

Kailem

Kailem

ILLFONIIIIIIC!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed