What future campaign(s) do you want?

Started by Inverse Effect, Sep 23, 2021, 01:28:54 AM

Author
What future campaign(s) do you want? (Read 10,905 times)

Inverse Effect

Okay, i think an obvious one for me would be for me

Would be an Alien 3 style Led Works campaign with the corridors and whatnot. (AVP2 Had a Map like this)

acrediblesource

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 23, 2021, 01:28:54 AM
Okay, i think an obvious one for me would be for me

Would be an Alien 3 style Led Works campaign with the corridors and whatnot. (AVP2 Had a Map like this)

This could work, but ....you know theey said no go for movie adapted content. But there are TONS of one shot rooms in campaign one and two that they could make as side missions or strands of the main mission that could be similar to it.

If they opened up the game to side quests/ multi-character loadouts, we could have similar mission based stuff that might have objectives similar to that of alien3 but we will not get movie based stuff because, you know, ....they made their own universe man. they got to make us live it out.

PVTDukeMorrison

Definitely Pala station, maybe something involving a xeno-infested UPP cruiser, the jungle and hunting cabin from the book

426Buddy

Yeah I have a feeling we're going to get a Pala station campaign at some point. We better get to actually fight the queen this time though. Hopefully she'll still be on her egg sac. Would be a cool visual with these graphics.

Nukiemorph

Agreed. Need to see Pala Station.
*Fireteam Elite Spoiler*
Spoiler
End of the game seems to tease it.
[close]
*Infiltrator Spoiler*
Spoiler
Maybe the white alien from Infiltrator could have survived. I was hoping to fight that thing.
[close]

Infiltrator also teased the hunting lodge without paying it off in any way.

I just hope we see these things in some horde mode maps at the very least. The one Horde Mode map we have is called "Mission 1", so we're obviously going to get more of those.

Would be really cool to see Charybdis, but I know they're focused on their own narrative.

acrediblesource

Although we got to see the underside of the engineer ruins, we never really got to see the ruins from far away. Its underside was huge! I wonder if it resembled anything like the dome in covenant or the pyramids in Prometheus.

I think i'm down for anything that takes place on the planet and if its a different location cool. Pala Station is talked about mostly, so if we go there i wonder what its like as i haven't read the Infiltrator book yet.

I'm still hoping they do cinematic introductions to all the missions. I mean you can not do an Aliens game without a dropship or somekind of landing sequence.

Nukiemorph

I'm personally okay with the lack of cinematics... except for the ending.

Spoiler
We blow up a huge refinery and you can't even give us a 5-second clip of the explosion? It's so anticlimactic. Tension builds & builds until you escape and then... load screen and back to the calm Endeavor.
[close]

SpreadEagleBeagle

It would indeed be really cool if Pala Station has regions that look like the Fury 161 prison facility and lead works. We also need more hostile outdoor environments, and I could easily see the rocky and stormy kind of coastal environment seen in A3 on LV-895. I also hope we get to see the dog-catcher commandos from A3, albeit slightly more hi-tech of course. Dog-Catchers are already mentioned, so why not? That would be a perfect opportunity to introduce more electro-shock based weapons and maybe some kind of cryo spray/jet gun (cryo "flame"thrower if you will).

Wweyland

How about something short on the Endevour? A Horde Mode map or something.
Pala station is a given.

The Necronoir

I did find it odd that we didn't get a variation on the classic Aliens colony at any point in the game. As it stands, we have locations that are based on Alien and the two prequels, but none from the movie it actually takes its title from (unless you count the Endeavor). Hopefully a Pala station campaign would address that, and I'm all for some areas that are based on the look of the refinery in Alien 3 as well. Some parts of the Katanga replicate the style of Alien 3 and Resurrection, to an extent, particularly in 1-3.

Corporal Hicks

I'm expecting that when we do get Pala Station - and I hope it's one of any content update we get - that it'll be the Hadley's Hope kind of aesthetic. I'm expecting that to be one of the first ones we get, if we get any.

I'd also like to see some more Engineer-based locations, but I'd really like to see a more stronger narrative involved.

Wweyland

Fighting an Engineer would be cool, but would probably piss off some people as well.

426Buddy

I thought we would get an engineer and a queen boss in this game... but there was neither.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 28, 2021, 01:30:04 PM
I thought we would get an engineer and a queen boss in this game... but there was neither.

Aye!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 28, 2021, 08:17:25 AM
I'm expecting that when we do get Pala Station - and I hope it's one of any content update we get - that it'll be the Hadley's Hope kind of aesthetic. I'm expecting that to be one of the first ones we get, if we get any.

I hope so. Among my community I play with, never have I've seen friends quit playing so quickly after a game's launch. Actually, I say before all this, give us a random level generator Cold Iron! Drop everything and focus your team on it! It would make all the difference I think!

Corporal Hicks

Level maker for Horde mode would be fun!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed