Post picture of your Marine/ OC marine

Started by judge death, Aug 28, 2021, 11:17:41 PM

Author
Post picture of your Marine/ OC marine (Read 4,151 times)

judge death

I couldnt find anyone done a thread for this so I give it a go:
Post a picture of your marine or pictures and feel free to tell about your marine. Did you base the look on yourself or did you use random feature or is it based on a RPG charachter? Any cool modifications you want to show of?

I can start, my Marine: Iris Hill, Colonial marine private rank, gunnery class, she was created some years ago from a comission and made her to a marine charachter that I use for roleplaying since then and made a story and background and what not with her.
Tried to recreate her in the game, this is how far I got:

And here is a 3D picture of her, I comissioned some year ago which is how she should look like:

synapticflow

I wanted so bad to make a clone of Vasquez.  I find the character customization in the game to be way too lacking, but that's not the reason we're playing the game.
I'm pretty disappointed with the look of my marine.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: synapticflow on Sep 05, 2021, 02:37:43 AM
I wanted so bad to make a clone of Vasquez.  I find the character customization in the game to be way too lacking, but that's not the reason we're playing the game.

It's too early to get dissapointed. Expect some paid DLC with more customizations. Classic Pulse rifle a Hudson Skin and several other stuff that eventually will come up as add ons. Just give it some time.

Corporal Hicks

Fortunately RidgeTop took a snap of my Marine. Oooh rah.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: synapticflow on Sep 05, 2021, 02:37:43 AM

Yeah I did my best with what's available to make a custom Vasquez myself. I really believe Cold Iron should have offered something substantial like an Aliens character like Vasquez voiced by Jenette Goldstein as the pre-order bonus (like Illfonic did offering the Jungle Hunter Predator) versus just the bandana, etc. The pre-order, especially the Deluxe Edition is so flipping thin. Basically it's just buying DLC in advance with the hope you'll save money when all is said and done, and the hope you'll still be playing four seasons later.

But right now, I totally agree. The customization is disappointing right now. You can't even have some masculine with some feminine classes. The game can't handle it. It won't save. You have to modify your archetype each time you switch. And you can't put decals on your outfit? Wha? You can only twist and shrink them and hope you can get it to fit decently on your weapons? It's so poorly executed. Luckily, for me, this game's fun overshadows this to the degree I ultimately just raise my hands and say, whatever:)

Quote from: Griffith on Sep 06, 2021, 08:27:10 PM
It's too early to get dissapointed. Expect some paid DLC with more customizations. Classic Pulse rifle a Hudson Skin and several other stuff that eventually will come up as add ons. Just give it some time.

I'm sorry, but this is sum crazy talk right there! The man doesn't have to wait for 4 seasons of extra DLC before he can feel disappointed.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 07, 2021, 01:45:06 PM
You can't even have some masculine with some feminine classes. The game can't handle it. It won't save. You have to modify your archetype each time you switch.
This is the first I've heard of this issue. Which classes are considered feminine?

And you can't put decals on your outfit? Wha?
This is my biggest beef with the customization. The color and decal system that we have on the guns should definitely be on our outfits as well.

Kimarhi

The customization is likely to increase as the game gets some age on it. 

Of course if you play any sort of western rpg, then anything that doesn't have that level of customization feels pretty plain in comparison. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 08, 2021, 12:22:27 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 07, 2021, 01:45:06 PM
You can't even have some masculine with some feminine classes. The game can't handle it. It won't save. You have to modify your archetype each time you switch.
This is the first I've heard of this issue. Which classes are considered feminine?

No classes are considered feminine or masculine per say.

Instead of an option like pick your "SEX: Male or Female" you have the option to pick your "ARCHETYPE: Masculine or Feminine". Now say you want your Gunner & Tech class to be feminine and the remaining classes to have a masculine form. It won't individually save. All your classes save as only one or the other. You can't have a mix of masculine and feminine classes saved. It won't save.

Nukiemorph

Ah, I get you.

I can definitely see people wanting to make a different marine character for each class. That seems like it would be an easy feature to implement.

RidgeTop

And ready to deploy with SizzyBubbles:

judge death

That last picture was great, feels very natural and similair to real life posture :)
Nice pictures people :D

RedHood

Definition of a salty Marine.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

judge death

Nice one, gotta love that hair :D

Samhain13

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed