Mikey's Figure Photography

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jul 29, 2010, 04:47:14 AM

Author
Mikey's Figure Photography (Read 38,761 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Requiem28 on Oct 02, 2010, 09:35:42 PM
you shoud have done the photo art for the figure's package.  just like they did for AVP-R

That's actually something I'd like to do one day, or promotional photographs of the figures for the companies as well.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 02, 2010, 10:53:01 PM
These toys don't look like toys. This is amazing.

Exactly what I'm going for. Thank you. :]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Mikey on Oct 03, 2010, 05:25:15 AM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Oct 02, 2010, 09:35:42 PM
you shoud have done the photo art for the figure's package.  just like they did for AVP-R

That's actually something I'd like to do one day, or promotional photographs of the figures for the companies as well.

If you started now, you could probably send a sample portfolio to one such company saying you're looking for work or something.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 03, 2010, 05:44:49 AM
If you started now, you could probably send a sample portfolio to one such company saying you're looking for work or something.

I'm trying to redesign my website to make it easier to look through, instead of my facebook fan page.
I haven't actually thought of sending a portfolio off to the companies before. I am actually thinking of messaging NECA's twitter account and seeing if they know if they are looking for photographers. Who knows? Maybe I can get the hook up on free toys or something. Haha. I'd work for that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Good idea. I'd send some pictures first though to an official email, just to let them know you're serious and it would give you more credibility.

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, I think that is a really good idea. I will do that once I get my site up and running again. That way they have more to look at as well.

Mike’s Monsters

Here are some shots of the NECA Classic Predator. I thought I wasn't going to like the figure, but I love it.
Now the shots... I'm not so sure on... Let me know what you guys think... I don't know if I like them or not.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

The first is pure gold. The third is ok and the rest not so much.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm not liking the blur.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I love them Mikey but some of the blurs are unnecessary

SiL

SiL

I love how precise the focus is, but it does get a bit OTT for the last two.

Mike’s Monsters

Thanks guys! If you haven't noticed, I love playing with shallow depth of field... Or the blurring.
I can definitely see how the blurring gets out of hand on the last two, and I think those are the two I don't really like all that much.
I am starting to like the first one a bit more, I might use that one, and maybe the second one for my gallery.

If anyone is interested, my website is live again, it has almost all of my work on it.
www.bluesunsetdesign.com
I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts on it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I friggin' love the misc. photo gallery. Fast moving sky against a still forest is win.

Mike’s Monsters

Thanks! Those shots were from the yearly meteor shower at my old house over the summer, before I moved up to Seattle. Just long exposure. That's all! I love those shots too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Misc. portraits are nice too. Who's the college grad? ;)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 11, 2010, 11:11:56 PM
Misc. portraits are nice too. Who's the college grad? ;)

One of my best friends... Haha. She's taken. :D
Trust me, I'd be all over that if she wasn't. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed