Undeadite

It hasnt been confirmed.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shasvre

Star Trek Sequel Update

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/6of13/news/?a=22567

Producer Damon Lindelof recently stated that The Dark Knight will serve as inspiration to JJ Abrams Star Trek sequel, meaning that the story will go one step beyond the first movie, however, the tone will remain the same.

Lindelof: The bar is very very high for the sequel. We are looking at a movie like 'The Dark Knight' which actually went one step beyond 'Batman Begins.' It was really about something and at the same time was a superhero movie. We don't want to abandon all the things that made the first movie work - have it be fun and emotional, but we also want the movie to thematically resonate, so we are putting on our highfalutin hats.

When Star Trek producer Bryan Burk talked to TrekMovie about the Trek/Batman comparison he had this to say:

...our aspirations are for the [Star Trek sequel] to be even bigger and better than the first one. I don't mean that just in scope, I mean content and characters and emotionally.

Now UK's SFX magazine's 200th issue features an article about the Star Trek sequel that includes interviews with JJ Abrams, and co-writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Both Orci and Kurtzman contribute to the debate about who the villain or villains shall be for the sequel and that the choice will be based on what is right for the story and what the characters need.

The following are statements from SFX's feature...

Abrams: The universe that Roddenberry created was so vast. And so it's hard to say there's one particular thing that stands out as what the sequel must be. Which is on the one hand, a great opportunity. On the other hand it's the greatest challenge – where do you go? What do you focus on? But I'm incredibly excited about the prospects.

Kurtzman: Starting at a premise of what you want to see and then working a story around it is not how we do it. You have to start with what is the right story. And that if you can say "That's a story that Khan fits into", that's how you get to that. Not deciding on a menu list of items and then seeing if you can't string them all together.

Orci also pointed out that any villain will "reflect" the "new universe" they set up in the first movie. Orci also specifically discusses the Klingons as villains in SFX's feature.

Orci: Introducing a new villain in the sequel is tempting because we now have this incredible new sandbox to play in. On the other hand, some fans really want to see Klingons and it's hard not to listen to that. The trick is not to do something that's been seen before just because you think it will be a short cut to likeability.

Trekweb.com also quotes Orci from SFX's Star Trek feature: The audience is no longer asking 'Is everything going to be the same?' They know that it isn't, and our villain, be it a person or a sci-fi concept should reflect this new universe."

So far, it has been indicated that Captain Pike (or rather Ambassador Pike) will be featured in the sequel. Roberto Orci has confirmed that Montgomery Scott (Simon Pegg) will also return and will have a larger role in the sequel. Humour will still form a vital component of the sequel.

The full Star Trek feature can be found in SFX magazine, which is available in the UK. The untitled sequel to JJ Abram's Star Trek is set to beam into cinemas on June 29th, 2012.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Klingons in Star Trek 2?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=24406

Rumors abound that the Klingons will be showing up in the sequel to JJ Abrams' Star Trek, which hits theatres in summer 2012. In an interview with IGN, creature designer Neville Page addressed that possibility and discussed ridged forehead and non-ridged forehead Klingons.

On the latter issue, he says, "It's almost like treating it as if I were a Klingon designing the human race. How would I go about it? And then I think about it from the perspective of an alien looking at human beings: some are lighter in skin color and some are darker. But you would go, those people with their eyes with that flap of skin there and then those people who are really tall and sinewy. But there are different physiological ticks even in the Klingon world. Maybe they are all brown, but the ridges are the African ones, the fewer ridges are the Asian ones. I don't know, but I always feel the necessity to justify and rationalize even if I can't actually. It just gives me something to work from."

"My approach [in the sequel] would be to try and come up with something that's a unique look but is still a Klingon, obviously. Because I think if I did them really tall like say 9′ and instead of brown made them blue, I might get into a little trouble! But I would try think about them as real deal people — and I know other designers have — but really give them a history and a motivation. Understand why they're dressed the way they are. Understand their rationale for long hair and facial hair. Make sense of those physical features which they typically have, which are the ridged foreheads."

SM

SM

Think you'd be a on a loser by going with Khan.  Why try and top the best Trek film?  Klingons on the other hand would be good.

yeah, it's a shame they cut all the klingon stuff from the first movie, the deleted scenes with the klingons were epic.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 26, 2010, 09:52:37 AM
yeah, it's a shame they cut all the klingon stuff from the first movie, the deleted scenes with the klingons were epic.

Didn't Nero have more of a backstory as well?

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 26, 2010, 01:21:21 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 26, 2010, 09:52:37 AM

Didn't Nero have more of a backstory as well?

yeah a little bit, i think what happened was that when nero came out of the time fissure him and his crew were captured by the klingons or something, and he's interrogated.
they klingons looked awesome too. because abrams didn't know whether they would have lumpy heads or not, he just made them all wear helmets, that had the lumpy head bit engraved on it

here it is, although i could have sworn it was longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU0y63Kvds8

First Blood

First Blood

That was awesome.  :o

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 28, 2010, 04:33:27 PM
Star Trek: The Search for Spock 2

Have a cookie, sir.

If' I'm not mistaken the sequel would involve around the genetic superior super genius Khan, whose newly developed Genesis terraforming "weapon" is stolted by the Klingons, what makes him all full of rage cause they done blowed up his family; hilarity ensues. but then Abrams got all trilogitstic so no Khan.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Could This Be The First Teaser Image For Star Trek 2?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=24945

I have a friend who works in (removed for obvious reasons) and this image/poster came across his desk today. If I were a betting man, I'd say the image is for some sort of merchandising item, or for some group that needs to plan very far ahead. But I really don't know where it originates from. Hell, it could be an image from an upcoming Star Trek calendar.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Is it just me, or are the nacelles shorter there?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Where is the "2" in the title?

SM

SM

Sheesh, they can't even do a promo still without a f**king lens flare on it...

Shasvre

Shasvre

J.J. Abrams Talks About A Possible 3D Star Trek Sequel

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/bleedthefreak/news/?a=27992

Has Paramount asked you to consider doing the next Trek in 3-D?

Yup.

And?

I have nothing against 3-D in theory. But I've also never run to the movies because something's in 3-D. [As for Trek], as soon as I read the script, if it says, "Somebody pushes a weapon toward the camera in a menacing way," and we think, "That'd be better in 3-D!"... I dunno. What do you wanna see? 2-D or 3D?

I don't care.

I'm a big fan of whip pans, which is very hard to do in 3-D. You know, when I was in New York fifteen years ago, and I sort of had the flu, I remember turning the TV on. There were these kids in a very dark, kind of muddy movie that was on a local channel, talking about making out. Then you cut to them walking in the forest, and somebody had a paddleball, and they were doing it right to the camera. It was like this weird, experimental Fellini movie. I was like, "What the [frick] is this movie?" And it was Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D — without sex, violence, or 3-D! It was genius.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed