Questions for Scott, Fassbender, Waterston, McBride or Bichir?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 11, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Author
Questions for Scott, Fassbender, Waterston, McBride or Bichir? (Read 35,620 times)

BishopShouldGo

Predaker

Who better to ask such a question than AvPGalaxy.net;D

Probably won't get asked, but I'd like to know as well.

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 12, 2017, 07:07:22 PM

I don't mean for my comment to come off as arrogant. I just don't know how else to say it. I also wouldn't want to make Hicks feel uncomfortable in asking such a question. It's just something I've always wanted to know.
I understand what you are saying. I just have a feeling if that topic was even brought up, it would be brushed over pretty quickly

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 12, 2017, 06:22:44 PM
Yeah, it would be unpolished to bring up AvP. This is Sir Ridley Scott. Why would you nudge his elbow and say "Ayuck, what wood yer hypothetical AvP movie be dude?"

:laugh:

"Oi Guv', ye gonna be knocking out a couple of 'em AvP flicks, yeah?"

But don't worry, I think Hicks knows better. Or at least I hope so.  :P

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 12, 2017, 09:45:04 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 12, 2017, 07:07:22 PM

I don't mean for my comment to come off as arrogant. I just don't know how else to say it. I also wouldn't want to make Hicks feel uncomfortable in asking such a question. It's just something I've always wanted to know.
I understand what you are saying. I just have a feeling if that topic was even brought up, it would be brushed over pretty quickly

Probably.

Space_Dementia

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 11, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
So I'm going to be getting the opportunity to speak to Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride and Demian Bichir shortly after the premiere of Alien: Covenant!

I've already got some questions written up and I wont get too long with everyone but as usual, I wanted to give you all the chance to put across any questions you had. I'll try and pick at least one member submitted question for each person.

So fire away!

Wow... first off, how did you get this opportunity? I would have loved to have attended the premier in London...Ok the question, not sure if this has already been requested, Its for Mr Scott.

What inspired you to delve back into the Alien universe?

D. Compton Ambrose

Congrats, Cpl. Hicks!

I have a question for Ridley Scott; "Would you be interested in an Aliens show/serial based around the adventures of Hicks and Newt and the Aliens comic books?"

juxtapose

juxtapose

oooh  ooh  ooh. .i finally have one. .ask him if his ever had a look at alien isolation. . .or wheather his even aware of it. .and if so . .was it at all any inspiration . .even if only for creature design and ideas?. .and if he says what the f**k is alien isolation. .then u give him a copy and tell him to go check it out. . .oh and ask him to bring back jonesy In future installments. .ha ha

oh and ask him if vickers was a replacant and the likelyhood of her caracter ever returning in future installments. .if david can return as walter. . Then vickers can return as debbie. .or whatever. . .charlize theron could not get over what a phenomenon it was to work with him. .so she will be onboard. .and lets face it furiosa would be the perfect replacement for ripley!. . Not to mention her adoration towards fassbender. .their was huge chemistry during their promo's for prometheus. .

BishopShouldGo

I have a delicious, handcrafted question for Sir Ridley Scott. It would be a distinct privilege if it were to be asked and answered.

"Alien: Covenant is thrilling while also being cerebral, dealing with themes of mortality and creation. Is there a right balance of thrilling and cerebral and if so, is that balance difficult to maintain?"

One minute we're treated to Weyland having a dialogue with his synthetic son about creation, and the next moment an alien is bursting out of someone's back. Ridley was right in that featurette when he said this will have everything we want in an Alien movie. It's big, it's (supposedly) good, and it has aliens in it. Most of the other franchise entries only get 2 out of those 3. Prometheus was big and good, but no aliens. Alien and Aliens were good and had aliens, but weren't big, etc.

426Buddy

426Buddy

For Ridley

Are these Alien prequel films progressing toward a more Giger inspired biomechanical look like the '79 film or is that going to be left in the past?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 13, 2017, 01:45:43 AM
For Ridley

Are these Alien prequel films progressing toward a more Giger inspired biomechanical look like the '79 film or is that going to be left in the past?
This^
Giger inquiry is a must

I'd like to know Danny Mcbride's approach to the role. Did he plan on bringing some humor or opt for a a serious performance from the start

BishopShouldGo

Well it's not really a must since they've actually said that was the plan.

And Danny said he read the script expecting to be the comic relief but that there was no comedy in the script. It was a dark horror film.

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 14, 2017, 07:56:23 PM
Well it's not really a must since they've actually said that was the plan.

I've not heard anything from Ridley or the writers regarding this, do you have a quote from someone involved in the story making process?

razeak

I think a good question would be is if there is room in the Alien release schedule for Neil Blomkamp's idea?

Are we going to move away from the fleshy aliens to the more original look?

What does he think of the fan theory that he is the Jockey in 1979 Alien? At least tell him that has bounced about a bit lol.

SpeedyMaxx

Ridley's I Am Legend is discussed at length in David Hughes' The Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Never Made, a solid book which is likely out of date on some projects that have since come to fruition in one way or another. He had a gorgeous vision in mind but it didn't happen.

I think the script he was working from has long since leaked, but I've never read it all the way through. I've had the Arnold/Paul Verhoeven Crusade script sitting here forever too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed