Mikey's Figure Photography

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jul 29, 2010, 04:47:14 AM

Author
Mikey's Figure Photography (Read 38,278 times)

Mike’s Monsters

So, I haven't had time to do much figure photography... But I had an assignment in class come up that could use some figures. I had to have a hierarchy in a photo. So, someone who is of greater importance or power over at least 2 other people or objects. One of the shots could only be done with inanimate objects... And here is what we got.

Not Alien or Predator. But I still love it, even if they are really cheap figures.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

What figures are those?

Mike’s Monsters

They are called something like "Star Wars Saga Legends"... Or something like that.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Well the picture looks great.
I figure you edited in the lightsaber glow?

Mike’s Monsters

Yup. That's about the only thing I did to the picture.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Very nice, Mikey. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What about the fog effect? That was in front of the lenses?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Probably a steam machine; like the ones used in nightclubs.

Mike’s Monsters

The fog came from dry ice. I had two bowls of warm water off of each side of the frame. Then dropped a chunk of dry ice in each. So the fog came in on both sides of the frame.

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: Mikey on Oct 11, 2010, 09:23:05 PM
Thanks guys! If you haven't noticed, I love playing with shallow depth of field... Or the blurring.
I can definitely see how the blurring gets out of hand on the last two, and I think those are the two I don't really like all that much.
I am starting to like the first one a bit more, I might use that one, and maybe the second one for my gallery.

If anyone is interested, my website is live again, it has almost all of my work on it.
www.bluesunsetdesign.com
I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts on it.

Mikey your site is great i am also trying to learn photography i have just got the hang of shooting in manual mode and it has like taking me afew years just to get my head around that. I love what you done with the figures it gives them more life. Anyhow im more intrested in portraits and i have also added you on Flickr cos some of your portraits are class. Anyhow im still new to this but here is my flickr page if your intrested in looking, some pointers are always welcome. :)
by the way im sort of playing about with mono and moody type of portraits at the moment.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54144344@N07/

Anyhow greeat work mate i will be keeping an eye out on your photos. :)

Mike’s Monsters

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead.
I took a break from shooting photos of models for a minute to take some photos of toys again.

Here's a new one of SpaceGodzilla.

Bat Chain Puller

Sweet shot! The same technique with Burning G with an orange light might be similarly awesome.

Looking at your website (I believe I've browsed it before via another thread) is pure inspiration. I do/did model photography for years but I sort of fell out of it ... makes me want to jump back in.

You've upgraded your gear since the Rebel and the two lenses back in 2010?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Very nice.  :)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Well well well. 

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Mar 07, 2014, 04:44:04 AM
Sweet shot! The same technique with Burning G with an orange light might be similarly awesome.

Looking at your website (I believe I've browsed it before via another thread) is pure inspiration. I do/did model photography for years but I sort of fell out of it ... makes me want to jump back in.

You've upgraded your gear since the Rebel and the two lenses back in 2010?

If I get Burning G, I will. I actually don't like his tail though, it doesn't match his body, so I may not.

And thank you, I do fashion and model photography full time now. So that explains why I am rarely active anymore.

I've definitely upgraded since my old Rebel from 2010. I'm now using a Canon 5D Mark II, and a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and a Canon 50mm f/1.8.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed