When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,208 times)

Local Trouble

MUST BE HIGH CONCEPT

CainsSon

Quote from: Highland on Oct 03, 2017, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 03, 2017, 03:15:31 PM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 03, 2017, 02:55:17 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 03, 2017, 02:46:29 AM
David will bio-mech upgrade himself, making him vulnerable to infection by either black goo or facehugger.
I'm guess black goo because that would fit in the with strange appearance of the jockey.

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 02, 2017, 06:16:36 PM
"Facehuggers don't go after robots."

I've always been curious why xenos consider synthetic biology off the menu? I prefer real hamburger, but I would eat a tofu burger if I was hungry enough.

Not a fitting analogy I suppose to what seems a redundant question considering no cinema source explaining why xenos turn their nose up to a synthetic food/host source.

In earlier drafts of Prometheus and Covenant there's mention of how the eggs/facehuggers react to the breath of natural biological living beings.
Leeches do something similar in real life. If they feel warm, moist air they move in its direction.

Usually don't agree with your whacky theories! But.... David somehow trying to make himself more human would slightly fit with the themes of the movies. I could actually see that being a possibility and kind of freaky at the same time. The whole Pinocchio becoming a real boy theme.

There's a chance though we are over thinking this and Awakening will be an Alien chasing 6 people around a ship.

With the budget issues a sequel will grapple with, an Alien chasing 6 people around a ship is likely. And Im thinking Ridley Scott is not a great ACTION director. He is better with style and slow-burn. Look at his best SCI FI works. Even The Martian is a slow burn. Blade Runner, Alien, etc. That's what he should be doing.
That's not too mention that I feel both Prequels are missing the claustrophobic atmosphere of the first few films.
I think that a smaller, contained, suspense heavy film is a great idea.

I agree, I wouldn't mind Scott just hanging back a bit, picking up 4-5 good quality actors, put and Alien in it, See what you can pull off. Screw the naysayers about same old, I'd like to see him do a smaller budget horror again, I don't need anymore space goo or Engineers.

I wouldnt be in favor of not completing the story. This franchise is a mess precisely for that reason IMO. But something stripped down and simple sounds like a plan to me. And as the above poster says "High concept."

DorkiDori

would be nice to have the early drafts of the scripts leak already for back when the movie was "Paradise" and a true Prometheus sequel. May give some insight to where we wind up going in the long run. Covenant was FULL of scrapped ideas from Prometheus... the early versions of the script before the huge change over may help shed light.

PierreVW

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 03, 2017, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 03, 2017, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 03, 2017, 03:15:31 PM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 03, 2017, 02:55:17 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 03, 2017, 02:46:29 AM
David will bio-mech upgrade himself, making him vulnerable to infection by either black goo or facehugger.
I'm guess black goo because that would fit in the with strange appearance of the jockey.

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 02, 2017, 06:16:36 PM
"Facehuggers don't go after robots."

I've always been curious why xenos consider synthetic biology off the menu? I prefer real hamburger, but I would eat a tofu burger if I was hungry enough.

Not a fitting analogy I suppose to what seems a redundant question considering no cinema source explaining why xenos turn their nose up to a synthetic food/host source.

In earlier drafts of Prometheus and Covenant there's mention of how the eggs/facehuggers react to the breath of natural biological living beings.
Leeches do something similar in real life. If they feel warm, moist air they move in its direction.

Usually don't agree with your whacky theories! But.... David somehow trying to make himself more human would slightly fit with the themes of the movies. I could actually see that being a possibility and kind of freaky at the same time. The whole Pinocchio becoming a real boy theme.

There's a chance though we are over thinking this and Awakening will be an Alien chasing 6 people around a ship.

With the budget issues a sequel will grapple with, an Alien chasing 6 people around a ship is likely. And Im thinking Ridley Scott is not a great ACTION director. He is better with style and slow-burn. Look at his best SCI FI works. Even The Martian is a slow burn. Blade Runner, Alien, etc. That's what he should be doing.
That's not too mention that I feel both Prequels are missing the claustrophobic atmosphere of the first few films.
I think that a smaller, contained, suspense heavy film is a great idea.

I agree, I wouldn't mind Scott just hanging back a bit, picking up 4-5 good quality actors, put and Alien in it, See what you can pull off. Screw the naysayers about same old, I'd like to see him do a smaller budget horror again, I don't need anymore space goo or Engineers.

I wouldnt be in favor of not completing the story. This franchise is a mess precisely for that reason IMO. But something stripped down and simple sounds like a plan to me. And as the above poster says "High concept."

I disagree.

Ridley Scott is a great action director.

I love BLACK HAWK DOWN and BLACK RAIN.

Denton Smalls

I would also love to see earlier drafts by Jack Paglen and Michael Green.

Corporal Hicks

Back of the queue is that way, Denton!  :P

Hopefully they'll crop up some day.

Baron Von Marlon

My guess for
Paradise, the movie they skipped.
David and Shaw arrive, get involved in conflict between good and evil Engineers, movie ends with David destroying Engineers.

Covenant
Similar to what we got but the first part would be shorter. Less time on the ship and problems occure faster after landing.
More time spend on David and his gallery (bigger in early draft) and on his secret room with Shaw drawings and experiments (also in early draft).
Perhaps Advent style flashback once David gets busted, actually showing what happened to Shaw. David unleashes his creatures (shown in concept art).
From here everything else might have been the same or similar.

Anthony

I have no doubt both Paglen and Green's drafts will get out at some point. I'm also curious on what Dante Harper's version is like (though probably similar to the final film, being that he shares screenplay credit with Logan).

Baron Von Marlon

I think there might be some kind of non-disclosure agreement for as long as they're involved, and maybe we'll have to wait until the this series of movies is finished.

Denton Smalls

Hahaha, yes indeed, Hicks!

I loved a lot of the concept art in the Gallery section and it would be sick to see if any of that stuff was given any context in the early drafts.

My favorite is the storyboard where the crew member breathes in these sparkly spores from an Alien flower and he immediately mutates into a an Alien/tree hybrid.

Ingwar

Ingwar

https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve

At 54:30 Scott starts talking about Covenant. He says it did well at box office (sic!) and in two weeks time we gonna find out about his next movie (not All The Money In The World).

PierreVW

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 06, 2017, 03:37:25 PM
https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve

At 54:30 Scott starts talking about Covenant. He says it did well at box office (sic!) and in two weeks time we gonna find out about his next movie (not All The Money In The World).

The Cartel?.

I prefer Battle Of Britain.

Scorpio

If the script is done like he said, it could be Alien.  Don't know what stage The Cartel and Battle of Britain is at, as there has been no news on that front.

Ingwar

I think it's gonna be The Cartel. Just the feeling.

skhellter

Ridley aint gonna live forever (then again who does?)
And i hope he does Covenant2/Prometheus3 sooner rather than later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed