AvPR's Running Time

Started by Darkness, Nov 29, 2007, 04:07:28 PM

Author
AvPR's Running Time (Read 18,007 times)

warchant-D

warchant-D

damn strait blaine, its cuz the film studios dont give money or attention to small budget, percieved low quality movies with no lasting or memorable appeal...which I truly hope to god is not the case here

warchant-D

warchant-D

I mean honestly, whats the last sci fi horror or even borderline truly scary movie that anyones been to see in theaters in the last 5+ years thats under 100 minutes long and any good ?

Green Band

Green Band

"I mean honestly, whats the last sci fi horror or even borderline truly scary movie that anyones been to see in theaters in the last 5+ years thats under 100 minutes long and any good ? "  Thats because originality went out the door along time ago.   Lets hope they cut out some of the scenes of the god awful acting that was in the trailers and instead stick with the Predator owning everything.

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

I'm with Blaine too ....  If this was INCLUDING the credits then that blows! - really bad news. Predator was 107 mins (1hr 47) Predator 2 was 108 (1hr 48), AVP was 101 (1hr 41) - all times including credits. I know 5-10 minutes doesn't seem like much - but as a percentage it's HUGE. First bit of bad news I've had about this movie since I saw bits of it being filmed.

PRED-ALIEN HYBRID

PRED-ALIEN HYBRID

HOPEFULLY THIS ONE WILL HAVE BETTER PACING

Foxnull

Foxnull

Most of you people are going berzerk over the time, when first of all. You should be thankful youre even getting a movie. And Secondly, The DVD with commentary, possible behind the scenes, as well as deleted scenes and other things, will boost the replay value of this movie greatly. If you have a DVD player, stop bitching, and if you dont. well, sucks for you, go get one. End of story.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

the true reason for this is they left a couple more scenes so the dvd would be more "meaty".   imo, they should have shot ANOTHER scene for the theatrical then, because MAN IS THAT SHORT.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

hey fox, dont give me the "you should be thankful we are even getting a movie".  it was going to be made no matter what.

warchant-D

warchant-D

umm..hey foxnull, if I remember fox just recently had to fund them a little more to add some two or three scenes to the movie , and even with these it came out to just 94 minutes, so before we were possibly looking at around 85 minutes long. thats rediculous, besides if they had to struggle just to get a few added to the theatrical release, that holds very little chance for any others making it to a dvd version

i dont care how long the movie is i just hope its full of surprises

zen

zen

You guys are a bunch of cry-babys!.Boo f**king hoo!.4 weeks from now im guessing none of you will be bitching!   >:(  .

zen

zen

AVP: Runtime:100 minute. Budget:$45,000,000 Made:$171,000,000.  Water world: Runtime:136 minutes. Budget:Too high!. Made:Not enough!.

warchant-D

warchant-D

hey zen, im not sure if your trying to make a point with those numbers claiming that avp was actually good for it runtime or the fact that it was made with relatively low budget. but that 171 million if thats waht your trying to use as an anchor of evidence against such a movie as waterworld ' why waterworld of all movies?' let me just say that while avp made that money it did mainly on the two names of the franchises alone. the words 'alien' and 'predator'  sold that movie not people saying, 'hey lets go see a good quality movie, how about avp', cuz thats not what it was. hell, as a big fan of both franchises I couldnt help but feel embarassed and upset as I distinctly remember people laughing and openly trashing the movie WHILE it was being shown, major dissapointment. it could have and should have been a lot better, and much of that has to do with fox not wanting to issue the attention or effort and especially the money to make a truly great movie with these two franchises ever again...its truly a sad thing

zen

zen

The $171,000,000 say's otherwise.

Mr. Teal

Mr. Teal

This sucks! why do fox keep screwing us?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed