Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 58,998 times)

The Ultimate Predator

Apologies if this is already kicking around, but in case you haven't heard, Sigourney recently chatted about the idea of dong Alien 5 again; http://www.slashfilm.com/sigourney-weaver-alien-5/

Darkness

Darkness

Thanks for the news. She seems quite open to doing Alien 5.

Dr Foster

Dr Foster

HELL YEAH! Despite the short comings of Alien Resurrection I'm eager to see one or two more installments focused on the cloned Ripley ans resolve her story line.

Alien Breed

Alien Breed

I agree, I have had a new found love for Resurrection and it's characters are reading Aliens: Original Sin, Plus of course we have the huge selection of other stories that have been written. I certainly would love to see a new movie based in the far reaches of the universe, including a potential Alien planet expedition.

Cvalda

It's never going to happen.

Vrastal

I'm pretty surprised she would be interested, i thought she was tired of it. especially after 3. But I dont think itll happen, at least not till promethous films are done so 5-6 years till preproduction at the earliest

Darkness

Bearing in mind she's 64 years old now, time is ticking.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Didn't Ellen Ripley's story end in ALIEN3? However, I love the idea of a distant planet where no one would go to (again, ALIEN3). So if it another movie based like ALIEN3 sign me up!  ;)

Lemonade

Lemonade

Sorry Sig, you wanted to end this thing at Alien 3, remember?

Us fans know you only did Alien 4 for the gigantic paycheck and the cloning scene, so we'll just chalk that movie up as non-canon. Fret not, big girl. We got you covered.

DaddyYautja

Yes please.
We need something to make us forget about Prometheus.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 02, 2014, 08:22:40 PM

I most certainly don't want to see a 70 year old Ripley 8. The franchise ended with Alien Resurrection, AvP: R if you are willing to count the AvP films and begun a new with Prometheus. If another Alien movie is going to be made... it's unlikely, and if it does happen then it should be a straight up reboot after the Prometheus films are done.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 02, 2014, 08:39:45 PM
We need something to make us forget about Prometheus.

What was wrong with Prometheus?

szkoki

no reason to fear. he could be in shape in no time via magic hollywood training and could look super young with make up

seen this? just look at that 20yo Pitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmpYI1bsiA

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 02, 2014, 08:17:45 PM
It's never going to happen.

Almost certainly true.

She looks great for her age though, I have no doubt she could handle it like the rest of her male brethren from that same era are now doing. The weakest link in most of their outings has been shoddy wink-wink writing that can't seem to find the earnest sensibilities of the golden age.

The real question is... It's been twenty years since A:R. What exactly do you do with an ALIEN 5? Personally i'm not all that interested in seeing the continuation of Ripley 8 unless we're going to get some really Earth-shattering writing and directing.

Alien 5 really should deliver on the unkept promise of the Alien 3 teaser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk_x9W1xKng#ws

I don't want to hear "AVP" or "AVP:R" as responses. No.  That's not even remotely the same. Not this kind of execution. I'm talking Cthulhu, Hell mouth's opening in the Earth, people taken in the night. Tap those deep dark nightmares, violate our personal space, scare the Hell out of us, and give us a damn good heroine. If there was ANYTHING truly missing from Alien Resurrection above anything else, it was the Ellen Ripley that really cared about people. I want that Ripley brought back. Make that the story arc for her amidst a genuine fight for survival on Earth. There is nowhere to escape to. They're here, on Earth. It's fight or die. Instead of showing someone losing their humanity in that, have Ripley find hers, and teach the survivors how to deal with the aliens through her connection to them.

Or as someone else said, reboot. Though i'm honestly not keen on the idea of a reboot. You could just as easily sidestep the issue and not ever go back to Ripley ever again and just tell a new story. As the comics and novels have shown us there are many stories to tell without Ripley. Granted not all of them are the stuff of greatness, but there are diamonds in the rough.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Our last real Alien movie was back in 1997. If this gets made it won't be for a very long time. We have Prometheus 2 in 2016 and I bet a third movie will get made too.

Darwinsgirl

I can see this as being possible. If Harrison Ford & Sean Connery can portray believable (maybe acceptable  ;)  ) heroic characters. Why not Siqourney? I think she is capable of playing the role for me the key is a Good script.  WTG Sigourney! 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed