Rest in Peace Terry Rawlings

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 23, 2019, 03:39:03 PM

Author
Rest in Peace Terry Rawlings (Read 3,114 times)

The Old One

The Old One

A sad day, a wonderful editor. Rest in Peace.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

RIP :'(

DaveT937

DaveT937

Argh no!!! He did an intro at a showing of Alien I was at about three weeks ago at The Odyssey in St Albans. He was still so passionate about the film.

V sad news indeed... :'(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Another great unsung hero, just like Laddie.

As Paul Sammon once said, his editing was so tight you could bounce a dime off it.

0321recon

0321recon

Rest in power, Terry.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Not just a great picture/sound editor, but a great storyteller, too. I always found his interview segments some of the most enjoyable.

Godspeed, Terry.

Huggs

Huggs

May he rest in peace, and may the Lord bless and comfort his family during this time of loss.

LtJesseRipley

RIP Terry Rawlings.  I know you from and enjoyed the Alien 3 Making of documentary, it's one of my Favourite Documentaries.  I love how passionate you where about editing and you really wanted what was best for the movie. RIP Buddy!

Lucifer

Lucifer

R.I.P. :'(

T Dog

T Dog

Ah that's sad. He was a great editor.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Was sad to hear this. His editing on Alien is of course legendary, but some of the stuff he did on Alien 3 is among my favourite moments from the whole series; the intercut funeral/Alien birth scene and Ripley's death in particular are wonderfully edited sequences.

Also really enjoy his bits in the Wreckage and Rage documentary, especially all the rather frank stuff towards the end that got cut out in the original DVD edit :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

RIP. :'(

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Genuine and talented, and right
on David Fincher's Alien.
I always felt the  prolific editor's absence
on James Cameron's Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed