Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 131,880 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Dec 18, 2015, 12:38:56 AM
The accelerant is a fine concept and an interesting plot device if used well IMO...Sebela just f*cked up the AvP comic and Olivetti's art was bad (guy could not draw Predators or Aliens at all)

I thought the accelerant was used well in the Prometheus comic

I know I'm often quite harsh about the Fire and Stone series and the overuse of Prometheus elements but sitting down and thinking about it they actually were quite constant with what the accelerant did - aside from explaining properly why Elden was effected like he was. I know we all have our ideas on the matter though.

Ultramorph

I wonder if we'll finally meet an Arcturian in this. Abnett definitely has plenty of experience writing aliens.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2015, 01:40:43 PM
I wonder if we'll finally meet an Arcturian in this. Abnett definitely has plenty of experience writing aliens.

I really hope we do eventually.

(Is it me, or are us two the biggest fans of the Arcturians? XD)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 18, 2015, 02:46:27 PM

We should start a fan club!  :laugh: I do think Fox has a plan for them, it just remains to be seen where they eventually show up (movie, novel, comics, game, etc.).

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2015, 09:53:34 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 18, 2015, 02:46:27 PM

We should start a fan club!  :laugh: I do think Fox has a plan for them, it just remains to be seen where they eventually show up (movie, novel, comics, game, etc.).

We'd make a whole forum dedicated to them.  :laugh:

Yeah, which author said that "there are plans for them"? I remember it was one of the authors of the last trilogy, was it James Moore?

If they make an appearance in a film, it'd have the tagline...

"It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby."

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2015, 08:31:10 AM
I know I'm often quite harsh about the Fire and Stone series and the overuse of Prometheus elements but sitting down and thinking about it they actually were quite constant with what the accelerant did - aside from explaining properly why Elden was effected like he was. I know we all have our ideas on the matter though.

Some more exposition about the nature of Elden and what's a meat robot would've been nice

I suspect they're like really infantile Blade Runner Replicants

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on Dec 20, 2015, 01:52:07 PM
Some more exposition about the nature of Elden and what's a meat robot would've been nice

I suspect they're like really infantile Blade Runner Replicants

I wish Sea of Sorrows had mentioned the constructs, it would have been a nice cross-media reference. There was a good opportunity for it when Decker was recollecting on synthetics getting civil rights. It would have been cool if he had thought something like "And don't even get me started on those 'meat robots' they started rolling out in the 23rd century."

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 20, 2015, 10:57:23 PM

I wish Sea of Sorrows had mentioned the constructs, it would have been a nice cross-media reference. There was a good opportunity for it when Decker was recollecting on synthetics getting civil rights. It would have been cool if he had thought something like "And don't even get me started on those 'meat robots' they started rolling out in the 23rd century."

Really surprised that the F&S team thought no further explanation would be needed (other than one-line references to Constructs and meat-robots)

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure they came to an actual conclusion themselves.

HuDaFuK

Well at least a Prometheus-based comic series is consistent with the movie that spawned it :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I always say it feels very much like Prometheus.  :P

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2015, 08:21:43 AM
I'm not sure they came to an actual conclusion themselves.

I expect they were told they could make a very ambiguous connection with Bladerunner and hence the Meat Robot.  Ridley Scott has been flirting with this idea for a while if I remember correctly.

happypred

Yep...a tad more exposition would have been nice.

I thought the Predator and Prometheus series were enjoyable. Omega was decent.

Aliens and AvP were disappointing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Agreed on those points. Predator in particular was stronger - I think mostly because it wasn't focused on all the other aspects. No accelerant or etc. It was just about that white whale.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2015, 12:43:31 PM
Agreed on those points. Predator in particular was stronger - I think mostly because it wasn't focused on all the other aspects. No accelerant or etc. It was just about that white whale.

Predator could have benefited from R-rated dialogue and maybe a less buddy-buddy team-up...but I think along with Duel, it's the best team-up (I've always been ambivalent about Prey's team-up...always liked Prey despite the team-up, not because of it).

The flashback hunt was superb. Wish we could get more stuff like that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed