Sleek Polished Predators vs. Savage Tribal Predators

Started by happypred, Sep 19, 2014, 09:19:56 AM

Author
Sleek Polished Predators vs. Savage Tribal Predators (Read 5,874 times)

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 29, 2014, 05:33:05 PMWhat do you see that is so Klingon-esque that I don't?

RakaiThwei

It would be better to compare the Antarctic/Dark Blade clan Predators to low ranking Samurai as they tended to wear the same kind of armor rather than personalized armor which higher ranking Samurai would wear. Also.. I raise the point up again, different clans, different customs and culture. So maybe uniform armor is a cultural thing for these Predators.

happypred

The Pyramid predators are Klingon-esque, yea or nay?

Master

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 30, 2014, 06:54:29 AM
It would be better to compare the Antarctic/Dark Blade clan Predators to low ranking Samurai as they tended to wear the same kind of armor rather than personalized armor which higher ranking Samurai would wear. Also.. I raise the point up again, different clans, different customs and culture. So maybe uniform armor is a cultural thing for these Predators.

Or maybe extra f**king armor is usefull when dealing with accid bleeding alien killing machines?

Quote from: happypred on Oct 30, 2014, 08:03:35 AM
The Pyramid predators are Klingon-esque, yea or nay?

hard to say really. The similarities are there but not big nor obvious. More of coincidence really.

happypred

Quote from: Master on Oct 30, 2014, 05:37:45 PMOr maybe extra f**king armor is usefull when dealing with accid bleeding alien killing machines?

Yeah...but I'd argue that extra armour would be even more useful against humans with assault rifles, machine guns, miniguns, grenade launchers (or if we're talking the USCM...pulse rifles and smart guns)

Of course, you do remember that the bulky armour in AvP was highly vulnerable to acid, it was close to useless

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Oct 30, 2014, 05:37:45 PM
Or maybe extra f**king armor is usefull when dealing with accid bleeding alien killing machines?

We were talking aesthetics. Not so much function.

marrerom

If you watch the making of special features for AvP the director explains that the extra armor was due to the cold environment.  If you look at the predators that are standing on the pyramid in the flashback sequence you'll notice that they don't have as much armor.

happypred

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 31, 2014, 05:25:44 AM
If you watch the making of special features for AvP the director explains that the extra armor was due to the cold environment.  If you look at the predators that are standing on the pyramid in the flashback sequence you'll notice that they don't have as much armor.

Metallic plates are supposed to keep you warm?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Oct 31, 2014, 08:32:57 AM
Metallic plates are supposed to keep you warm?

I like to think they have built in integral heaters somewhere in that armor.

happypred

The old explanation was that the mesh was responsible for temperature control

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 27, 2014, 03:34:50 PMI liked his grappling hook. Low tech and a cool new device.

It could be implying that Ahab is too old to be leaping around, he has to rely on a grappling hook

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed