Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,135 times)

j0nesy

j0nesy

just bought the core rulebook, if i want to play (not as a gm), will i need to purchase any of the supplementals?

Corporal Hicks

No, that should be enough. Though I love the themed dice.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2020, 08:32:26 AM
I've not watched it yet but here's some footage of a session we did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZZbnSwTHU

Just watched this. My verdict: I want more !

j0nesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2020, 09:18:15 AM
No, that should be enough. Though I love the themed dice.

thanks, did you read the entire rulebook before playing?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No. I'd already played some demos, so I knew about it going in.

And ordered my bundle :)

Kailem

Is the starter kit even something that's worth getting if you already own the full game, or is it aimed mostly at people who don't?

Corporal Hicks

I'd think it's aimed mostly at the people who don't, but Shevvie convinced me with it being a shorter, perhaps almost "quick" guide and the extra goodies (the dice along are almost the same price as the boxset) that it was worth it.

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2020, 02:03:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2020, 08:32:26 AM
I've not watched it yet but here's some footage of a session we did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZZbnSwTHU

Just watched this. My verdict: I want more !

Glad you enjoyed it! Certainly endeavouring to do more!

Kradan

Oh yeah, I enjoyed it a lot ! It felt really engaging, like a real in-universe ongoing story.

j0nesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2020, 02:38:19 PMGlad you enjoyed it! Certainly endeavouring to do more!

maybe you and shevvie can show us newbies the ropes some time

j0nesy

update: played hope's last day at the weekend, it was so much fun. everyone escaped hadley's hope, minus a single facehugged soul

i recommend the alien rpg discord to those looking to get involved!

judge death

Quote from: j0nesy on May 06, 2020, 04:50:21 AM
update: played hope's last day at the weekend, it was so much fun. everyone escaped hadley's hope, minus a single facehugged soul

i recommend the alien rpg discord to those looking to get involved!
Theres a discord for this? :O

j0nesy

here you go: https://discord.gg/hSQkUTJ (assuming it's ok to link this? ???)

Gemini

has anyone actually ran a session based around any of the Alien movies yet? or is that too obvious?
could be kinda cool though. experiencing the colony as part of Hope's Last Day is cool enough, actually being part of Aliens even cooler.
remember to give Hudson a good Comtech skill!

could be kind of a parallel universe version of the story. "here's how it could've gone down"

I think the marines could have won the day with a couple of decisions being more effective, and a bit more luck (if that first dropship had made it..)

Schrödinger

For those with the materials, what size are the maps and can you use minis with them (2 Inch Base)?

Mr. Clemens

No, the maps are schematics much like you see in the films. But you could map out key areas yourself based on them, for minis play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed