Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 54,393 times)

lv_226

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 11, 2017, 08:53:15 PM
and this is really awesome. dat intro.

The intro is really good....

Evanus

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
The main theme is the track 'Planet 4' (2min06)
Yeah, but I'm sure it's the same theme, this one is called Alien Covenant Theme, after all.  :)

Stolen

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 11, 2017, 08:54:17 PM
Yeah, but I'm sure it's the same theme, this one is called Alien Covenant Theme, after all.  :)

I think it would be strange to have twice main theme with almost the same duration. But who knows...  ;D

Evanus

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 11, 2017, 08:54:17 PM

I think it would be strange to have twice main theme with almost the same duration. But who knows...  ;D
No, what I mean is that this track is probably a bonus track consisting of purely the main theme, while the other track called Planet 4/Main theme has the main theme in it, but also has other music.

hfeldhaus

A lot better than the Prometheus theme, which was just...

This theme was pretty good. Opening was a nice throwback, the ending was sufficiently ominous, the middle was completely forgettable.

DaveT937

DaveT937

I'll try again: https://youtu.be/z4s9UTXGzDk

Ha, it doesn't look like I'm having much luck posting!

Well, it's on YouTube if you search for it. I like it!

Bad Replicant

Not bad, not exactly mind-blowing. About what I was expecting. The Alien nods are nice but it's still a little bland. Probably not the best taste of the score overall given the length.

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 08:42:34 PM
Reminds me 'The Gift' by Elliot Goldenthal (Sphere theme). One of my favorite theme.

Sphere popped into my head as well.

Sway

It does sound a bit condensed. Not at all "bad". And sure, easily reminds one of the original Alien's score. Not a bad thing, either.

This film IS going to kick ass.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 07:22:27 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-511882002/alien-covenant-theme

It's for you !!!
Themes up for grabs and it sounds pretty damn great. Has the Alien bits while also being a modern theme.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 11, 2017, 11:25:43 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 07:22:27 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-511882002/alien-covenant-theme

It's for you !!!
Themes up for grabs and it sounds pretty damn great. Has the Alien bits while also being a modern theme.
Agreed. 8)

OuterVeilRefinery

Okay, definitely encouraged by this. As others have said, there's an old school feel, a kind of majesty to it but there's also a taste of unsettling electronic cues. Can't wait to hear more.

Olde

Really? Not going to indicate at all that this includes spoilers?

SpeedyMaxx

I like it, but I do think it's too brief.

John Doe

Love it, specially the first seconds. Looks like a mix of Goldsmith and Gothental.

Necronomicon II

Loving what I'm reading, I knew Kurzel would do a great job.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed