Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written!

Started by Ingwar, Mar 05, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written! (Read 58,097 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anthony on Mar 07, 2017, 03:11:49 AM
Quote from: DorkiDori on Mar 07, 2017, 02:06:04 AM
i really hope we get script leaks of "Prometheus 2" vs Alien Covenant after the movie is out (much like Alien: Engineers vs Prometheus). im REALLY curious what the original version of the story was like when it was more "Prometheus" focused.

Seeing both the Jack Paglen and Michael Green scripts would be cool.

Hopefully they'll come out at some point. I'm going to be trying to get my hands on them.

I don't think Covenant is going to be a retread of Alien, anymore than Alien Resurrection was. Yes, they'll have similar tropes but Covenant is telling a much different story over all.

SpeedyMaxx

I've seen what I am almost certain is a hoax Jack Paglen draft. It focused on Shaw and David but looks to be written by a fan and was pretty terrible. In fairness, so was Transcendence, but this appeared to be literally written by an amateur.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It maybe the one I came across. I did start a fake script thread. Lemme find it.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53507.msg2125977#msg2125977

I can't find the thread I made but here's the script in question.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55429

Here we go. All the fake scripts I came across.

Denton Smalls

Hate to be a downer but Ridley's 80 years old. If he doesn't make the threequel right after this I don't know if we'll get the chance to see it.

Hopefully the dude's healthy.

Symon Joestar

Symon Joestar

I really hope we see the creators of the engineers. I just hop the sequel be about them and no f**king xenomorphs.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 07, 2017, 01:40:44 PM
Hate to be a downer but Ridley's 80 years old. If he doesn't make the threequel right after this I don't know if we'll get the chance to see it.

Hopefully the dude's healthy.
Yeah a lot of people are dropping like flies lately.
And no matter how you turn this, even if he starts Covenant 2 by the beginning of 2018 it will be mid 2019 before we see the light of it.
Thats already 3 years ahead and closing to 85 years. And thats a very well respected age for a filmmaker.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2017, 12:29:49 PM
It maybe the one I came across. I did start a fake script thread. Lemme find it.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53507.msg2125977#msg2125977

I can't find the thread I made but here's the script in question.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55429

Here we go. All the fake scripts I came across.

Are any of these fun to read even though they're fan scripts?

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, that's the one. Awful.

Did find another Gibson A3 draft not long ago - I never knew he did more than the one.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, he did 2.  :) I've got all the legitimate scripts that are available in our downloads section: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/downloads/

Still searching for a few.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The man deserves a massive amount of respect. He's 80 and never stops working. And not just working but making movies. A massive workload, its just mindblowing. And his passion and love for Alien is a dream come true for me, and hopefully all of you. This is a good time to be a fan

BishopShouldGo

Very much a dream come true. I remember for years hoping he could get roped back into doing just ONE more Alien film, and now he might do a couple more after this current one? And he's legitimately excited about this universe? Never would've believed it 10 years ago. So happy, so grateful, so thankful.

Gotta hand it to Jon Spaihts for igniting his passion. Sure, Ridley had the idea that the space jockeys were wearing suits, but it was Jon that tied their history to mankind's.

BonesawT101

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 08, 2017, 04:38:31 AM
Very much a dream come true. I remember for years hoping he could get roped back into doing just ONE more Alien film, and now he might do a couple more after this current one? And he's legitimately excited about this universe? Never would've believed it 10 years ago. So happy, so grateful, so thankful.

Gotta hand it to Jon Spaihts for igniting his passion. Sure, Ridley had the idea that the space jockeys were wearing suits, but it was Jon that tied their history to mankind's.
This all day long!

lv_226

lv_226

I echoed this concern in another thread, but I can't see this current story line dragging on for two more films. I envision the current story going for one more film. Why? I just don't see how this could link back to Alien without going so far left field that the events in Alien become invalidated. Presumably what Scott is getting at here is that by these films linking back to Alien they are linking back to the mysteries of the first film (something which has been documented on at length). I can't see how this can happen since the mysteries of Alien felt self-contained. The one way that I can see this going correctly is if the Engineers continue to play a role in the current story. How? Well, it has been alluded to elsewhere that the Engineers may have stolen or come upon some of this bio-technology from a more ancient source—now THAT would be worth investigating further.

Pvt. Himmel

If what was said about the ending is true then the
Spoiler
surviving cast
[close]
would carry over to the next one.... Unless their story ends here and a new one begins. ???

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 08, 2017, 06:02:41 PM
If what was said about the ending is true then the
Spoiler
surviving cast
[close]
would carry over to the next one.... Unless their story ends here and a new one begins. ???

Covenant is potentially (not practically yet) the first movie of the trilogy so somebody has to carry the torch. In my opinion an ultimate antagonist it's going to be David. According to leaks our alive protagonist(s)
Spoiler
are Daniels and Tennessee. At least till the next instalment because we don't know what will happen to them in the future.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed