Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written!

Started by Ingwar, Mar 05, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written! (Read 59,115 times)

motherfather

Its great news that Covenant 2 is written. But then again Covenant 1 was written aaages ago in whatever form it was then.

I just take the news as Ridley is committed to keeping his toe in the franchise, rather than anything with much weight to it.

Whiskeybrewer

Maybe this is where Dante Harper's credit comes in. He's a linking writer between Covenant and the next one maybe?

Even though the "Bible" is meant to include Blomkamp's film, i actually doubt that will happen now as it wouldnt bee out until 2020 at the earliest. o it makes sense that they cannabilise elements of his script to continue. Luke directs the next one then Blomkamp directs the third/fourth of this prequel trilogy

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: harlequinade on Mar 06, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 09:26:27 PM
LOGAN - R rated movie

Total gross
Box office   $237.8 million
Retrieved March 5

!!!

No way Covenant gets anywhere Logan's Box Office, Logan got stellar reviews Covenant won't. Also it's Marvel and the marketing was spectacular with Covenant if you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the movie

How do you know that?

QuoteWith Covenant if you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the movie
Completely disagree with this. Tell me what is the movie central plot, please?

SiL

SiL

Prometheus didn't. It wasn't trashed, but it wasn't praised like Logan.

Neither did Alien for that matter.

fernandito

This hypothetical haste for having the closure to the trilogy series at the very least "written and ready" might not mean something very good at all, I mean regarding Sir Scott. Let's hope I'm thoughtfully mistaken

oduodu

oduodu

Does this mean Scott will film Covenant 2 directly after this one or another movie? To cut down on costs I mean?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Ok so they're set into making Prometheus 3, or Alien Covenant 2, or Alien "insert name of the new ship and crew as subtitle here"

I agree with most on here, please don't leave it in development hell for half a decade, wonder if this next entry will be the last in the prequel series, or if there still trying to set Covenant as the start of a new trilogy.

Just realized if they immediately set into production next year the 3rd upcoming Alien Prequel will be out by Alien's 40th anniversary in 2019

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2017, 10:48:49 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Mar 06, 2017, 09:35:21 AM
Scott has always implied this would be a trilogy. There's no surprise that a sequel is already written.  You can bet the whole outline for a 3 movie treatment already exists.   It's a no brainer, really.

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2017, 09:15:04 AMif the next installment will ever happen it has to be an Aliens movie all over.

Why not?  Let's see how this one finishes.  I'm absolutely certain 'ALIEN: Covenant' will be a success.  It wouldn't surprise me if Blomkamp is brought on board to direct the sequel.  I can see critical plot points are cannibalised from his 'ALIEN 5' (sans Ripley, of course) to make their way into the follow up movie.  Hell, even 'ALIENS' wasn't an original story.  Cameron cannibalised his own previous work to write the 'ALIENS' story.  I don't see why Blomkamp cant do the same.

I think it's an ideal compromise for everyone. 

-Windebieste.
Funny i was first thinking his son would enter the ring with the next movie, but Blomkamp could in fact be the runner up and helper in the next one.
So yeah im down for an Aliens type movie with the beauty of Ridley's visual eye, but no Ripley please no Weaver.
And no doubt Covenant will rock my boat

After how poorly Morgan did, I don't see Luke Scott taking the reins.

I personally have my own list of directors that could make a kick ass Alien film, but it seems like Ridley wants to do this all by himself.

stevengg

stevengg

no because they have already stopped filming and the actors are filming different movies, if you want to cut costs you do it all in one go like they did for pirates 2 and 3 and matrix 2 and 3.

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, there is no chance Covenant is doing Logan's box office.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm glad they at least know where they're going with things this time, instead of setting up a load of questions without seemingly knowing the answers.

Richman678

If Ridley plans on directing the next movie then yes this would make sense the guy is almost 80!

thexenomorph

How about an Alien 5 where Ripley goes to the Engineers home planet? That would be sweet!

Master

Master

How about no?

Corporal Hicks

Don't be rude, Master.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed