Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film!

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 16, 2022, 07:51:33 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny in Talks to Star in Fede Alvarez Alien Film! (Read 22,073 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 19, 2022, 07:55:33 AMWell damn, I'd say it's a sure thing now then.

Agreed. Seems like that's a reasonable shout she's actually attached now!

Rankles75

Ok Fede, you have my attention.  8)  8)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 19, 2022, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: JDrums on Dec 19, 2022, 07:42:51 AMFrom Cailee Spaeny's Instagram Stories.

https://i.postimg.cc/c1Ttyswp/319845048-717060876505023-3590258238806513255-n.jpg

Well, this could bode well...

Wow! that's almost historical. I mean, no actress from the recent Alien movies had expressed an interest in Giger's art.

Nightmare Asylum

It isn't up anymore, but I guess yesterday Spaeny shared this image to her Instagram story:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Immortan Jonesy

A woman of taste

Nightmare Asylum

Spaeny in Sofia Coppola's upcoming Priscilla:

RIP77

Nightmare Asylum

Having now seen Priscilla, I can attest that Cailee Spaeny is so good in it.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 04, 2023, 09:39:57 PMHaving now seen Priscilla, I can attest that Cailee Spaeny is so good in it.

Yeah, seeing lots of buzz about her this weekend after the premiere of Priscilla. I think she's gonna be able to carry the movie just fine, and a lot of the worries folks have about her being too young will be a thing of the past. Hopefully...

https://twitter.com/artwithinpod/status/1720876009560449394?s=46

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 05, 2023, 04:46:06 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 04, 2023, 09:39:57 PMHaving now seen Priscilla, I can attest that Cailee Spaeny is so good in it.

Yeah, seeing lots of buzz about her this weekend after the premiere of Priscilla. I think she's gonna be able to carry the movie just fine, and a lot of the worries folks have about her being too young will be a thing of the past. Hopefully...

She plays about a decade of Priscilla Presley's life in Priscilla, ranging from very young (roughly 15) to around Spaeny's current actual age at 25, and slips into both (and everything in between) very well. I feel like Romulus could really go either way, where she should be able to play very young or mid-twenties equally well, depending on what the film is calling for from her.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 05, 2023, 04:46:06 PMhttps://twitter.com/artwithinpod/status/1720876009560449394?s=46

Hey now, what real ones really know her from prior to Priscilla is Alex Garland's Devs! ;)

Spoiler
And, unfortunately, the Pacific Rim sequel that shall not be named or ever acknowledged again. :-X
[close]

She's actually set to be in Garland's upcoming Civil War, which I'm quite excited for as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Bumping this again after seeing Civil War tonight (got a lot to say about that one which I absolutely will when I'm less exhausted than I am now), but just to add to the thread here – Spaeny continues to really prove herself as the real deal. She is excellent. Can't wait to see her in Romulus, and can't wait to see where her career takes her beyond this.

BigDaddyJohn

I only saw her in Pacific Rim and Bad Times A The El Royale. Thought she was good in both.

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 12, 2024, 02:40:19 AMBumping this again after seeing Civil War tonight (got a lot to say about that one which I absolutely will when I'm less exhausted than I am now), but just to add to the thread here – Spaeny continues to really prove herself as the real deal. She is excellent. Can't wait to see her in Romulus, and can't wait to see where her career takes her beyond this.

I watched it last night as well and she is fantastic. Between this & Priscilla I am so excited for her to lead Romulus. She will be someone we talk about for the next several years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed