What happened to the 'Beautiful Cinematography'?

Started by War Wager, Dec 19, 2007, 09:50:39 PM

Author
What happened to the 'Beautiful Cinematography'? (Read 7,377 times)

Flaming Firefox

I haven't seen any clips with groundbreaking or iconic visuals. 300 had great inovative visuals. I expected maybe something not the same but on par with that since we have two guys that worked on 300.

So far I've seen heavy handed use of rain and dark shadows that obscure most of the characters.

Alienseseses

What happened to the Beutiful Cinematography?

It's still there. Look harder.
To the untrained eye, it only looks like what ever is in the frame.
Others take lighting and angles into mind. I think the angles, lighting and color grading looks fab.

Dasani

I'd much rather have some brutal cinematography, thank you very much.

Invisible Darkness

CRY ME A RIVER!

Anyone that will take any critic's review as fact and not opinion shouldn't watch ANY movie! If you are going to base the overall preformance of a film from a critic's opinion of it and say it's going to suck before YOU watch it yourself..........well, no good way to describe how dumb that is!

Space Disc Jockey

Ever since the Red Band trailer and even more so now...I think AVP R looks f**king fantastic! I love the lighting/cinematography of it. This movie looks more like an 80's horror movie, which was what the Strauses were going for. This movie is supposed to be dark. The creatures are being hidden in the darkness and shadows. The Strauses are going the same route of what you don't see may be scary, as opposed just showing the creatures in full light the whole time. Besides, would you really want to see Alien/Predator battles in full daylight?

I have no problem with what I have seen so far. I think Daniel Pearl is a great cinematographer.

Jango1201

I think AVPR's cinematography has alot more imagination than what AVP 1 had, compare the two and you will be thankful for what you see.

xenomorph36

u know what i dont understand is if u look at korean movies, their cinematography and gore looks much more brilliant than avpr, yet they spent less than 10 million to make the damn movie.

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Dec 20, 2007, 07:34:42 AM
u know what i dont understand is if u look at korean movies, their cinematography and gore looks much more brilliant than avpr, yet they spent less than 10 million to make the damn movie.

In your opinion.

MartyPredator

ever clip i have seen apart from on the predator vision and homeworld
ever clip appears to be very dark and just watchable...:S hope its not like this in the cinema and we can act make everthing out and see whats happening

Weasel

You have 545 posts. Why do you make pointless threads like this?

MartyPredator

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 21, 2007, 11:14:10 AM
You have 545 posts. Why do you make pointless threads like this?
why do you make pointless replys like this?
its not pointless
maybe someone will reply with no its just your screen brightness is to dark
or something
or maybe a good reply with ya...hope it not either and then it develops into a talk

Chocolate man!

I agree with you.  In a music video that someone made, I don't know how he got access to the footage) the sewer scene was fairly light.

Weasel

So, a thread about agreeing with each other. Wooooo.
You can hope all you want, but we will see if it's the same in theaters or not.

gameoverman

Well this could've been posted in the cinematography thread.  Weasel is right - you could've done a quick search and posted in an existing thread instead of starting a new one.  The board is currently being cluttered with noobs starting pointless threads that have already been discussed many times over in other recent threads.  I'll merge this topic instead of closing it though, it's not as bad as some others I've seen today.

War Wager

I made the last cinematography thread, that one was about how great it looked in the trailers. This one is the complete opposite. I still think it'll have great visuals, it's just the qoute that that guy said got me worried.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed