Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,248 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 17, 2021, 12:31:38 PM
You cut off my last sentence saying we're pretty much all convinced Dane is playing a Predator already. Websites like IGN are too.

Kyle and Dane are the same height though so it's possible they are sharing the same role. We'll see!  :)👍

Didn't mean to cut ya off, was more just responding to that bit. Them both paying tribute to KPH feels like more evidence to me, or just a fun tease. But yeah that is the question right there, if he's a backup performer, or if they're playing separate Predator characters.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm thinking one myself.

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 16, 2021, 09:26:30 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 16, 2021, 08:27:39 PM

Thanks to Mikey for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely guessing we have two Predator performers in this one.

Yeah, I saw that too. I don't know if sharing a new Stan Winston School Instagram post of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator gets us any closer to Dane confirming he's playing a Predator... but I think when Dane commented it was a pleasure being their sasquatch, I think hardly anyone was taking sasquatch literally  (much to my dismay :'() and assume it means a Predator.

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life

There's something to be said about Dane being tagged by Jeff Cutter along with Amber and Dakota... but not Kyle. Seems to me like Kyle was a backup or photo double or something.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Oct 18, 2021, 11:33:54 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 16, 2021, 09:26:30 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 16, 2021, 08:27:39 PM

Thanks to Mikey for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely guessing we have two Predator performers in this one.

Yeah, I saw that too. I don't know if sharing a new Stan Winston School Instagram post of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator gets us any closer to Dane confirming he's playing a Predator... but I think when Dane commented it was a pleasure being their sasquatch, I think hardly anyone was taking sasquatch literally  (much to my dismay :'() and assume it means a Predator.

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life

There's something to be said about Dane being tagged by Jeff Cutter along with Amber and Dakota... but not Kyle. Seems to me like Kyle was a backup or photo double or something.

Hmm. The plot, like my gravy, thickens....

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: hoffmanstokes

Based on social media activity, it seemed that Kyle was in Calgary for the shoot longer than Dane was. If there is a Primary Predator, my guess would be Kyle.

Makes sense given he's the one with prior experience playing a Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While I was just having fun with the notion, it could be as simple as Dane was one of the people that Jeff really bonded with on set.

How much of the "title character" Kyle actually plays? We shall see!

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 18, 2021, 11:57:52 PM

Based on social media activity, it seemed that Kyle was in Calgary for the shoot longer than Dane was. If there is a Primary Predator, my guess would be Kyle.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think Kyle has ever played a Predator in a Predator movie before?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Kyle is on the left. He played one of the Emissary Predators that were ultimately cut from "The Predator".

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Kyle is on the left. He played one of the Emissary Predators that were ultimately cut from "The Predator".

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/emissary.jpg

My point exactly good sir!

We've never actually seen Kyle play a Predator in a Predator movie. Just pictures of him in a suit.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Oct 19, 2021, 04:36:56 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 04:32:18 PM

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/emissary.jpg

My point exactly good sir!

We've never actually seen Kyle play a Predator in a Predator movie. Just pictures of him in a suit.

Kyle was also the back up for Fugitive and did most of the motion capture work for the Upgrade Predator:

https://youtu.be/4RU4nmT7Ku0?t=174

So yes, we have.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

So Dane himself is the only one who liked this retweet.

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1450487508492509184?t=tVs9PfbFTmJkA1OLxQ-uFw&s

So this naturally means....

1. A Sasquatch in "Skulls" is now confirmed.
2. No one else likes the idea.

;) :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

LOL, that's hilarious  :laugh:

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 18, 2021, 11:57:52 PM

That would be my best guess also.  Kyle has more experience, so it would stand to reason that he'd have the primary Predator role, or "The" Predator role if there ends up being another creature/Predator in the movie.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Dane in the StudioADI showroom for his Instagram Story today.

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 20, 2021, 12:16:21 AM

Dane in the StudioADI showroom for his Instagram Story today.

So is he the sasquatch or the predator??

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

GodDAMN do I loathe the Wolf design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed