The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 116,424 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

the Make-A-Stand mode promises to be exactly like that.

Bio Mech Hunter

I don't know guys... I'm trying to stay optimistic, but despite some very awesome stuff in the previews, screens, etc., I'm still seeing the same problematic patterns that have plagued Alien, Predator, & AvP titles for the past decade.

It's looking more and more like GB either lied about "doing their research" to make this the authentic "Aliens" title, or they just plain changed their minds. For crying out loud, there are basic in-universe details that are still getting overlooked. Or worse, ignored. >:( At least it's not coming out 'till 2012. So they still have time get this right.

I'm still gonna' buy it, of course. ;)

RagingDragon

So much awesome in here... anybody notice this from SEGA dude?

QuoteWe've also announced our internal studio Creative Assembly is working on another Aliens property.

Dear god, what could it mean.  Aliens RPG?  Narf.

King Rathalos

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 09, 2011, 09:17:01 PM
So much awesome in here... anybody notice this from SEGA dude?

QuoteWe've also announced our internal studio Creative Assembly is working on another Aliens property.

Dear god, what could it mean.  Aliens RPG?  Narf.

I think thats the one that will supposedly play like Dead Space which I wouldn't mind. ;D

Salt The Fries

^ It wasn't definetly written by a native English speaker and it shows.

ikarop

Gamespot Video interview:

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318736/

and more nominations:
Quote from: Gearbox
Aliens: Colonial Marines just received two more game of show nominations from IGN and G4TV X-Play!!

Pn2501

That interviewer is some sort of mongoloid.

RagingDragon

While its fun trying to keep up with ikarops rapid-fire updates (I'm sending you some beer, it will be in a Huggies box, don't panic) the Kotaku preview was extraordinary.  That's what I was really wondering about, the gameplay and the aliens themselves.  The story can fly out the window for all I care, I just want it to be realistic, scary, and infintely playable in the end.

I have to say my expectations are back up to the idiotically giddy level.  I'm glad they talked about welding, and it made it sound like you can weld any damn door you want provided you beat the mini-game.  Awesome.  The turret outline made me think that turrets can only go in predesignated spots, but that could be wrong.  Also scripted deaths are cool, but I really hope the aliens can have those awesome kills without a cut-scene :/

But... things are looking great. 

ikarop

ikarop

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That holographic alien at 3:15 is so siiiiiiiiiiiick.  Special edition should come with a mini card of that or something, such beautiful work.  The website appears to be up as well a random fan site? http://alienscolonialmarines.net/

Pitchford also talks about the improvised exosuits, with pulse rifles and flamers welded on (nice) and the importance of competitive multiplayer.  Sweet nectar.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 09, 2011, 10:49:02 PM
That holographic alien at 3:15 is so siiiiiiiiiiiick.  Special edition should come with a mini card of that or something, such beautiful work.  The website appears to be up as well http://alienscolonialmarines.net/

Pitchford also talks about the improvised exosuits, with pulse rifles and flamers welded on (nice) and the importance of competitive multiplayer.  Sweet nectar.

Thats not the official A:CM site. Even though an magazine incorrectly called it one.

RagingDragon

Daggum, thanks Chris will edit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed