The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 116,176 times)

Vakarian

The author of the Kotaku preview has said that Hick's is the android >.>

TyrantGer

Quote from: Vinicius on Jun 09, 2011, 06:23:20 PM
I would like to have a map like Suk Stronghold2 in this game. This is a great map in AvP2 were you barricade yourself, order air strikes and run away from the aliens. Some maps which are just like this would be the best what could happen to Aliens Colonial Marines.

For everyone who doesn't know the map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3eYTWtuss#

Holy shhhheeeeiiittt!! That looks awesome! That's the kind of map I want for A:CM!! Do people still play AvP2 online? I'd reinstall my game just for that map!!

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sierra on Jun 09, 2011, 06:36:42 PM

Probably was typing fast, and meant to add another comma after android.

Vakarian

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 09, 2011, 06:39:09 PM

Yeah, but still surely anyone who writes up previews should double check their work before posting it.

9th_Stew

Kotaku preview is the most extensive review yet :)

Salt The Fries

They are the biggest maniacs ???

Abe

I would like to have a map like Suk Stronghold2 in this game. This is a great map in AvP2 were you barricade yourself, order air strikes and run away from the aliens. Some maps which are just like this would be the best what could happen to Aliens Colonial Marines.

:o
Were can I download that map.
I love the cool features.

ikarop

http://twitter.com/#!/GearboxSoftware/status/78895866789900288

Quote2 more Best of Show nominees for Aliens: Colonial Marines! Thanks @Destructoid and @GamingExcel!

Salt The Fries

By the way, I really hope there will remain some squad-based mechanics in the game and they won't ALIENATE US, grunts...

QuoteThe game is broken up into three acts. Act One takes place aboard the Sulaco. Act Two is on the surface of the planet and Act Three is inside the derelict alien spacecraft seen in the first movie.

What could happen on Sulaco that would warrant a 1/3 game legth's ??? If that's all from this game, then I feel it's a bit forced...

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: TyrantGer on Jun 09, 2011, 06:37:25 PM

Holy shhhheeeeiiittt!! That looks awesome! That's the kind of map I want for A:CM!! Do people still play AvP2 online? I'd reinstall my game just for that map!!
The updated version will be part of the Crucible mappack.

Still pretty undecided.

1. Things seem to be in place, but all the stuff that was promised by the team, not SEGA or ridiculous fan expectations appear to be absent or have been completely marginalized in the main game mode.

2. Canon is pretty loosely defined, if present at all.

Remonster

Quote from: Sierra on Jun 09, 2011, 06:40:18 PM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 09, 2011, 06:39:09 PM

Yeah, but still surely anyone who writes up previews should double check their work before posting it.

Not so easy when you're at E3, and you need to get an article up and keep going. Don't have the time to really check for typos.

Xhan

Quote from: Brother on Jun 09, 2011, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: Moss on Jun 09, 2011, 04:22:43 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jun 09, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
All the previews mention sentry guns, sound pretty clear they are in, but will prolly be available only in certain areas.
If you are right, and theres no door welding idk why I should prefer this game over AvP 2010 Infestation mode  ??? Atleast in AvP 2010 we are not fighting againts bulls   :D

You mean Survivor? Infestation is the one where players mutate.

Anyway, not much chance for it to turn out worse than avp3's survivor, you can't beat running around in a small map doing nothing.

As for the bulls, bad call.

RIGHT TO THE WALL BURKE

Corporal Hicks

The Kotaku preview was pretty good. Explains how the Sulaco arrives back at LV426. My interest is further perked.

MarcusVerus

MarcusVerus

Quote from: TyrantGer on Jun 09, 2011, 06:37:25 PM

There are still some people playing AvP2 online but only a few and it's difficult to find players for Stronghold2 because not many people have this map. It's sad but the game is dying. This is the reason why I hope that Aliens Colonial Marines will have maps like Stronghold2. When some AvP players could create a map like this Gearbox should be able to do even better ones!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed