The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 113,387 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Great One on Jun 08, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
From the gameplay that I saw, the game has a lot of potential to be awesome. Its just there were some annoying things that any fan is going to notice and pick at. The non pulse rifle sounds, ammo magazine not holding 99. The aliens didn't seem like a threat more of something that was in the way.

Well you know, fans like to notice little things. That is through criticism things evolve.
By the way is it really 99 rounds?
I always believed it was actually 95 rounds in the movie but for unknown reasons all the games decided to put 99.

Great One

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 08, 2011, 09:05:27 PM
Quote from: Great One on Jun 08, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
From the gameplay that I saw, the game has a lot of potential to be awesome. Its just there were some annoying things that any fan is going to notice and pick at. The non pulse rifle sounds, ammo magazine not holding 99. The aliens didn't seem like a threat more of something that was in the way.

Well you know, fans like to notice little things. That is through criticism things evolve.
By the way is it really 99 rounds?
I always believed it was actually 95 rounds in the movie but for unknown reasons all the games decided to put 99.

I always thought it was 99 . But in this game the max was 50. And the sound ughh.. It sounded like the smart gun from avp3, the iron sights were pretty cool though.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I'm pretty sure the rounds counts were:
42 when she's training with hicks.
95 when she load what appears a "full" magazine in the Dropship.

If someone can check to verify what I'm saying, I can't load my bluray version right now.

EDIT: Ok I've just checked the USCM Technical Manual. 99 is the number but they apparently don't feed the magazine with all the rounds in order to reduce the auto-loader's tendency of the jam. They instead filled it at 95%.
So 95 rounds to have a full functional Pulse Rifle.

Space Sweeper

Called the ultra-touchiness before anybody saw/read a preview.

Teaser= SO f**kING HYPED!!  :o
Previews= f**k THIS GAME!!  >:(

Great One

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 08, 2011, 09:42:38 PM
Called the ultra-touchiness before anybody saw/read a preview.

Teaser= SO f**kING HYPED!!  :o
Previews= f**k THIS GAME!!  >:(

Lol, it wasn't that bad. Just needs A LOT of work, glad they pushed back.

Space Sweeper

Nah, I personally like the sound of it. It's obviously all spliced together gameplay segents for the demo in a fast-paced fashion "in the interest of time".

Salt The Fries

You want to have those moments where you want to find out what happened to Berkman, or what happened to Hudson when he got pulled underground.

Who's Berkman ???

SpaceMarines

Liking the sound of the game from the previews. Can't say much about the 'bull' Alien without actually seeing it.

I'm still hyped for this game.

Oh, and LV-426 has sometimes been called LB-426. No error there, they're just using the less popular name.

Vrastal

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 07, 2011, 07:44:35 PM
Are those Wii U screenshots or from the other consoles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJNo4kzLzY#ws about 40 seconds into the video there is a tidbit about Aliens:CM

Salt The Fries

I hate how Alien 3 is taken for granted, makes me hate Aliens even more.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Yah it bothers me too considering I have accepted ALIEN 3 for what it was... and it still beats A:R, AvP and AvP:R by a LONG shot. Don't worry its probably not that guy's real opinion. He just stated it in the video cause that is how the mainstream audience views ALIEN 3. Thats what all of them do.  If you ask me. ALIEN 3 is your pretty good above average sci-fi movie like The Thing or Pitch Black whereas ALIEN and ALIENS are both classic movies that have influenced entertainment more times than can be named.

RagingDragon

Lol, yes nice opinion about Alien3.  Wank.  Anyway great to see some things.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 09, 2011, 01:54:19 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Jun 08, 2011, 11:02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJNo4kzLzY#ws

Douchebag.

I was also going to all him a douche bag but was afraid people (any of his fans) would be quick to defend him.

Space Sweeper

hail gnaw, I only like Jessica Chobot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed