The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 112,425 times)

ikarop

ikarop

For anyone interested, no filming of any gameplay shown at GBX's Community Day will be allowed either.

ikarop

First image inside the booth

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 08, 2011, 07:19:22 PM
I'm sorry but that sounds so flipping awesome.  Scrolling through the blue schematics to find PDTs or the best places to barricade?  Sweeping the WiiU around as the motion tracker, with the readout actually moving, pings coming from the speakers, and the results being represented on the game screen for your friends to see?  That's unreal, and would keep me playing this game for a long, long time.
I have to agree. It does sound pretty damn awesome. :D Wii U is looking more and more badass. \m/

RagingDragon

Then why get the fans all hyped about E3?  I mean it's good the game isn't dead, but come on.  I at least expected a little gameplay, maybe a developer interview, but that's too much to ask of the holy ones.  Thanks for wasting my time for 2 days.  Ah, good old SEGA; they must specialize in surgically pissing off their customers.

Let me be the first to enthusiastically say
Spoiler
[close]

I apologize for the feely feelings, and thanks for keeping us abreast, Ikarop.  The messenger must live, but the evil must die.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

And when gearbox will give you a full 5 mins of gameplay video what will you say?
"Where's the DEMO!!!!!!"  ::) We got 3 pictures, one teaser and several seconds of gameplay.

It's more than enough knowing there is still several months before its release.
I don't want them to spoil everything and I'd rather have things coming one by one rather than having everything know and waits 8 months before it get to gold.

Anyway concerning the game itself, since Day 1 of its announcement and later with the first pictures released and informations, I had the feeling I would not like this game.
I'm sorry to say so and that my lack of faith is disturbing but... I just have bad feeling about this game.
Especially when I hear things like:

QuoteWe're trying to do that spiritual successor but also create that sequel everyone always wanted
This sentence from randy disturbs me a lot.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm a little pissed, too. We've been strung along on this game for what seems like an eternity. Promise after promise that they're going to reveal some new info, screens, etc. "within the next few days". None fulfilled. Now, E3'11 is here, and what do we get? Basically denied. :'( WTF? >:(

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 08, 2011, 08:39:46 PM
QuoteWe're trying to do that spiritual successor but also create that sequel everyone always wanted
This sentence from randy disturbs me a lot.
Yeah, me too. :-[

Le Celticant

There is still one day... "Within the next few days" doesn't mean it'll be Day 1 or 2.
Just it'll be at the E3, could be any day even the very last one.

RagingDragon

It was the community day thing that pushed me over the edge.  Don't want to show anything at E3?  Whatever that's fine, but at least give us a little insight on community day.  What community is it for, exactly, if not the fans?  It's like they're afraid of people seeing their game.

I'm just turned off by the whole behind-closed-doors attitude.  They shouldn't have promoted it so hard to give everyone the finger that isn't in the industry.  Guess I'll just shut up and wait ;D.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 08, 2011, 08:35:23 PM

Then why get the fans all hyped about E3?  I mean it's good the game isn't dead, but come on.  I at least expected a little gameplay, maybe a developer interview, but that's too much to ask of the holy ones.  Thanks for wasting my time for 2 days.  Ah, good old SEGA; they must specialize in surgically pissing off their customers.

Let me be the first to enthusiastically say
Spoiler
[close]

I apologize for the feely feelings, and thanks for keeping us abreast, Ikarop.  The messenger must live, but the evil must die.

Don't be so harsh. Interviews will be coming. I believe Kotaku's one is coming next week, and Gamespot recorded some video interviews with GBX and Sega just a while ago too. I wouldn't give up on gameplay footage either :). Sometimes we just need to wait a bit longer than expected.

Great One

From the gameplay that I saw, the game has a lot of potential to be awesome. Its just there were some annoying things that any fan is going to notice and pick at. The non pulse rifle sounds, ammo magazine not holding 99. The aliens didn't seem like a threat more of something that was in the way.

newbeing

Quote from: Great One on Jun 08, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
From the gameplay that I saw, the game has a lot of potential to be awesome. Its just there were some annoying things that any fan is going to notice and pick at. The non pulse rifle sounds, ammo magazine not holding 99. The aliens didn't seem like a threat more of something that was in the way.

How would you describe the crusher alien's appearance?

RagingDragon

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 08, 2011, 08:47:15 PM
Don't be so harsh. Interviews will be coming. I believe Kotaku's one is coming next week, and Gamespot recorded some video interviews with GBX and Sega just a while ago too. I wouldn't give up on gameplay footage either :). Sometimes we just need to wait a bit longer than expected.

A-ffirmative.  Thats great news.

Great One

First I thought it was just a overgrown praetorian. But it actually cool being that it was the only suspense and excitement. Look distaff to running your ass off

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed