The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 113,401 times)

brokentusk420

Man everything looks awesome except the fact they kept that stupid f**king tail that Anderson used to bastardize the original alien design. They need to drop the horrible designs of the Aliens in the AVP movies and go back to the basics. I thought this was suppose to take place after the events of Aliens??? I don't remember them having that stupid tail!!!! BUrn Anderson, burn for your poor film making experience, and burn for ever even thinking you could make a decent Alien or Predator ANYTHING!!!!!

Purebreedalien

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jun 08, 2011, 05:41:22 PM
Man everything looks awesome except the fact they kept that stupid f**king tail that Anderson used to bastardize the original alien design. They need to drop the horrible designs of the Aliens in the AVP movies and go back to the basics. I thought this was suppose to take place after the events of Aliens??? I don't remember them having that stupid tail!!!! BUrn Anderson, burn for your poor film making experience, and burn for ever even thinking you could make a decent Alien or Predator ANYTHING!!!!!

That's all well and good but it was ADI who designed the Aliens in AvP, and they've had those tails since Resurrection.

Xenoegg

Get a Life kid  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Alright, enough. I don't want any arguments or insults breaking out here.

RagingDragon

Pulse rifle still has iron sights.  Alien animation looks good I think, besides the alien was in fact running away from the player?  Maybe trying to dodge.  Facehugger grab was okay as long as you don't do it every time (f**king AvP3!) and I hope they are more like AvP2 facehuggers than AvP3; fast, scary as hell, hugged before you knew what even happened.

I'll never forget that facehugger scream and the first time I got hugged in AvP2.  Smeared in my drawers, I tell you.  Next playthrough I ran in flamethrower blazing. 

Sexy Poot

Running away cause he knew running straight into the barrel of a gun would end in a favorable result for him. Smart tactics if u ask me. Love that they retreat now.

Xhan

The more previews we see, and info we get, the more bizarre  90's manga unlicensed fan fiction  "homage" this game becomes.

Kinda like Star Trek Nemesis.

But that turned out alright, right?

PHANTOM

The game looks worse than AVP3.

I hate the way the Marine is holding the Pulse Rifle and tracker, it's way too stiff and not fluid at all.

The way the Alien is reacting to gun fire is sad and the graphics look dated from the gameplay footage. The Marine grabbing the facehugger looks extremely unrealistic, AVP3 on the other hand when an Alien grabs a Marine or Predator looked like the real thing.

I was much more impressed by what I saw from AVP3 when it first showed up on this site.

Maybe what the fans are seeing from the demo inside E3 could be much better, but either way I'm a sucker for these types of games and I'm sure I'll like it in the end.

MarcusVerus

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 08, 2011, 06:53:01 PM
The game looks worse than AVP3.

I hate the way the Marine is holding the Pulse Rifle and tracker, it's way too stiff and not fluid at all.

The way the Alien is reacting to gun fire is sad and the graphics look dated from the gameplay footage. The Marine grabbing the facehugger looks extremely unrealistic, AVP3 on the other hand when an Alien grabs a Marine or Predator looked like the real thing.

I was much more impressed by what I saw from AVP3 when it first showed up on this site.

Maybe what the fans are seeing from the demo inside E3 could be much better, but either way I'm a sucker for these types of games and I'm sure I'll like it in the end.

AvP3 looked good when it was first shown but it ended up as a great disapointment for most of the fans. Maybe A:CM does not look as good as AvP3 at the moment but I hope it will end up better than the AvP game.

Darkness

Apparently, that footage from the Wii U isn't even from the Wii U. They used 360/ps3 footage.

ikarop

Randy on WiiU: http://kotaku.com/5810010/

QuoteEarlier this week we learned that Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming to the Wii U. Today the developer explained some of the really cool ways you'll be playing the game with Nintendo's tablet-like controller for their new console.

The most important thing Randy Pitchford told us during our discussion about the Wii U version of the game with him today, is that the high-definition first-person shooter will be completely playable on the Wii U controller with the television off. That means you can play through the entire shooter on the tablet's screen while someone is watching television.

There are also a lot of very neat things players will be doing with that screen-touting controller as well in the game, Pitchford says.

The device will, at times, become the game's motion tracker, a device in the fiction of the Alien universe that can track the location of enemies and friendlies by their motion. Pitchford explained that players may be asked to sweep their controller around them, looking for approaching enemies, which will show up as blips on the display of the controller.

The Wii U controller will also become a fully interactive map at times. In this mode, players will be able to play with a full map of the area much like we see Private William Hudson doing in the movie Aliens.

Finally, Pitchford said that players will use the display on the controller to play a mini-game used to hack doors in the game.

It was obvious that these were just some of the ideas that Gearbox have been playing around with for the implementation of the game on Nintendo's Wii U.

"The Wii U is really bad ass," he said. "We have a lot of great ideas that we're already working on."

I asked Pitchford if we could expect to see his studio's game on the Playstation Vita or 3DS and he said that not as of now, but it sounded like the studio may still be playing around with the idea of bringing it to the Vita down the line.

RagingDragon

I'm sorry but that sounds so flipping awesome.  Scrolling through the blue schematics to find PDTs or the best places to barricade?  Sweeping the WiiU around as the motion tracker, with the readout actually moving, pings coming from the speakers, and the results being represented on the game screen for your friends to see?  That's unreal, and would keep me playing this game for a long, long time.

Left and right, little buddy.

Also a stiff critique from Phantom, but if I'm to go on the logic that you liked AvP3 trailers and the end result was blah, then you think this is blah so the end result will be great? :)

skull-splitter

Man everything looks awesome except the fact they kept that stupid f**king tail that Anderson used to bastardize the original alien design.

Fail. It was the good old A:R alien that was used for AvP, including tail, which got a fin for the swimming part of the film.

locusta

So we finally see the mysterious Bull-Alien-King

JK! Chesus, hell NOT!!!!

Even though that Bruce Hansing did a technically nice (but total OFF canon) job with the above sculpt (done in early 90´s in pre-pre-production of ALIEN3)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed