The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 112,417 times)

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 07, 2011, 05:16:35 PM
Video added to the first page of this post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng-Ze74TBF8#ws

oh holy shit i didnt see this when'd it go viral?
this is what people were talking about with the pulse rifle sounds being gone, i think they did that to correspond with the pulse rifles in alien 3 just sounding like machine guns....great

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Spartan113 on Jun 07, 2011, 07:41:42 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jun 07, 2011, 07:28:22 PM
From Sega's Blog:

QuoteMoving to the next corner of the booth, we find the Aliens Colonial Marines theater. This is an enclosed space for people to get a private showing of what the game has to offer.

Ugh...  :-\

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2117/5808783319_06378bc9f2.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/5809346034_b7be5cd49c.jpg

How the hell could they do that to us?! >:( :'(

doesnt shock me they obviously dont give a f**k about the fans, fox and sega kinda act like Weyland Yutani. our opinions are expendable cool doppleganger but this is getting ridiculous

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 08, 2011, 01:45:29 AM
Quote from: Xeno on Jun 08, 2011, 01:36:03 AM
In a live gameplay demo, we got a chance to see many familiar elements from the movie. It opens with a ship crashing onto the surface of LB-426.

LB-426?

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/250/6/9/comic_book_guy_by_jimboy_sk8s-d2y9ind.jpg

Sounds strange otherwise. They talking about a Praetorian?  :-\
Hopefully a Preatorian.
And I officially let it sink in.
What they described seems like a gigantic "hype up the fans like hell" level.
Like.... It doesn't seem like that could lead into a story at all.
I don't think (and hope) it isn't an actual level in the game and wonder if maybe it just looks better than it seems if it's really being nominated for game of the show.

Prime113

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 08, 2011, 01:57:34 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 08, 2011, 01:45:29 AM
Quote from: Xeno on Jun 08, 2011, 01:36:03 AM
In a live gameplay demo, we got a chance to see many familiar elements from the movie. It opens with a ship crashing onto the surface of LB-426.

LB-426?

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/250/6/9/comic_book_guy_by_jimboy_sk8s-d2y9ind.jpg

Sounds strange otherwise. They talking about a Praetorian?  :-\
Hopefully a Preatorian.
And I officially let it sink in.
What they described seems like a gigantic "hype up the fans like hell" level.
Like.... It doesn't seem like that could lead into a story at all.
I don't think (and hope) it isn't an actual level in the game and wonder if maybe it just looks better than it seems if it's really being nominated for game of the show.

Yeah. They way the described it did seem a little fast. Like meeting a Queen right off the bat. Idk, I'm gonna stay pumped for this game though.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jun 07, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
I brought up the tail last week too. Sucks but besides that, the hands and the open side mouth, its all cameron. I can live with those if the atmosphere and sound is great, and so far, they nailed them both. Listen to the Alien screeches in the Wii U trailer and tell me u didnt get a little fat and giggily.

you know i said that same thing after i watched the trailer to PREDATORS, and the preds sounded like retarded bear dogs

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Spartan113 on Jun 08, 2011, 02:00:41 AM

Yeah. They way the described it did seem a little fast. Like meeting a Queen right off the bat. Idk, I'm gonna stay pumped for this game though.

Yah it was most likely edited. Remember in the E3 demo for AvP2010 how we saw the Pred-Xeno at the end. Same thing here, they edited it around a bit to show the game off more.

Also, I think the Rhino Xeno comparison is really bad. I doubt its gonna be a big fat bulky rhino like Xeno. Its probably gonna be a bigger than average Xeno needs to run on all fours and has a big Queen/Praetorian like head. <-- thats my assumption at least.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2011, 07:56:20 PM
Dude those aliens look... so awesome.  Tail withstanding, dear Gearbox - if you're gonna keep the damn dragon tail, please absolutely nail the rest of the model.  I'm pleased, overall.  The head is the biggest deal for me, and its straight Aliens awesomeness.

At least we don't have 30 foot grid tails  ;D.

hah right dude

sjs41390

Game Informer posted their experience with the demo that they were shown.  Probably what was offered inside the Hadley's Hope E3 setting.  Check it out here:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/aliens_colonial_marines/b/xbox360/archive/2011/06/07/from-out-of-the-shadows.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Well it's exciting to finally get something, tight-lipped bastards :D.

I'm jacked to learn about the different types of Aliens, as long as it doesn't get ridiculous and turn into Left 4 Dead - Bug Hunt Mode.

Edit - LMFAO - From gamespot preview:
Quotethe old buddy armored-head big alien smash down the walls Kool-Aid man style and darted for the first player. The bug grabbed the soldier and devoured him into its gapping maw.

Prepare for battle.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 08, 2011, 12:04:34 AM
Or its not standing.
It could be sort of squating, legs bent, back straight, feet holding it upside down.

And I think the PR we've seen is a different model. The one in the "new" shot has no sights or such.
No, no. I'm referring to the mass of the Alien relative to the Marine (it's immediate proximity can't make it much clearer), and comparing it to the full scale puppet used in "Aliens". I assume the Marine is of average height and build. Either that, or the Marine is about 7'1" or 7'2".

Honestly, this has become expected. Not wanted, but expected. For over a decade the Aliens have been portrayed in various games with a much shorter, skinnier build and far less physical prowess than what we've seen in the films.

Spaghetti

Quote"Aliens" was about well-armed, well-trained soldiers killing hundreds and hundreds of aliens in a hail of bullets.

eeehhh.

QuoteThe rest of the demo became a fight for survival, as the squad raced away from the hordes, right into the face of a brand new varient of xenomorph: The Crusher. You know how that alien who invested the dog in "Alien 3" was pretty nasty? Well, imagine that dog was a rhino and you're half way there.

sounds kinda dumb. But ill wait to see the footage myself.

Brother

Quoterhino alien

Quotebefore it's kicked in the head

Obama promised change, the bastard.

Huol

Oh joy.
Kenner.
The game.

Byohzrd

it sounds as if they are describing a Praetorian,  ::), in one article they even said the crest is reminiscent of the queens. I for one can't picture any Queen bursting into combat. I feel it would be FORCED into combat, or wait until the enemy was closer to the hive. A praetorian WOULD burst into combat via the new bay door it created.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed