The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside!

Started by ikarop, Jun 07, 2011, 03:17:14 PM

Author
The E3 Thread - New Screenshots, Previews and Articles Inside! (Read 116,951 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 07, 2011, 11:59:28 PM

On another note, the new screens are pretty freak'n sick. However, regarding the screen with the inverted Alien behind the marine: I'd say it's pretty damned evident the warriors are indeed a bit too small. Again. :-[

Could be the angle. We probably won't get a good estimation of Size for the Xenos until we get some real gameplay footage. Not just little clips here and there but a straight piece of footage.

SpaceMarines

Liked those screenshots. Glad to hear they're pretty old, which means some polishing has hopefully happened in the meantime.

Space Sweeper

GearboxSoftware Tweeted:
QuoteThe cast of Chuck just stopped by to check out Aliens: Colonial Marines! #SegaE3 #ColonialMarines
If Jeff and Lester saw this game before I did, I'm pulling my grenade pin.

newbeing

PezRadar (AdamF):
QuoteOXM and Game Informer have nominated Aliens: Colonial Marines for E3 Game of Show!!

SpaceMarines

Oh, shit. Things are looking great. :)

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 08, 2011, 01:11:13 AM
GearboxSoftware Tweeted:
QuoteThe cast of Chuck just stopped by to check out Aliens: Colonial Marines! #SegaE3 #ColonialMarines

I want pics of Strahovski and Baldwin with the USCM.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

initial stages but still not bad-again the tail but what ever. i have low standereds and im only saying that not so later im blown outa my seat, i like the graphics i wouldnt even care if they were avp 2 pc graphics i just hope the story is as excellent as aliens itself and would be charmed if the gameplay is deadspace 2-oriented, and fluidity of movement with the charactors and their environment. i dont even know why im blogging

stay frosty guys

predxeno

Another Power Loader vs. Queen battle?  Isn't that getting old or something? :-\

newbeing

First preview I've seen mentioning the demo

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/06/07/aliens-colonial-marines-preview-e3-2011/

QuoteIn the week leading up to E3, I was peppered with enough random "Aliens" gear to choke a xenomorph. But modded nerf guns and bloody doll heads aren't the same as seeing "Aliens: Colonial Marines" in action, which I had the chance to do just a few minutes ago.

Gearbox Software has been developing "Colonial Marines" for years now, but they finally took the wraps off the game at this year's E3. Randy Pitchford, the CEO of Gearbox, is referring to this game as the "true sequel to 'Aliens.'" He was quick to follow that statement up by showing his respect for "Alien 3," while saying that it's a very different movie than aliens. After all, it's just one alien against a group of untrained survivors. "Aliens" was about well-armed, well-trained soldiers killing hundreds and hundreds of aliens in a hail of bullets. And that's definitely the tone of "Aliens: Colonial Marines."

Although the demo started out quietly, with a small squad of marines investigating Hadley's Hope (the ravaged colony from "Aliens"), things quickly went south.

The classic "Aliens" motion sensor is back, with the hitch being that you have to shoulder your rifle while using it. In the demo, the familiar ping heralded certain doom, as the squad was assaulted from floor and ceiling vents by full-sized xenomorphs.

The rest of the demo became a fight for survival, as the squad raced away from the hordes, right into the face of a brand new varient of xenomorph: The Crusher. You know how that alien who invested the dog in "Alien 3" was pretty nasty? Well, imagine that dog was a rhino and you're half way there.

The race from The Crusher led the squad into an armory packed to the gills with pulse rifles and auto turrets. Unfortunately it was also a dead end. Where better to set up an fire-filled last stand with placed turrets and aliens pouring out of the walls? It was around this time that Randy showed off the 4-player, drop-in, drop-out co-op for the game, which runs through the entire campaign and doesn't require a checkpoint reload.

Things ended poorly, predictably, with the massive Alien queen bursting through a steel door, tossing a power lifter like it was a LEGO truck. Yeah, that's aliens for ya. Always ending on a downer.

King Rathalos

That Crushers going to piss off a lot of people.
Spoiler
:laugh:
[close]

Space Sweeper

Quote from: newbeing on Jun 08, 2011, 01:20:53 AM
PezRadar (AdamF):
QuoteOXM and Game Informer have nominated Aliens: Colonial Marines for E3 Game of Show!!
THAT is incredibly good news.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 08, 2011, 01:21:44 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 08, 2011, 01:11:13 AM
GearboxSoftware Tweeted:

I want pics of Strahovski and Baldwin with the USCM.
Hell, I want them in the armor.

Xeno

Another one from Game Informer:

QuoteIn a live gameplay demo, we got a chance to see many familiar elements from the movie. It opens with a ship crashing onto the surface of LB-426. The player comes to with a fellow Marine asking if he's all right. The response is a quick middle finger.

The Marines start sweeping the area, walking through the medical bay with tubes of facehuggers suspended in fluid. A tracker starts pinging its familiar sound, though it doesn't detect anything. For now. After a few moments, the squad comes upon a reinforced steel door that's been torn open by something with obvious strength. After walking into a ruined operations area, a member of the squad screams as a xenomorph tears through the ceiling and attacks.

The rest can be read here: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/aliens_colonial_marines/b/xbox360/archive/2011/06/07/from-out-of-the-shadows.aspx

Cap. Fitzgerald

Both of those are relatively the same.
Well, ok. Seems fine I just hope the new alien types aren't kenner style mutant aliens.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Xeno on Jun 08, 2011, 01:36:03 AM
In a live gameplay demo, we got a chance to see many familiar elements from the movie. It opens with a ship crashing onto the surface of LB-426.

LB-426?

Sounds strange otherwise. They talking about a Praetorian?  :-\

chupacabras acheronsis

Dear god, those sound retarded.

Prime113

Ahhhh! Is is so pysched! Room full of PR's and Turrets? Hell yeah. A Marine asking another if he's OK after their ship crashed, then getting flipped off? Hell yeah!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed