Viking Predator - October DLC

Started by RidgeTop, Oct 26, 2020, 07:10:34 PM

Author
Viking Predator - October DLC (Read 12,473 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Dafuk?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntingGrounds/comments/jik6r7/somebody_goofed/

Well this is disappointing... I want Mr. Scar. Seems like they're trying to ride of the hype of the new Assassin's Creed release.

I'm sure Narin fans will appreciate the axe though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 26, 2020, 07:10:34 PM
Dafuk?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntingGrounds/comments/jik6r7/somebody_goofed/

Dafuk? seconded!

QuoteWell this is disappointing... I want Mr. Scar. Seems like they're trying to ride of the hype of the new Assassin's Creed release

Some said the same thing with the Samurai / Ghost of Tsushima .

Kailem

Kailem

Whoa!

Looks cool, though the patterning under the eyes makes it look a bit too busy imo. But that could just be this pic. But definitely not what I was expecting the next DLC character to be!

If they really wanted to get in on the hype for the hottest new video game release though they'd have done a Cyberpunk Predator instead! :laugh:

bendinglight

Looks like it isn't available on the Epic storage anymore. But I agree with RidgeTop: disappointing.

I really hope an updated roadmap is offered at the official release of the DLC.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 26, 2020, 08:26:23 PM
Whoa!

Looks cool, though the patterning under the eyes makes it look a bit too busy imo. But that could just be this pic. But definitely not what I was expecting the next DLC character to be!

If they really wanted to get in on the hype for the hottest new video game release though they'd have done a Cyberpunk Predator instead! :laugh:

:laugh:

SuperiorIronman

While I really like the idea of a Viking Predator, it does make me wonder if they can't use Scar due to the Alien connection and they had to change Predators. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 26, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
While I really like the idea of a Viking Predator, it does make me wonder if they can't use Scar due to the Alien connection and they had to change Predators.

I'm suspicious of the same. Maybe they hoped to use it, but due to AvP licensing, ultimately couldn't.

PAS Spinelli

if it's due to licensing, they could still turn Scar into some other new Predator with what they already have

Voodoo Magic

What's killing me guys is why hasn't Illfonic increased the percentage in the map randomization for the new Excavation map... at least for the first month. I've spent a couple hours playing Fireteam more than once without ever landing on the new map and it boggles my mind why it was released this way.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 26, 2020, 10:02:15 PM
What's killing me guys is why hasn't Illfonic increased the percentage in the map randomization for the new Excavation map... at least for the first month. I've spent a couple hours playing Fireteam more than once without ever landing on the new map and it boggles my mind why it was released this way.
With illfonic it's 3 steps forward and 2 backward

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 26, 2020, 09:56:45 PM
if it's due to licensing, they could still turn Scar into some other new Predator with what they already have

I suspect that may be what Viking is but I guess we wont know for sure until he drops. Looks like the skin the promo uses is the default. I did kind of hope for a more unique face but if it wasn't the case for Samurai I guess it wont be the case here.

It might be the angle but I think he has longer dreads.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

It just also looks out of place, a Viking Predator out in the jungle. I suspended my disbelief for the Samurai as it is, but now its kind of silly.

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 26, 2020, 08:26:23 PM
Whoa!

Bring back Scarface with the Dark Blade Clan armor. That already looks very cyberpunk futuristic than any Pred design I've ever seen.

Awwww now a Cyberpunk world would be an ideal story background for a Predator game/story. Like you seen all that crazy new tech, gear, and weapons with just the city environment in Cyberpunk 2077, how can a Predator resist such ripe hunting grounds?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 27, 2020, 02:17:32 AM
Awwww now a Cyberpunk world would be an ideal story background for a Predator game/story. Like you seen all that crazy new tech, gear, and weapons with just the city environment in Cyberpunk 2077, how can a Predator resist such ripe hunting grounds?

Actually, I think we pretty much got that in the Predator: Concrete Jungle video game. Just thinking about it makes me want to revisit it.  :)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 27, 2020, 02:30:32 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 27, 2020, 02:17:32 AM

Actually, I think we pretty much got that in the Predator: Concrete Jungle video game. Just thinking about it makes me want to revisit it.  :)

Yes technically.......but no.

Don't get me wrong, I love Concrete Jungle, but it never actually hit much on the cyberpunkness that I always seen on artwork or other games that makes me wanna go in and explore. It was only at the near end of the game where we get some form of actual futuristic atmosphere instead of a run down section of a city with some crumb elements like flying cars or battle robots here and there, and even then that doesn't last long as not only its linear but we head inside the Borgia Industries building soon after.

I mean give me an actual game with a visual world like Cyberpunk 2077. Combine that with a gameplay style like the Batman Arkham series and we have something delicious cooking up!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 27, 2020, 03:16:20 AM
I mean give me an actual game with a visual world like Cyberpunk 2077. Combine that with a gameplay style like the Batman Arkham series and we have something delicious cooking up!

Well when you put it that way... Hellz yeah! Sign me up!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed