Michael Biehn finally needs a break to reprise his role as Hicks

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 24, 2015, 04:23:47 AM

Author
Michael Biehn finally needs a break to reprise his role as Hicks (Read 7,994 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 24, 2015, 08:27:13 AM
He's definitely better than most of the 80s action dreck, but that doesn't say much.

He's like an American Cristopher Lambert on a double-dose of qualude and valium, suffering from aggressive hemorrhoids.
Oh man you're on a roll tonight. What happened? No need to dish the man.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 24, 2015, 04:39:18 AMI'd think his rumoured trouble with alcoholism and kinda-sorta burning some of his bridges when he went after the Alien 3 production kept him from "huge success"

He also seems to have no sense/luck when it comes to choosing roles.

They wanted him for The Usual Suspects, but he turned it down because he "didn't understand it". Not a smart choice.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 24, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 24, 2015, 04:39:18 AMI'd think his rumoured trouble with alcoholism and kinda-sorta burning some of his bridges when he went after the Alien 3 production kept him from "huge success"

He also seems to have no sense/luck when it comes to choosing roles.

They wanted him for The Usual Suspects, but he turned it down because he "didn't understand it". Not a smart choice.

Wow!  Bad call!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2015, 04:50:54 AM
Fox obviously didn't hold the grudge long enough to keep him away from A:CM.  Then again, maybe that was their evil plan all along...

Fox already got even with him after they surreptitiously impregnated Hicks in Alien 3.

T Dog

I doubt Biehn will be in this.

Remember when Blomkamp originally showed off the concept art he mentioned that some one of them were just for fun?
Well I'm guessing that was the alternative A3 art with Weaver and Biehn.

I'm guessing this movie will follow Ripley 8 with no Hicks. Every possible angle to include Hicks just seems like such a contrivance.

Perfect-Organism

This is not a contrivance at all.  If you ignore the bad juju that has been the hallmark of the series since Alien 3 and just continue where Aliens left off, maybe a decade or 2 later then it makes perfect sense.  Biehn would fit right in.  If you go on the Michael Biehn FB page, you will see that he is actually asking people to support the idea.  I hope Fox let's him Mickey Rourke this thing.  Biehn is an acting genius and I am convinced that given this opportunity, he can shine again...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 24, 2015, 07:50:43 PMBiehn is an acting genius and I am convinced that given this opportunity, he can shine again...

I like Biehn, but let's try and keep things real. Acting genius? Not even close.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 24, 2015, 03:12:03 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2015, 04:50:54 AM
Fox obviously didn't hold the grudge long enough to keep him away from A:CM.  Then again, maybe that was their evil plan all along...

Fox already got even with him after they surreptitiously impregnated Hicks in Alien 3.

Finally, a believer!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 24, 2015, 10:00:14 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 24, 2015, 08:27:13 AM
He's definitely better than most of the 80s action dreck, but that doesn't say much.

He's like an American Cristopher Lambert on a double-dose of qualude and valium, suffering from aggressive hemorrhoids.
Oh man you're on a roll tonight. What happened? No need to dish the man.

But honestly, what's up with the Beihn adoration? He is so mediocre and dull and not in a good way.

Mister Skeezler

I'd say he's really good at being consistent.

Perfect-Organism

What was consistent between his role in Aliens vs. the Abyss?  Both were soldiers, yet he played both so differently and brilliantly that it was like a different person was playing the role.  The man has a great dynamic, just bad opportunities for some reason...

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 24, 2015, 08:52:17 PM
What was consistent between his role in Aliens vs. the Abyss?  Both were soldiers, yet he played both so differently and brilliantly that it was like a different person was playing the role.  The man has a great dynamic, just bad opportunities for some reason...

I didn't say he's bad, I said he's consistent. And his character in the Abyss is basically Hicks with Nitrogen Psychosis. His character in Terminator is Hicks fighting the Terminator. His character in Navy Seals is modern-day Hicks.

He's consistent. When you need a hammer, you have a hammer. When you need a Hicks, you have Michael Biehn.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 24, 2015, 08:59:15 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 24, 2015, 08:52:17 PM

I didn't say he's bad, I said he's consistent. And his character in the Abyss is basically Hicks with Nitrogen Psychosis. His character in Terminator is Hicks fighting the Terminator. His character in Navy Seals is modern-day Hicks.

He's consistent. When you need a hammer, you have a hammer. When you need a Hicks, you have Michael Biehn.

Spot on.

windebieste

Ya.  He'd be suitable for voice acting as Hicks in a Saturday morning 'ALIENS' cartoon.   

That's about it, though.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed