Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 81,501 times)

Nathsp

Nathsp

The first trailer was shit, even me who adore predaror was dissapointed, then the testscreens that also were bad...
Theres a lot of talented directors capables of doing amazing action horror sci fi movies, dont bring divas like scott or black, they are not interested in the coherence of the saga, they want to push their stuff, even if its shit

The Old One

The Old One

I have considerable more interest in a Director with identity.

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 27, 2018, 07:28:51 PM
Don't forget the trailer for Prometheus was amazing. Lots of buzz surrounding that trailer.

Damn I don't even remember that trailer.

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 27, 2018, 08:07:17 PM
Plus it was an "event" what with Ridley Scott returning to the Alien franchise for the first time, as as well marking the first time he'd made another sci-fi movie since Blade Runner. The Predator never had anywhere near as much hype behind it.

Ridley was the hype. But for Covenant it wasn't enough.

In the end despite being expensive Covenant and The Predator still could have made more money, other variables prevented that.

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 27, 2018, 10:19:11 PM
The first trailer was shit, even me who adore predaror was dissapointed, then the testscreens that also were bad...

None of The Predator trailers gave me any hype. Predator 2 trailer was cheesy as f**k but still exciting.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 27, 2018, 09:21:44 PM
Maybe the only way left to do this is to bring Arnold back and team him up with a formidable A-list star. Which is what I thought The Predator was going to do when first announced in 2014.

I think a film with a solid story, true to the lore of the character would be a good start.  I don't think I'd want to see Arnie return, but if he did, I'd prefer it to be something more than him being hunted alongside his posse.  As much as I disliked The Predator, I do tip my hat to it for at least trying something outside the formula.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 28, 2018, 02:01:38 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 27, 2018, 07:28:51 PM
Don't forget the trailer for Prometheus was amazing. Lots of buzz surrounding that trailer.

Damn I don't even remember that trailer.

It played really well in a dark theater. I remember hearing the audience react positive to it in several different occasions, especially during the last minute of it.

CristianoRonaldo7

The Predator(Shane Black) looked cheap as hell. Bad photography. The ugly truth is Ridley Scott is a way, way, way better Director than Shane.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Sep 30, 2018, 11:13:05 PM
The Predator(Shane Black) looked cheap as hell. Bad photography. The ugly truth is Ridley Scott is a way, way, way better Director than Shane.

You don't even need to bring Ridley for comparison, Shane is on Brothers Strause level.

viendammage

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 01, 2018, 02:56:25 AM

You don't even need to bring Ridley for comparison, Shane is on Brothers Strause level.

That's ridiculous to me. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, The Nice Guys are all excellent while AVPR is one of the worst films of all time. The Predator was a surprising step back but still miles beyond Requiem.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: viendammage on Oct 01, 2018, 04:26:14 AM

That's ridiculous to me. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, The Nice Guys are all excellent while AVPR is one of the worst films of all time. The Predator was a surprising step back but still miles beyond Requiem.
I sttoped reading after the iron man 3 excelent movie.
Now seriously, shane black is good if he has a new movie, if he has to do a sequel bad things happen.
Scott is good in visuals, if he has to create a story he delivers serious turds, if you look at his filmography he has good movies, but also some important turds...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 01, 2018, 07:56:31 AM

Iron Man 3 is both a critically and financially successful film, now if you like it or not is up to you, but don't act like your opinion weights in more that the average Joe's.

If you can't read/handle other peoples opinion because they don't match yours then you got a problem, no one else.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 01, 2018, 10:07:48 AM
Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 01, 2018, 07:56:31 AM

Iron Man 3 is both a critically and financially successful film, now if you like it or not is up to you, but don't act like your opinion weights in more that the average Joe's.

If you can't read/handle other peoples opinion because they don't match yours then you got a problem, no one else.

Relax, i was joking, anyway iron man 3, at least by most of the people i know is a bad movie,  in my opinion it is, of course i respect you like it.
If you take a diffetent opinion an attack, and more if its joking, the problem is up to you.
And more if you cant se being objective that the predator, or at least 2/3 of the movie, is a complete mess

Russ840

Iron man 3, to me, is the best film of the 3.  Perhaps not the best 'Iron Man' movie but i find it to be a better film overal.  I just cant help but love me some Shane Black dialogue.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 01, 2018, 03:37:08 PM
Iron man 3, to me, is the best film of the 3.  Perhaps not the best 'Iron Man' movie but i find it to be a better film overal.  I just cant help but love me some Shane Black dialogue.

I think iron man 1 is miles away from 2 and 3.. I even preffee iron man 2 than 3..

BigDaddyJohn

Aaaand, as usual, people don't care about cinema, and whine about their beloved character not treated the way THEY wanted it to be...

Wysps

Wysps

I think there are people who do take it a little too personally, but there should be at least some degree of standard for these characters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed